June 27, 201313 yr Its pretty simple. He called the police because of the burglaries in the area. He followed him to keep an eye on him for the police. The police told him to follow Martin?
June 27, 201313 yr Is that what I said? What evidence is there that he was "following Martin to keep an eye on him for the police?" If he was, under whose authority was he acting?
June 27, 201313 yr He's a neighborhood watch guy. To a degree, doing his job. I thought he was a self appointed neighborhood watch guy and that there wasn't an official neighborhood watch guy. He was doing it on his own volition. Like a vigilante.
June 27, 201313 yr Is that what I said? Doesn't matter what you said. He disobeyed the dispatcher's order to quit following Martin. Once again, on his own volition(vigilante) he kept following Martin. Martin stood his ground and whipped his butt and died for standing his ground. Because Martin was so good at standing his ground he lost his life and GZ gets to play the stand your ground card. You say when Martin made it physical it became on him. So he was supposed to stand around and wait for GZ to attack after he was already feeling threatened to the point to confront GZ? Is that what you said?
June 27, 201313 yr What evidence is there that he was "following Martin to keep an eye on him for the police?" If he was, under whose authority was he acting? That was my assumption, I apologize for not making that clear. With that said, he is free to walk on public sidewalks if he wants to right?
June 27, 201313 yr Doesn't matter what you said. He disobeyed the dispatcher's order to quit following Martin. Once again, on his own volition(vigilante) he kept following Martin. Martin stood his ground and whipped his butt and died for standing his ground. Because Martin was so good at standing his ground he lost his life and GZ gets to play the stand your ground card. You say when Martin made it physical it became on him. So he was supposed to stand around and wait for GZ to attack after he was already feeling threatened to the point to confront GZ? Is that what you said? Dispatchers don't give orders. I believe the dispatcher testified to that. They give suggestions. GZ isn't playing the stand your ground card. http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/justice/florida-zimmerman-defense It does matter what I said, and I didn't say that. I don't recall saying Martin made it physical. I said GZ stated he did. I also said according to GZ, he lost sight of TM. IF that is the case and TM jumped him after he was more than capable of just going home, don't you think that changes things? Unfortunately I haven't heard or read anything that prices either way who started the physical confrontation. Because of that i don't think you can convict GZ of murder.
June 27, 201313 yr Passionate? How was I passionate about it :lol2: Also I thought it was Zimmerman's wife who lied under oath, not Zimmerman. Incorrect. Zimmerman and his wife said he was broke. He and his wife were then recorded on a jail phone talking about transferring money from his defense fund and about a second passpoert. He was fully aware of how much was in there. So I ask you: Do you now question his credibility regarding statements about the case like you did the witness?
June 27, 201313 yr That was my assumption, I apologize for not making that clear. With that said, he is free to walk on public sidewalks if he wants to right? Certainly, as is (or was) Martin. That that is not the issue that to which I was referring. The issue is "he followed him to keep an eye on him for police." As far as I know, absolutely no one told him to do this. Further, the only police contact he had was with the dispatcher, who suggested that "we don't need you to do that."
June 27, 201313 yr Dispatchers don't give orders. I believe the dispatcher testified to that. They give suggestions. GZ isn't playing the stand your ground card. Zimmerman to argue self-defense, won't seek stand-your-ground hearing - CNN.com It does matter what I said, and I didn't say that. I don't recall saying Martin made it physical. I said GZ stated he did. I also said according to GZ, he lost sight of TM. IF that is the case and TM jumped him after he was more than capable of just going home, don't you think that changes things? Unfortunately I haven't heard or read anything that prices either way who started the physical confrontation. Because of that i don't think you can convict GZ of murder. My bad. The dispatcher suggested that he quit following TM and to let the police handle it. He chose not to listen. TM was murdered by the guy who wouldn't listen to the dispatcher's suggestion. A dispatcher who is a paid professional to make suggestions to people who call 911. If TM is in his home neighborhood why does he have to go home when he wasn't doing anything wrong? Why can't he enjoy his Ice Tea and Skittles in peace without being stalked?
June 27, 201313 yr Incorrect. Zimmerman is the one that said he was broke. He and his wife were then recorded on a jail phone talking about transferring money from his defense fund and about a second passpoert. So I ask you: Do you now question his credibility regarding statements about the case like you did the witness? You have a link that says GZ lied? I read it was his wife. Regardless we haven't heard his testimony yet and I doubt we will. Even if his credibility is hurt because of that, you still don't prove murder.
June 27, 201313 yr Certainly' date=' as is (or was) Martin. That that is not the issue that to which I was referring. The issue is "he followed him to keep an eye on him for police." As far as I know, absolutely no one told him to do this. Further, the only police contact he had was with the dispatcher, who suggested that "we don't need you to do that."[/quote'] No one has to tell him to do it. People do it all the time when they think someone is "suspicious". It's not necessarily illegal in itself unless he attacked or followed him somewhere he wasn't allowed to be (like if he followed him onto his property. We don't have any evidence or witnesses saying he attacked TM. I was only assuming that's what he was doing anyways. I don't know why he followed him and I'm not sure if he did follow him. I know he initially did go after him but we don't know what happened after the dispatcher told him to stop.
June 27, 201313 yr My bad. The dispatcher suggested that he quit following TM and to let the police handle it. He chose not to listen. TM was murdered by the guy who wouldn't listen to the dispatcher's suggestion. A dispatcher who is a paid professional to make suggestions to people who call 911. If TM is in his home neighborhood why does he have to go home when he wasn't doing anything wrong? Why can't he enjoy his Ice Tea and Skittles in peace without being stalked? It doesn't matter what the dispatcher suggested. It's not illegal for him to ignore that. If he started the physical confrontation, got whipped then shot TM because he was getting whipped, I think that's on him and he should do some time. I don't think the prosecution can prove that even if that's what happened.
June 27, 201313 yr You have a link that says GZ lied? I read it was his wife. Regardless we haven't heard his testimony yet and I doubt we will. Even if his credibility is hurt because of that, you still don't prove murder. His wife was on the phone. He was sitting right there listening to the conversation and did nothing to correct her. He was fully aware that they had around $100,000. The judge considered them both to have lied. Do you really think he didn't know that they had money? He was certainly aware of the second passport that he didn't surrender so again I ask you: Does this make you question his credibility regarding his story? I'm on my phone. Google George Zimmerman lies at bond hearing it will explain it nicely.
June 27, 201313 yr His wife was on the phone. He was sitting right there listening to the conversation and did nothing to correct her. He was fully aware that they had around $100,000. The judge considered them both to have lied. Do you really think he didn't know that they had money? He was certainly aware of the second passport that he didn't surrender so again I ask you: Does this make you question his credibility regarding his story? I'm on my phone. Google George Zimmerman lies at bond hearing it will explain it nicely. Of course it hurts his credibility. But I'm still just finding links of his wife lying, which is why I believe she has been charged.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.