Thomas More's Coach leaves

greendevil

D3 is a lot tougher to coach than meets the eye. With no athletic scholarships and the recruiting limitations it can be just as stressful as higher level and higher profile positions. Would not be surprised if this was a financial consideration for leaving?

Caught me off guard as well. Where is coach Rogers from? Could be a move to get closer to 'home'? Agree about D3 coaching. Expectations are to win but with no $ resources to aid in recruiting.

I'd quit just because of those long bus rides....shame that MSJ won't let TM play in the same sand box.

• 2 weeks later...
Caught me off guard as well. Where is coach Rogers from? Could be a move to get closer to 'home'? Agree about D3 coaching. Expectations are to win but with no $ resources to aid in recruiting.

I'd quit just because of those long bus rides....shame that MSJ won't let TM play in the same sand box.

Yeah those are definitely not a lot of fun at all!!!!!

And remember just like NCC and Holy Cross jobs saw their coaches move to a public school, Thomas More is in the same boat as far as pay compared to public insititutions at the collegiate level. Salary for a head coach at TMC is very poor when compared!

But you know that going in.....

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that they should have a decision within a week. Hiring committee has cut the applicant pool to 5 interviews.

Rumor is that a UC assistant and Bellarmine assistant are in the top 5. I do not have names though.

• 2 weeks later...

Louisville St. Xavier grad. Spent one year as a volunteer assistant at NKU I believe. Has head coaching experience at the D III level several years back.

Looks like a guy with strong ties to the Kentucky area as well as having done coaching and playing in the Boston area.

• 1 year later...
Caught me off guard as well. Where is coach Rogers from? Could be

Very shameful on MSJ's part -- they've essentially taken their ball and gone home. Their President's claims that MSJ is academically superior to Thomas More is just not a factual statement. I'll quit now before I get started on them abruptly ending the Bridge Bowl last Spring because their Football Coaching Staff voted on it after coming to the conclusion they can't even compete with TMC Football, much less win.