Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2015

Featured Replies

Adam Zagoria now saying that Malik Newman to Prime Prep was a joke.

 

Probably not official or was leaked prematurely.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 159.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Five-star guard talks about UK visit

By Josh Edwards, CatsPause.com

Franklin (Ohio) 247Composite 5-star 2015 shooting guard Luke Kennard picked up a scholarship offer from Kentucky during the July evaluation period and made it down to Lexington to visit the campus last week.

 

"I thought it was a great visit," Kennard's father, Mark, told CatsPause.com Sunday evening. "They showed us the facilities. We went to Rupp Arena. That was pretty neat. We talked to some of the coaches and saw some of the campus."

 

The UK visit was Kennard's second in as many summers and Kennard says John Calipari and his son are in the process of building a relationship.

 

"Coach Cal was excited about Luke and says he'd love to have him," Kennard said. "He's going to continue to build that relationship with him. Coach Cal told us, 'it's not for everyone.' When you walk on campus, they want to win. Luke's excited about it."

 

Luke Kennard enjoys return trip to Kentucky

^ Kennard has now made a second trip to UK in the last month, per Ben Roberts.

  • Author
^ Kennard has now made a second trip to UK in the last month, per Ben Roberts.

 

Yes I knew about it. They were moving his sister, Lauren into G-town, she is a senior. While here, they stopped by the Craft center to see the coaches.

Coach K and his staff visited Franklin High to watch Kennard.

  • Author
Coach K and his staff visited Franklin High to watch Kennard.

 

Pictures were posted on FB, did not see Coach K, but there were pictures of UNC, Ohio St and Michigan that was at his game on Friday.

 

 

1230090_271206036337928_467054448_n.jpg

 

1184983_271175983007600_754136367_n.jpg

 

 

1239743_271175666340965_1623474798_n.jpg

Edited by gold sunrise

Kennard would look great in UK blue. That boy can fill the bucket!

Kennard would look great in UK blue. That boy can fill the bucket!

 

The only knock on him is whether or not BGP will lose goldie as a fan if we end up getting him. She may switch allegiance to Rick and Louisville. She hates the thought of an Ohio kid wearing blue that bad.

 

Just kidding. I really hope we get him as well. Seems to be more of a "UK" type guy than Wiltjer in that he's fundamentally sound (maybe not as polished as Wiltjer in some senses), but he's more capable athletically than Wiltjer.

 

The thing I like about him-- he has an offer from Izzo as well. That tells me all I need to know. Cal, Izzo, and Coach K don't whiff on many prospects alone, let alone when all 3 see something in his game that leads to an offer. I see a split on sites that list an offer from North Carolina as well, but some may not have updated recently.

  • Author
The only knock on him is whether or not BGP will lose goldie as a fan if we end up getting him. She may switch allegiance to Rick and Louisville. She hates the thought of an Ohio kid wearing blue that bad.

 

Just kidding. I really hope we get him as well. Seems to be more of a "UK" type guy than Wiltjer in that he's fundamentally sound (maybe not as polished as Wiltjer in some senses), but he's more capable athletically than Wiltjer.

 

The thing I like about him-- he has an offer from Izzo as well. That tells me all I need to know. Cal, Izzo, and Coach K don't whiff on many prospects alone, let alone when all 3 see something in his game that leads to an offer. I see a split on sites that list an offer from North Carolina as well, but some may not have updated recently.

 

:lol2:

 

He does have a offer from UNC. I have talked to you many times about Luke over the last few years. Told you he was a player to watch. Was thrilled when UK offered and would love to see him at UK. He will take his time and from all I have heard, will decide in the spring.

Him or Zimmerman would be great pick ups.

Him or Zimmerman would be great pick ups.

 

Sign 'em both up.

  • Author

Article on the Zimmerman UK visit:

 

 

 

"It was a huge honor to have Coach Calipari come and meet with me," Zimmerman told Cats Illustrated. "He's a really cool guy and I liked what he had to say. He made a good impression on my parents as well.

 

"Kentucky is a definite option for me," said Zimmerman. "It's an amazing place with a great history that won a championship recently. I plan on eventually taking a visit there, but I don't know when that will be."

 

While Zimmerman has played both on the high school and AAU levels alongside some of the nation's top talent, the he's not looking to be a part of any package deal. With the Class of 2014 starting a new national trend of picking schools in tandem, Zimmerman is focused solely on finding the school that can offer him a chance to play, develop and most importantly, win.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1550369

 

Article on the Zimmerman UK visit:

 

 

 

"It was a huge honor to have Coach Calipari come and meet with me," Zimmerman told Cats Illustrated. "He's a really cool guy and I liked what he had to say. He made a good impression on my parents as well.

 

"Kentucky is a definite option for me," said Zimmerman. "It's an amazing place with a great history that won a championship recently. I plan on eventually taking a visit there, but I don't know when that will be."

 

While Zimmerman has played both on the high school and AAU levels alongside some of the nation's top talent, the he's not looking to be a part of any package deal. With the Class of 2014 starting a new national trend of picking schools in tandem, Zimmerman is focused solely on finding the school that can offer him a chance to play, develop and most importantly, win.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1550369

 

 

Sounds good, I hope Cal can get it done.

Carlton Bragg from OH is planning a visit.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.