When you think KY top teams who comes to mind???

Figured given the dynasty thread this would be a good way to measure.

For me, just off the top of my head:

Trinity

St. X

Highlands

Beechwood

NCC

Mayfield

Danville

Scotty County

Boyle County

Bowling Green

Those are the ones that really stand out with another 15 that could be argued either way to round out the top 25 programs in the state. Male came to mind, as did a few Lexington schools but I feel that the above schools are always elite and in the hunt for another title. What say you?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think Trinity first and foremost...then have to think a moment to come up with any one else that really compares to them.

Exactly.

Maybe 10 or 20 years from now things will be different, but for now T has an exclusive membership and everyone else is trying to get in that door but their keys don't quite fit.

Figured given the dynasty thread this would be a good way to measure.

For me, just off the top of my head:

Trinity

St. X

Highlands

Beechwood

NCC

Mayfield

Danville

Scotty County

Boyle County

Bowling Green

Those are the ones that really stand out with another 15 that could be argued either way to round out the top 25 programs in the state. Male came to mind, as did a few Lexington schools but I feel that the above schools are always elite and in the hunt for another title. What say you?

If I had to make a list, I'd replace Scott County with Central or Belfry.

If we are talking about which school is currently fielding the top football squad in KY, then I think it is clear the answer is Trinity. They won a MNC two years ago, for Pete's sake! If we are talking about the best program, then it is not as clear cut, since to me, best program takes into consideration factors such as which program gets the most out of the talent at hand, which program consistently has great coaching, etc.

Guest devilschild

Historically I'd say Trinity,Beechwood,Highlands,St.X,Danville,Mayfield,Male,& Covington Catholic have been the best of the best.....

Ill bet if a household national poll was done people might be surprised that Highlands and Trinity are the household names across the USA when KY HS football comes to mind.

No disrespect to anyone else but that is nature of the beast, its all about National exposure, Highlands and T has it and its tough to find anyone else in KY with it.

The State Championships speak for themselves and T's National Title and Highlands National 3rd finish a few yrs ago might have something to do with it all.

The National TV exposure doesnt hurt either. :thumb:

Can anyone assemble a top 10 list of schools with the most championships?

This link has it through 2011: http://khsaa.org/records/football/statefootballteamrecords.pdf

So counting last year:

T-1) Highlands (22)

T-1) Trinity (22)

3) St. X (12)

4) Beechwood (11)

5) Danville (10)

6) Mayfield (9)

7) Boyle County (7)

T-8) Covington Catholic (6)

T-8) Fort Campbell (6)

T-8) Male (6)