Best AAU finish from KY

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louisville focus playing for 3rd/4th and the ky royals diamonds are playing for 5th/6th in the 7th grade AAU national division 2 tomorrow. Great showing for ky there regardless of how things go! The ky legacy elite basically placed 11th in division 1 - outstanding - 11th in the country is pretty good I'd say.

Congratulations to Louisville Focus for coming in 3rd in the AAU D2 7th grade girls national championship. Louisville Focus leader Tim Barnett said this team finished the Spring and Summer with a 29-2 record.

Just read that the Kentucky Premier was ranked the no.12 AAU club in the nation. Congratulations!!!

Also read that their 17U Parmley squad was playing in the NIKE national championship in D.C., does anyone know how they are doing?

Where did you find national rankings? I ask because AAU usually updates the club power rankings after the national tournaments, but it doesn't look like they have done that yet. I also looked but didn't see that Kentucky Premier played in the national tournament... how else do teams get a "national ranking" without playing in the AAU national tournament?

Well didn't know that there was only one place to find "the AAU rankings", even though rankings are only an opinion... The OPINION I'm speaking of would be Kenny Kallina's top 100 clubs mid-season rankings. Rankings are based on how the clubs did in the month of July. I'd say it is a national ranking bc the clubs are from all over the nation.

As for the Kentucky Premier not playing in a national championship, 17U Parmley is at the NIKE/USJN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in Washington D.C.

Relax man. I appreciate the reference to Kenny Kallina; I checked him out and, even though I wonder about the methodology, I guess he is entitled to his opinion. As far as my reference to AAU rankings, your post about Kentucky Premier came right after the reference to the 4th grade Kentucky Premier, and I assumed, incorrectly evidently, that you were referencing THAT Kentucky Premier team. It appears that Kenny Kallina's rankings are intended to rank the clubs and seems much more heavily weighted to high school performances.

As far as the participation in a national tournament, again I thought you were referring to the 4th grade Kentucky Premier team that had been mentioned in the previous post. My bad. Nonetheless, if you are ever interested in the AAU Club Power rankings (which are determined for each classification by and large upon performance in the AAU national tournament) you can find that at the AAU Girls Basketball website.