Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2015

Featured Replies

  • Author
Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 1m

To recap tonight: Luke Kennard 53 points, Trey Lyles 45 points, Tyler Ulis 30 points, Karl Towns 29 points & 21 rebounds. Wow.

 

And Luke Kennard was not at full strength, he was playing with painful tendinitis in his left knee.

 

 

 

What kind of competition has Kennard been playing against ?

He's putting up crazy numbers.

 

I'm not sure I could average 40+ against an average middle school team.

 

Here is a article you may want to read;

 

Kennard nets school-record 53 in Franklin win

 

 

 

Even at less than full strength, it’s safe to say Luke Kennard is still pretty good.

Playing with painful tendinitis in his left knee, the Franklin High School junior guard returned to action Saturday night and broke his own school record with 53 points in a 78-51 boys basketball triumph over visiting Bellbrook.

“It felt pretty good tonight, so I really wanted to play,” said Kennard, who didn’t play in the Wildcats’ last game at the Beach Ball Classic in South Carolina. “Jumping is when it really starts to hurt more. I’ll just keep icing it. I’ll be OK.”

 

Kennard nets school-record 53 in Franklin win | www.daytondailynews.com

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 159.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dante Exum is a 6'6" PG out of Australia. Most draft boards have him going top 5, which would obviously be difficult to pass up. Exum has recently entertained the idea of playing one year in college, to get used to the style of play here and improve his game before going pro. He will be visiting Kentucky, North Carolina, Indiana, Oregon, & Michigan. Kentucky has already offered him a scholarship as well. He would be a very exciting player to have lead our next years squad.

 

Dante Exum Discusses Recruitment : Kentucky Sports Connection

 

Here's some highlights of his game:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSadteflk9Y12

Some compare his skill set and size to Penny Hardaway. What does everyone else think of him?

Edited by TaylorMadeBoy
Double Post

Exum is for real, would be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up. He would be the #1 player in this high school class hands down. The lack of competition may cause a steeper learning curve but the talent is there and he shows it any time he plays high caliber guys of the same age.

Who can get behind a team and be a good fan when you know that the players are there for one year and for only one reason, to be drafted. It's really hard for me.

Exum is for real' date=' would be nice but I'm not getting my hopes up. He would be the #1 player in this high school class hands down. The lack of competition may cause a steeper learning curve but the talent is there and he shows it any time he plays high caiber guys of the same age.[/quote']

 

Equal chance you play D1 hoops next year...

Equal chance you play D1 hoops next year...

 

Are you saying dolamite is a D2 or NAIA talent?

 

Are you saying dolamite is a D2 or NAIA talent?

 

Unlike Exum, he won't be a lottery pick... :D

Equal chance you play D1 hoops next year...

 

I agree.....(unfortunately for Cal, Daggum Roy and others)

Are you saying dolamite is a D2 or NAIA talent?

 

Unlike Exum, he won't be a lottery pick... :D

 

Yeah I'm more rec or church league. :lol:

 

 

Could have played some NAIA or DII/DIII baseball in the day though.....

  • Author
Who can get behind a team and be a good fan when you know that the players are there for one year and for only one reason, to be drafted. It's really hard for me.

 

Do you not want your college team to get the best players? That is just the way it is now. Thanks to BGP you can get to know the players before they get on campus....this thread is a great example. Then enjoy the ride while they are here.

Do you not want your college team to get the best players? That is just the way it is now. Thanks to BGP you can get to know the players before they get on campus....this thread is a great example. Then enjoy the ride while they are here.

 

Goldie, I watch them every game but just don't feel toward them as I once did.

  • Author
Goldie, I watch them every game but just don't feel toward them as I once did.

 

 

I still do, but I get to know the players by reading all I can on them while we are recruiting them. Watching them on TV during AAU and all stars games. Some I keep up with more than others, like Randle and 2015 recruit, Luke Kennard. I plan on going to watch Luke in Louisville the end of this month.

  • Author
Is Luke playing tomorrow Goldie?

 

Tonight he plays at Monroe. Saturday 1-18-14 will be a huge game for them. They are in the Flying to the Hoop Tourney and play HCYA out of Texas at Kettering Ohio. Franklin is 9-2 on the year, with the 2 losses in the Beachball tourney. Luke made the all tourney team this year at the Beachball.

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.