June 27, 201313 yr Good thing you aren't on the jury because you don't understand the law. What percentage of responsibility for the incident taking place do you assign to Zimmerman?
June 27, 201313 yr At what point was Martin's life threatened up until GZ felt like his was? I have no answer....and you don't have one either. Pure speculation, that is why the murder charge was a huge overreach. If I was in an area I wasn't totally familiar with, and noticed a guy following me in a car, then get out of his car and follow me on foot, I'd feel threatened. I imagine you would too, if you're being honest. Once again I'll ask, why was he following him in the first place?
June 27, 201313 yr Good thing you aren't on the jury because you don't understand the law. There are people sitting on juries right now holding the fate of someone's life that don't understand the law. We are on BGP. We'll be fine.
June 27, 201313 yr What percentage of responsibility for the incident taking place do you assign to Zimmerman? GZ made a mistake, he got out of his car. I would like to know if you had a gun on you and your nose just got smashed in and your head is being pounded into the sidewalk. At what point do you feel your life is threatened even if you made a mistake by causing a confrontation?
June 27, 201313 yr To the bolded, why, because Zimmerman says so? I'm sorry, but if you're morally okay with ending another's life, I think it's a safe bet you'd be morally okay with lying out your backside to save yourself. I'm sure Martin would paint a completely different story, but Zimmerman made sure he isn't around to tell his side. My post is in regards to whether or not he should be or can be convicted of a crime. So yes, because he said so. If you think he is lying you don't have to believe his story but that doesn't mean there is evidence to convict of anything.
June 27, 201313 yr If I was in an area I wasn't totally familiar with, and noticed a guy following me in a car, then get out of his car and follow me on foot, I'd feel threatened. I imagine you would too, if you're being honest. Once again I'll ask, why was he following him in the first place? If I feel threatened then I run as fast as I can. I'm not GZ, I can't answer that.
June 27, 201313 yr Why was GZ even following him in the first place? Are people not allowed to walk around in a neighborhood anymore? Because the neighborhood had several break ins recently and he was the neighborhood watch. Was it the right thing to do? No, probably not. But it wasn't illegal either.
June 27, 201313 yr GZ made a mistake, he got out of his car. I would like to know if you had a gun on you and your nose just got smashed in and your head is being pounded into the sidewalk. At what point do you feel your life is threatened even if you made a mistake by causing a confrontation? Weird, they found none of GZ's blood on Martin's hands or any marks typical from a fight. :idunno:
June 27, 201313 yr Why was GZ even following him in the first place? Are people not allowed to walk around in a neighborhood anymore? I still feel like people gloss over this question way too much when discussing this situation. And if they do answer they say...well he didn't start the fight or throw the first punch. That befuddles me to no end. I'll give it a shot. If there had been break ins in my neighborhood and I saw someone I didn't recognize walking past my house I would probably call the cops. I probably wouldn't confront them but that's because I've got more sense then that. Even though that person may be completely innocent of any wrong doing does that make me a bad person because I was suspicious of them?
June 27, 201313 yr The reason they gloss over it, is because they don't like the answer, and want to ignore it. Really? You know what everyone thinks? :lol2: come on man...
June 27, 201313 yr Weird, they found none of GZ's blood on Martin's hands or any marks typical from a fight. :idunno: Look at GZ's pics from that night. His nose was busted up and his head had cuts. There is zero doubt Martin whipped GZ's butt.
June 27, 201313 yr I'll give it a shot. If there had been break ins in my neighborhood and I saw someone I didn't recognize walking past my house I would probably call the cops. I probably wouldn't confront them but that's because I've got more sense then that. Even though that person may be completely innocent of any wrong doing does that make me a bad person because I was suspicious of them? Not at all, but this was the 6th or 7th time GZ had called the non-emergency 911 line in the past 6 months and every time it was to report suspicious black males....At some point it starts becoming more than just a coincidence or a concerned citizen.
June 27, 201313 yr Didn't Martin have that same right? If someone follows you while you're walking home then gets out of the car to come after you how would you react? Now imagine the same scenario and you saw that they had a gun in their waistband. Would you defend yourself? If you cause an altercation and then use deadly force against an unarmed person to me you are responsible, even if they were getting the best of you. You keep adding assumptions to the scenario but I'll play. Say Martin did see he had a gun, how freakin stupid do you have to be to attack someone who has a gun when you don't. s
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.