Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knock knock

Featured Replies

I agree about people possibly being swayed, but $2,400 doesn't sound too high. I think if I was on a jury I would expect expert testimony to come from people that were paid to look at the evidence. I don't see many people volunteering to run around giving expert testimony.

  • Replies 479
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking heads say 2nd degree manslaughter is going to be tough to get.

 

However, FL allows for lesser charges such as criminally negligent homicide.

 

Some might think that an "expert" earning $20,000 to share his opinion in court is a bit biased...

 

I guess Didn't think it would be something that could be brought up in court but I learn something every day. :lol2:

I guess Didn't think it would be something that could be brought up in court but I learn something every day. :lol2:

 

Seems like it would be as relevant as whether Martin had traces of marijuana in his system.

Seems like it would be as relevant as whether Martin had traces of marijuana in his system.

 

I'm still trying to wrap my head around TM being high and beating up GZ. GZ is one pathetically weak human being. :no:

Talking heads say 2nd degree manslaughter is going to be tough to get.

 

However, FL allows for lesser charges such as criminally negligent homicide.

 

I think a charge like that is what they should have pursued in the first place. I think Zimmerman's unnecessary actions were the cause of the whole incident but I don't think he intended for any of it to happen the way it did. I'd have a hard time returning a murder verdict but would have no problem with negligent homicide.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around TM being high and beating up GZ. GZ is one pathetically weak human being. :no:

 

The traces that he had didn't mean he was high. In fact, they were so low that they didn't suggest any recent usage. Here's a quote from an article on Martin's THC levels:

 

For one, they are so low as to almost certainly not be connected to recent intoxication: 1.5 nanograms of THC were found as well as 7.3 nanograms of THC-COOH, a metabolite of THC that can stay in the system for weeks after cannabis has been smoked. Immediately after inhaling, THC levels typically rise to 100 to 200 nanograms per milliter of blood, although there can be a great deal of variation.

 

Read more: Traces of Marijuana Found in Trayvon Martin?s Body: Does It Matter? | TIME.com

 

Honestly, it might have been better for the prosecution if he had been high. How many high people have you ever seen attack someone and beat the tar out of them? The next one I see will be my first.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around TM being high and beating up GZ. GZ is one pathetically weak human being. :no:

Tox report showed very very low traces...don't think they ever said he was high.

 

What is going to be funny is the next time this prosecutor tries to prosecute someone for being impaired by marijuana the defense is going to use his words in this trial against him. He has said that TM wasn't influenced by the level in his system. They said this same level could be considered as enough to be under the influence in a DUI case.

I think a charge like that is what they should have pursued in the first place. I think Zimmerman's unnecessary actions were the cause of the whole incident but I don't think he intended for any of it to happen the way it did. I'd have a hard time returning a murder verdict but would have no problem with negligent homicide.
What is the burden of proof for that, does anyone know.
What is the burden of proof for that, does anyone know.

 

Million dollar question. The right answer and GZ is home free.

The traces that he had didn't mean he was high. In fact, they were so low that they didn't suggest any recent usage. Here's a quote from an article on Martin's THC levels:

 

For one, they are so low as to almost certainly not be connected to recent intoxication: 1.5 nanograms of THC were found as well as 7.3 nanograms of THC-COOH, a metabolite of THC that can stay in the system for weeks after cannabis has been smoked. Immediately after inhaling, THC levels typically rise to 100 to 200 nanograms per milliter of blood, although there can be a great deal of variation.

 

Read more: Traces of Marijuana Found in Trayvon Martin?s Body: Does It Matter? | TIME.com

 

Honestly, it might have been better for the prosecution if he had been high. How many high people have you ever seen attack someone and beat the tar out of them? The next one I see will be my first.

 

Tox report showed very very low traces...don't think they ever said he was high.

 

What is going to be funny is the next time this prosecutor tries to prosecute someone for being impaired by marijuana the defense is going to use his words in this trial against him. He has said that TM wasn't influenced by the level in his system. They said this same level could be considered as enough to be under the influence in a DUI case.

 

 

Okay. I saw something on the tv at work that said they found marijuana in his system. I never saw how much. I just assumed he was high when I saw it on the tv.

Okay. I saw something on the tv at work that said they found marijuana in his system. I never saw how much. I just assumed he was high when I saw it on the tv.

Same prosecutor it has been said has prosecuted people for the same amount in the past for DUI wrecks, but in this trial he tried to play it down. You know someone is going to use this against him in the future.

TM couldn't have been high; he only bought one bag of Skittles. I'd have had my arms full with bags of Doritos, peanut butter M&M's and Mountain Dew.

A guy does 3-D reconstruction of the bodies and the angles of the bodies during the fight. It's a software program.

 

I would have said that is more like a crime scene survey. From what I understand, they setup 3 laser pointers in different locations. And you kind of get more of a picture after that.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around TM being high and beating up GZ. GZ is one pathetically weak human being. :no:

 

His MMA trainer essentially said the same thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.