June 27, 201313 yr Martin did have the right to stand his ground but did he have the right to attack GZ? Without being there we don't know if that is how it went down. Martin can't testify and at least some of the "witnesses" have said that it was Martin, not Zimmerman, screaming for help. Bottom line, if Zimmerman hadn't left his car to pursue someone who was minding his own business there is no confrontation.
June 27, 201313 yr Let me say first that I agree, if GZ never got out of his car we aren't discussing this today. However in my mind that does not mean he is guilty of murder. You are correct that we weren't there so we can only go by the evidence and witness testimony. The evidence supports GZ's version if the story. The witness testimony is mixed and at the end if the witness accounts can be unreliable. Especially in a case like this that is so polarizing.
June 27, 201313 yr Without being there we don't know if that is how it went down. Martin can't testify and at least some of the "witnesses" have said that it was Martin, not Zimmerman, screaming for help. Bottom line, if Zimmerman hadn't left his car to pursue someone who was minding his own business there is no confrontation. Wrong. They said the screams sounded like a boy. I've heard Zimmerman talk and he doesn't have a deep voice. Your bottom line is meaningless here IMO. Getting out of your car and walking on a public sidewalk isn't illegal.
June 27, 201313 yr I support the prosecution. I'm not watching the trial. Don't need to. My mind is made up. GZ is guilty of something. I hope they figure out what it is and convict him.
June 27, 201313 yr I support the prosecution. I'm not watching the trial. Don't need to. My mind is made up. GZ is guilty of something. I hope they figure out what it is and convict him. Your mind is made up based on what exactly?
June 27, 201313 yr Your mind is made up based on what exactly? PP92's version of the events. I'll add that I have zero confidence in the prosecutor to have GZ charged with anything if that is his star witness. I'll probably start watching now just to see how he screws it up.
June 27, 201313 yr I support the prosecution. I'm not watching the trial. Don't need to. My mind is made up. GZ is guilty of something. I hope they figure out what it is and convict him. I am in favor of the prosecution in the sense that I believe GZ was the main spark in this tragedy. However, I am little hesitant to root for one side or another in these type cases. My contention from the start is that GZ, right or wrong, has a strong case under SYG and lack of evidence. And from the onset I have never liked the exploitation of Trayvon by the family and attorneys (from both sides and the media).
June 27, 201313 yr PP92's version of the events. I'll add that I have zero confidence in the prosecutor to have GZ charged with anything if that is his star witness. I'll probably start watching now just to see how he screws it up. I concur. She was getting hammered on twitter yesterday. Some of it was hilarious, but that is for another thread. But, on the other hand I think the "star witness" was who many thought she would be and why people thought all along GZ has a decent shot of getting off. They really do not have a whole lot besides screams that really no person can make sense of and hazy images of two people in a struggle. She was making an emotional appeal, but I am not really sure what she told us yesterday that no person didn't already know?
June 27, 201313 yr I concur. She was getting hammered on twitter yesterday. Some of it was hilarious, but that is for another thread. But, on the other hand I think the "star witness" was who many thought she would be and why people thought all along GZ has a decent shot of getting off. They really do not have a whole lot besides screams that really no person can make sense of and hazy images of two people in a struggle. She was making an emotional appeal, but I am not really sure what she told us yesterday that no person didn't already know? Agreed. If I was on the jury my thought process would be..."this is the best witness you have?" I'd have a hard time believing anything the prosecution would put before me. I'm listening now and she seems to be GZ's star witness in my eyes.
June 27, 201313 yr I am in favor of the prosecution in the sense that I believe GZ was the main spark in this tragedy. However, I am little hesitant to root for one side or another in these type cases. My contention from the start is that GZ, right or wrong, has a strong case under SYG and lack of evidence. And from the onset I have never liked the exploitation of Trayvon by the family and attorneys (from both sides and the media). I've felt like he had a pretty good case also but I feel he should be held accountable for his role in the incident. I can't get over the fact that at the end of the day he was an overzealous neighborhood watchman and Trayvon Martin is dead because of it.
June 27, 201313 yr Agreed. If I was on the jury my thought process would be..."this is the best witness you have?" I'd have a hard time believing anything the prosecution would put before me. I'm listening now and she seems to be GZ's star witness in my eyes. Yep. The defense may just rest after her testimony :lol2:
June 27, 201313 yr I've felt like he had a pretty good case also but I feel he should be held accountable for his role in the incident. I can't get over the fact that at the end of the day he was an overzealous neighborhood watchman and Trayvon Martin is dead because of it. That is kind of where I am. The murder charge is a tough one and they botched that already.
June 27, 201313 yr PP92's version of the events. I'll add that I have zero confidence in the prosecutor to have GZ charged with anything if that is his star witness. I'll probably start watching now just to see how he screws it up. I don't think the prosecutor has much to work with. Most of the evidence supports Zimmerman's story. The eye witnesses aren't real credible either way and the star witness is an admitted liar.
June 27, 201313 yr I don't think the prosecutor has much to work with. Most of the evidence supports Zimmerman's story. The eye witnesses aren't real credible either way and the star witness is an admitted liar. Maybe, but Trayvon is dead so we can't get his side of the story. There is some physical evidence that it appears to be able to help the prosecution and GZ's credibility could be exploited more as well but I have no faith in the prosecution at all. I can see GZ leaving the courtroom and going straight home to grill burgers and dogs when the trial is over.
June 27, 201313 yr Maybe, but Trayvon is dead so we can't get his side of the story. There is some physical evidence that it appears to be able to help the prosecution and GZ's credibility could be exploited more as well but I have no faith in the prosecution at all. I can see GZ leaving the courtroom and going straight home to grill burgers and dogs when the trial is over. GZ doesn't have to testify. What physical evidence supports the prosecution?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.