Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knock knock

Featured Replies

Defense attorney is asking the judge to end the trial claiming the state had not shown there was a murder.

 

No way this gets a directed verdict, even though it does not seem like murder has been proven.

  • Replies 479
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought TM's mother's testimony was pretty strong stuff. With an all woman jury (I believe most are mothers), that had to leave a pretty big impact.

I thought TM's mother's testimony was pretty strong stuff. With an all woman jury (I believe most are mothers), that had to leave a pretty big impact.

If he is convicted I think her testimony will be why.

If he is convicted I think her testimony will be why.

 

I 100% agree. As much as I think he should be convicted, I don't feel it was going that direction until her testimony. Now I'm starting to think he just may be.

Defense attorney is making a pretty good case that the case has not been proven and should not be sent to the jury...I just can't see judge doing that though.

Is there any other charge that has been filed besides 2nd degree murder?

Defense attorney is making a pretty good case that the case has not been proven and should not be sent to the jury...I just can't see judge doing that though.

 

By him asking that it makes me wonder if Martin's Mother's testimony doesn't have him a little bit worried.

By him asking that it makes me wonder if Martin's Mother's testimony doesn't have him a little bit worried.

 

No, I don't think so. Defense can call Zimmerman's dad who will say that he thought the voice was his son, so that offset her somewhat. I think he is asking due to the fact that the prosecutor didn't prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. He said, "There is no Ill-Will, Spite or Hate proven which would be necessary for a 2nd degree conviction."

No, I don't think so. Defense can call Zimmerman's dad who will say that he thought the voice was his son, so that offset her somewhat. I think he is asking due to the fact that the prosecutor didn't prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. He said, "There is no Ill-Will, Spite or Hate proven which would be necessary for a 2nd degree conviction."

 

If he thinks he's got such a slam dunk case presented then why even worry about it going to the jury?

Judge denied the request. With the speed she showed to deny it ot is obvious the attorney was wasting his breath.

If he thinks he's got such a slam dunk case presented then why even worry about it going to the jury?

 

Because juries are very unpredictable, why risk your client if there is no need to.

Defense has GZ' MMA teacher on the stand. Says there is no way GZ was talented enough to do much if Trayvon had him down and had his legs locked down.

You hear about witnesses who the jury dislikes. This guy that owns the gym where GZ trained would be one.

Gym owner/MMA teacher said GZ was basically a rookie at that type of fighting. Says he hadn't learned much yet.

I guess one big piece of news is the prosecution letting two detectives state that they heard Trayvon's dad say that the voice on the tape wasn't Trayvon.

 

Talking heads said it is class hearsay (not the BGP version of vintage Hearsay) since they were stating what was said by a person who is not on the stand.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.