Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Recruiting 2015

Featured Replies

  • Author

1509873_292464774212054_563089832_n.jpg

 

Coach Cal and Coach K to watch Luke Kennard at Franklin Ohio.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 159.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Stats for Luke so far this season:

 

 

LUKE KENNARD

Personal: 6-6 jr., Franklin H.S.

Points: 40.2

Rebounds: 10.8

Assists: 5.2

Steals: 2.8

High game: 51 points vs. Edgewood.

Low game: 33 points vs. Brookville.

Stats for Luke so far this season:

 

 

LUKE KENNARD

Personal: 6-6 jr., Franklin H.S.

Points: 40.2

Rebounds: 10.8

Assists: 5.2

Steals: 2.8

High game: 51 points vs. Edgewood.

Low game: 33 points vs. Brookville.

 

Crazy! I hope Cal can get it done, I am almost salivating at the chance of having a backcourt of Ulis, Booker, Newman, Kennard, & Matthews/Vaugn. I mean obviously someone would have to play out on the wing as a three considering Kentucky will fail to have a true 3 but I still like their chances to score the ball (if they can share it).

 

Can't see Booker going after next season, so if Cal can lock up Vaughn this year and Newman and Kennard next year look out. Charles Matthews likely in there as well considering his friendship with Ulis, I just hope it doesn't get too crowded. Going to be a solid team with post guys returning like Dakari (possibly), Towns, Lyles, Lee, and Willis. That's not even mentioning any big they may get in 2015 like Skal or Bragg.

 

Really getting excited for this 2015 team somebody needs to slow me down and tell me to enjoy this season first.

I work with Kennards aunt, it's fun to hear how well he's doing.

  • Author
Crazy! I hope Cal can get it done, I am almost salivating at the chance of having a backcourt of Ulis, Booker, Newman, Kennard, & Matthews/Vaugn. I mean obviously someone would have to play out on the wing as a three considering Kentucky will fail to have a true 3 but I still like their chances to score the ball (if they can share it).

 

Can't see Booker going after next season, so if Cal can lock up Vaughn this year and Newman and Kennard next year look out. Charles Matthews likely in there as well considering his friendship with Ulis, I just hope it doesn't get too crowded. Going to be a solid team with post guys returning like Dakari (possibly), Towns, Lyles, Lee, and Willis. That's not even mentioning any big they may get in 2015 like Skal or Bragg.

 

Really getting excited for this 2015 team somebody needs to slow me down and tell me to enjoy this season first.

 

I work with Kennards aunt, it's fun to hear how well he's doing.

 

I am watching Luke now in the Beachball Classic. He is #10 in the black. Luke has 21 points so far. You can watch it here:

 

HTC Connect | Beach Ball Classic Streaming Video

 

Luke has 25 points at the half.

  • Author

Luke scored 45 points tonight, giving h im tied for 2nd for scoring output in the Beachball tourney. He also had 9 rebound.

Luke scored 45 points tonight' date=' giving h im tied for 2nd for scoring output in the Beachball tourney. He also had 9 rebound.[/quote']

 

Great kid I'm gonna go watch him play in Franklin next week with his aunt and family.

  • Author
Great kid I'm gonna go watch him play in Franklin next week with his aunt and family.

 

He is a great kid. My aunt and Luke's family are very close.Her and my uncle had Mark, Luke's dad in class at Franklin. We are going to watch him when they play in Louisville in Jan. I have been keeping up with him since he was a 8th grader.

I am watching Luke now in the Beachball Classic. He is #10 in the black. Luke has 21 points so far. You can watch it here:

 

HTC Connect | Beach Ball Classic Streaming Video

 

Luke has 25 points at the half.

 

Wow. That's quite an achievement. Clay County played in the Beach Ball Classic a few times IIRC. Anyway, my AP Anatomy teacher in HS was a really good player on one of those teams. He showed us his program from the Beach Ball Classic. There were something like 3-5 NBA players in there, but two of them were Jason Kidd and Rasheed Wallace. The talent at that tournament is just insane.

I am watching Luke now in the Beachball Classic. He is #10 in the black. Luke has 21 points so far. You can watch it here:

 

HTC Connect | Beach Ball Classic Streaming Video

 

Luke has 25 points at the half.

 

Wow. That's quite an achievement to rank as #2 in scoring there. Kid is averaging 40 points a game though, so I guess that getting the scoring record would be par for the course.

 

Clay County played in the Beach Ball Classic a few times IIRC. Anyway, my AP Anatomy teacher in HS was a really good player on one of those teams. He showed us his program from the Beach Ball Classic. There were something like 3-5 NBA players in there, but two of them were Jason Kidd and Rasheed Wallace.

 

The talent at that tournament is just insane.

  • Author

Two of UK’s top basketball recruits in the Class of 2015 will face each other on national television Friday night, 1-3-2014

Las Vegas power forward Stephen Zimmerman and Cleveland power forward Carlton Bragg are scheduled to play at 7 p.m. on ESPNU. The game is part of the Cancer Research Classic in Wheeling, W.Va.

Zimmerman — ranked No. 3 in the junior class by Scout.com — was one of the first players from that class to receive a scholarship offer from UK. He has said in the past that he plans to visit Lexington before making a college decision. Coach John Calipari and UK assistant Orlando Antigua have made separate trips to Las Vegas in recent months to visit with Zimmerman.

Bragg6.jpg

Bragg

Bragg is not among the seven 2015 prospects with a UK scholarship offer, but Calipari and UK assistant John Robic have been to Cleveland several times in the past few weeks to see him practice and play. Scout.com ranks Bragg as the No. 9 overall prospect in the Class of 2015. He has offers from Kansas, Arizona, Louisville, Michigan State, Ohio State and many other top schools.

 

 

Zimmerman vs. Bragg set for ESPNU on Friday night » UK basketball and football recruiting news

 

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 1m

To recap tonight: Luke Kennard 53 points, Trey Lyles 45 points, Tyler Ulis 30 points, Karl Towns 29 points & 21 rebounds. Wow.

What kind of competition has Kennard been playing against ?

He's putting up crazy numbers.

 

I'm not sure I could average 40+ against an average middle school team.

  • Author
What kind of competition has Kennard been playing against ?

He's putting up crazy numbers.

 

I'm not sure I could average 40+ against an average middle school team.

 

Played in the Beach Ball Tourney last week. I watched it online. Had like 45 that game. He is very unselfish with the ball, just not many on his team that are scorers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.