Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knock knock

Featured Replies

 

At the very least an ugly scene outside of the courtroom when he leaves IMO.

 

I believe the picture of a 12 year old Trayvon has infected public opinion about the case. I have talked to countless people who see a 12 year old Trayvon and refuse to believe he was winning the fight.

 

The media influences a lot of people.

  • Replies 479
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW the wording of that SYG law leads to situations like this.

 

It's like the law said that if I broke into RTS' house and threatened him and he got on top of me and I shot him that I should be able to claim self-defense.

Oh, if you broke into my house, there would be no fist fight. :D
With all of the emotion around this case what will happen if GZ is aquitted?

 

I'll start following my enemies, let them beat me up and then I'll shoot them.

I'll start following my enemies, let them beat me up and then I'll shoot them.

 

Probably not funny but I still laughed. It seems that would be the new precedent.

The media influences a lot of people.

 

Unlike some, I try to watch these as I was on that Jury. I love the law system, even though it will never be perfect. As of right now, I have a reasonable doubt. Even though Nancy Grace, is convicting him like she was an eye witness.

At the very least an ugly scene outside of the courtroom when he leaves IMO.

 

I believe the picture of a 12 year old Trayvon has infected public opinion about the case. I have talked to countless people who see a 12 year old Trayvon and refuse to believe he was winning the fight.

I agree on the 12 year old picture. That is a the crux of what I was referencing when I talked about the exploitation of Martin. I bet the bulk of people believe that is what he looked like when he was killed. As everyone knows, the difference between a 12 year old and a 17 year old is huge with growth and maturation. You are really not the same person.

Speculation on one of the telecast covering the trial is that the reason the Girl didn't tell anyone she was on the phone with Trayvon and the reason could not got to the funeral was that she may have been egging him on and was feeling guilty. That again was pure speculation by some on the panel, but it would make sense when looking at her actions afterwards.

Speculation on one of the telecast covering the trial is that the reason the Girl didn't tell anyone she was on the phone with Trayvon and the reason could not got to the funeral was that she may have been egging him on and was feeling guilty. That again was pure speculation by some on the panel, but it would make sense when looking at her actions afterwards.

Hmm. Interesting.

I heard someone saying last night that they do not feel the prosecution is doing a poor job, they just simply have so little to work with.

I heard someone saying last night that they do not feel the prosecution is doing a poor job, they just simply have so little to work with.

 

Sounds like the prosecution is up against it simply due to the written word of the law.

I heard someone saying last night that they do not feel the prosecution is doing a poor job' date=' they just simply have so little to work with.[/quote']

 

I haven't followed it too closely because I've been too busy but I've felt from the beginning they don't have much of a case.

I heard someone saying last night that they do not feel the prosecution is doing a poor job, they just simply have so little to work with.

I agree, there isn't a whole lot for them to work with. It seems to me has if they may have been pressured (really?) into prosecuting this case. Maybe local DA is wanting to ensure he gets reelected or maybe the pressure is from higher up. But I've never seen prosecution witnesses as helpful to the defendant as a couple of these have been with their testimony, especially last guy before police officers.

I agree, there isn't a whole lot for them to work with. It seems to me has if they may have been pressured (really?) into prosecuting this case. Maybe local DA is wanting to ensure he gets reelected or maybe the pressure is from higher up. But I've never seen prosecution witnesses as helpful to the defendant as a couple of these have been with their testimony, especially last guy before police officers.

They got pressured because of the racial outcry to go for the murder charge. Political leaders, celebrities, and other media members knew nothing except that Trayvon was a black kid in a hoodie (with the 12 year old image only to go by) killed by a white guy and knew nothing about how it was even reported to have gone down. Whether these people did the correct thing because it ultimately led to charges I am not sure, but if he is found innocent of murder it will further heighten racial tension because of their actions.

Defense attorney is asking the judge to end the trial claiming the state had not shown there was a murder.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.