Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knock knock

Featured Replies

Who "provoked use of force" in this case?

 

That is the why point © is the critical one IMO. I would argue Zimmerman following him provoked the confrontation.

 

I also think if Zimmerman was on top of him, point (d) would be called in to question as well.

  • Replies 479
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Zimmerman was on top of Mrtin when he shot him then in my mind yes, it negates his self defense argument. However Zimmerman just being on top at some point during the fight does not. I don't think any witness actually saw him on top when the shot was fired did they?

 

They say he was on top of him, then stood up and started pacing back and forth. Why would he be on top of him (TM was face down when GZ got up) after he shot him, if he wasn't when he pulled the trigger?

IMO, if GZ was on top of TM then that changes things. GZ could have easily gotten up and bolted to his vehicle and taken off. However, GZ being on top of TM contradicts everything that I have heard/read.

IMO, if GZ was on top of TM then that changes things. GZ could have easily gotten up and bolted to his vehicle and taken off. However, GZ being on top of TM contradicts everything that I have heard/read.

 

Two different witnesses said he was on top (Including one who's credibility hasn't been questioned). She said she couldn't see who was on top, but that the guy on top got up and started pacing back and forth between the trashcans and the body until the cops arrived, and the guy on the bottom was laying face down. Obviously that means GZ was the guy she saw get up.

Two different witnesses said he was on top (Including one who's credibility hasn't been questioned). She said she couldn't see who was on top, but that the guy on top got up and started pacing back and forth between the trashcans and the body until the cops arrived, and the guy on the bottom was laying face down. Obviously that means GZ was the guy she saw get up.

I question how TM was laying face down if he was on the bottom (unless GZ shot him execution style in the back or head and in that case I think the evidence would be pretty clear). To me, TM laying face down points to TM being on top. Plus, the defense hasn't rested yet. There is still a LOT to this case.

This article gives a pretty good understanding of the law....Sounds like it doesn't apply to this case.

 

It doesn't and I posted a link about why already. Zimmerman is using plain old self defense not SYG.

I question how TM was laying face down if he was on the bottom (unless GZ shot him execution style in the back or head and in that case I think the evidence would be pretty clear). To me, TM laying face down points to TM being on top. Plus, the defense hasn't rested yet. There is still a LOT to this case.

 

Exactly. The "witnesses" couldn't tell who was who so how do they know who was on top at what time? It's quite possible GZ shot him, TM fell face first and then they saw GZ getting up, looking like he was the person on top.

 

If GZ was on top and TM was face down how did he shoot him in the chest? That's where I thought the one shot was anyways...

Exactly. The "witnesses" couldn't tell who was who so how do they know who was on top at what time? It's quite possible GZ shot him, TM fell face first and then they saw GZ getting up, looking like he was the person on top.

 

If GZ was on top and TM was face down how did he shoot him in the chest? That's where I thought the one shot was anyways...

 

The lady said he was straddling the guy on the bottom like riding a horse, and that the same person was on top the entire time.

The lady said he was straddling the guy on the bottom like riding a horse, and that the same person was on top the entire time.

 

So she was watching when the shot occurred? Has any forensic evidence been presented yet?

That is the why point © is the critical one IMO. I would argue Zimmerman following him provoked the confrontation.

 

I also think if Zimmerman was on top of him, point (d) would be called in to question as well.

While I would agree that Zimmerman following him would is reason for Martin to confront Zimmerman it is not reason for Martin to attack Zimmerman.

The lady said he was straddling the guy on the bottom like riding a horse, and that the same person was on top the entire time.

 

From what I gather she did not see the entire altercation. So by "entire time" I guess you mean the entire time she saw them?

From what I gather she did not see the entire altercation. So by "entire time" I guess you mean the entire time she saw them?

 

Yes, from when she came outside until the person got up and started pacing it was the same person on top the entire time.

Guy on the stand right now says he saw TM on top of GZ pounding him with punches.

While I would agree that Zimmerman following him would is reason for Martin to confront Zimmerman it is not reason for Martin to attack Zimmerman.

 

Has anyone besides Zimmerman testified as to who confronted who?

Exactly. The "witnesses" couldn't tell who was who so how do they know who was on top at what time? It's quite possible GZ shot him, TM fell face first and then they saw GZ getting up, looking like he was the person on top.

 

If GZ was on top and TM was face down how did he shoot him in the chest? That's where I thought the one shot was anyways...

 

What you said is possible, but I have trouble understanding how, if Martin were on top and was shot, wouldn't he fall on top of Zimmerman? Seems like you would roll the body off you, so Martin wouldn't have been face down. I would assume that there would also be some sort of blood spatter evidence on Zimmerman's clothes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.