Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville Fans the Best In College Basketball?

Featured Replies

Like Bengal fans, it says to me they are the dumbest. Spend money even if they are losing? Makes no sense.

 

:sssh:

 

Yeah...because bailing on your team during the bad times is much smarter.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah...because bailing on your team during the bad times is much smarter.

 

It helps shake things up.

 

I actually thought you would go with the, "Did you just compare the Cards and Bengals?" angle. Not really serious because Louisville hasn't been bad in anything, at least long term, for a while. However, I do believe that if any team is bad over a long period of time you should stop spending your money on them until they make a change.

UK fans travel much much better than UL fans, and any other college's fan as well. If UK and UL played on the moon, UK fans would undoubtedly make the trip and outnumber the UL fans 4:1.

 

UL fans travel extremely well per capita.

The big difference is the UK factor here. Not only would an NBA team be competing with UofL, it also would be competing for support with UK. The Grizzlies don't have to worry about that too much when it comes to UT.

 

For an NBA team to work in Kentucky, you have to operate from the assumption that there are 20,000 people who are able to buy tickets consistently, who are not already supporting UofL or UK. Those 20,000 people have to be NBA fans only, in a college hoops-mad state. I just ain't seeing it.

Some have maintained on here that the UK support in Louisville is not near what some believe :idunno:There are only so many tickets and games for fans to attend. Most fans do not attend their team's games. UT support is pretty darn evident and rampant across Tennessee, but Memphis and Knoxville are miles away. Maybe if Louisville was a few hours west it would have a better shot of working.

 

It is an interesting point of discussion and I think the Memphis comparison has a lot of merit.

Is this just for basketball? How do you measure U of L or any major program other than UCLA being bad at basketball. Maybe the Indiana years a few year ago when Crean took over.

 

How much did UOfL football make during the Kragthorpe years?

Also I've never got where the large amount of revenue U of L makes in basketball comes from. They don't have an extremely large fan base. Is it a mixture of Big East money, luxury boxes, alcohol sales mixed in with merchandise. I'm not being mean but I don't know how they make more than Kentucky, North Carolina, Indiana or Kansas.

Also I've never got where the large amount of revenue U of L makes in basketball

comes from. They don't have an extremely large fan base. Is it a mixture of Big East money, luxury boxes, alcohol sales mixed in with merchandise. I'm not being mean but I don't know how they make more than Kentucky, North Carolina, Indiana or Kansas.

 

It's my understanding their advantage is mostly from alcolhol sales.

It's my understanding their advantage is mostly from alcolhol sales.

 

I hate that SEC rule. It's a huge advantage for schools that can sell.

I don't see much Louisville apparel in eastern Kentucky either. And not very much in central Kentucky.

 

Doesn't UL make a large chunk of money from the Yum Center alcohol sales, which isn't allowed at Rupp and most other college venues? Wouldn't that skew the statistics that the conclusions were based on?

Less than 2%...it doesn't have near the impact many would think it does.

NBA won't work here, and I, for one, hope it never happens.

Any study that involves revenue and UL is going to be skewed. This study is done from a business school that I would venture to say looks solely at numbers, as long as those numbers include the revenue generated from the deal with the YUM Center they mean very little to me when it equates to "best fan base". "Best administration", "best sweetheart deal" or "best tax payer screwing" maybe...

UL fans are the best in college basketball. Period. The study says so. Deal with it and move on with your wallets and purses out and buy more UK gear if you have a problem with it.
Study has zero credibility....anyone could come up with a study to show their respective team with some advantage....to say that Lville fans are the best in the country is ridiculous...
Study has zero credibility....anyone could come up with a study to show their respective team with some advantage....to say that Lville fans are the best in the country is ridiculous...

 

While I do feel this is a silly study...it is a study...so we top this one. :D Out of curiosity, what criteria would you use to determine the best farms of a team? And who would be tops.

The criteria for farms is corn and beans. That means Purdue. Sorry, RM, feeling silly today. Hate my tablet. It never types right.

UL fans are the best in college basketball. Period. The study says so. Deal with it and move on with your wallets and purses out and buy more UK gear if you have a problem with it.

 

As much as I like to dig at Kobe fans I have a feeling you enjoy digging at UK fans even more . Well played.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.