July 8, 201313 yr I guess one big piece of news is the prosecution letting two detectives state that they heard Trayvon's dad say that the voice on the tape wasn't Trayvon. Talking heads said it is class hearsay (not the BGP version of vintage Hearsay) since they were stating what was said by a person who is not on the stand. Not that they would have made the murder charge stick but I have been really disappointed in the prosecution.
July 8, 201313 yr Judge denied the request. With the speed she showed to deny it ot is obvious the attorney was wasting his breath. It is a procedural move. Don't read too much into it.
July 8, 201313 yr Trayvon's dad contradicted 2 detectives by saying he did not know one way or the other if it was Trayvon's voice on the tape.
July 8, 201313 yr Not that they would have made the murder charge stick but I have been really disappointed in the prosecution. PP92-I knew you were going to say that sooner or later. They have a crappy case which was politically and racially motivated. Hard to win those kind.
July 8, 201313 yr PP92-I knew you were going to say that sooner or later. They have a crappy case which was politically and racially motivated. Hard to win those kind. I've actually heard the talking head attorneys praise the prosecution.
July 8, 201313 yr I've actually heard the talking head attorneys praise the prosecution. Right-they have done all they can, but have a crappy case. Witnesses are absurd and they are trying their best, but it is not looking good for the prosecution. It would be hard to look good when the police for the most part agree with GZ's account.
July 8, 201313 yr PP92-I knew you were going to say that sooner or later. They have a crappy case which was politically and racially motivated. Hard to win those kind. I actually said it earlier when we saw their 'star witness'.
July 8, 201313 yr Will Trayvon Martin's Toxicology report have any influence on the jury? Should it? ---It is said to show trace amounts of marijuana in his system at the time of his death. Is it unfair to present this to the jury? ---Kinda bringing his back ground into play It without bringing it similar background info on Zimmerman.
July 9, 201313 yr Will Trayvon Martin's Toxicology report have any influence on the jury? Should it? ---It is said to show trace amounts of marijuana in his system at the time of his death. Is it unfair to present this to the jury? ---Kinda bringing his back ground into play It without bringing it similar background info on Zimmerman. Introducing the weed angle speaks more to society than it does to the attorneys. They would only introduce it if they thought it would somehow impact the jury even though logic says it has nothing to do with self-defense.
July 9, 201313 yr Defense has been presenting a reconstruction model to the judge for about an hour to see if it will be allowed to be shown to the jury.
July 9, 201313 yr Introducing the weed angle speaks more to society than it does to the attorneys. They would only introduce it if they thought it would somehow impact the jury even though logic says it has nothing to do with self-defense. I agree, but I understand the angle with it. Not trying to get in to a debate of the side effects of weed, but they are trying to show that Martin was not fully mentally stable at the time. Factually correct or not.
July 9, 201313 yr Defense has been presenting a reconstruction model to the judge for about an hour to see if it will be allowed to be shown to the jury. What is a reconstruction model?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.