Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2013 Draft: Who's Staying & Going?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 161
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the fact that they call more fouls and have a 24 second shot clock would make Russ an attractive choice for a scoring point who plays great defense coming off the bench. JMO. I'll gladly root for him for one more year, but I think he deserves to get paid. Kid can ball.

I have become a believer now in Russ at the next level. He has proven to me to be an effective distributor of the rock. Heck, I think UL is better when he is at point and Siva is on the bench, but that is for another thread. The NBA is always open for a reserve PG to bring much needed energy and ball pressure. Smith can make a heck of a career of it and I will be a fan.

 

Smith, Dieng, and Harrell will play at the next level from this UL squad.

 

Looking at the list of players declaring you can see why college basketball was worse than normal this year. I am honestly seeing 3-5 guys that may consistently start through their careers coming out for this draft. Think about that. A lot of bench and role players.

If McAdoo leaves after his freshman year he's a top 10 pick. He decided not to because he enjoys school and frankly isn't hurting financially. I'm sure he thought he would also have a better sophomore season but it just didn't happen. Unless you're blind it was extremely obvious that McAdoo is not ready for the NBA and he comes from a family that understands that. Instead of critizing him let's praise him because college basketball would be a hell of a lot better off if everybody had parents like his that understood the NBA isn't going anywhere.

 

 

 

Not critizing JMM but Ole Roy sure knows how to turn them lottery picks after 1 year into non lottery picks doesn't he?

Anyone see a similarity between Bobby Jackson and Russ Smith? Their size and statistics are similar at the college level.

What were his statements?

 

He is a projected first rounder in every mock draft I have seen.

 

"I talked to my family and guys that I really value their opinion, my heart was telling me to leave. I felt like I did what I needed to do here. We might not have had the season that we wanted to have but I think I did enough to where I felt comfortable enough to leave,"
Archie Goodwin Opens Up About His Decision To Leave UK | LEX18.com | Lexington, Kentucky

Well, good luck to Archie at the next level. I feel he's still has a long way to go in improving his game, but maybe someday we'll see him in an NBA uniform. I just don't see it happening in the next few years. Quite a bit of D League imo.

Anyone see a similarity between Bobby Jackson and Russ Smith? Their size and statistics are similar at the college level.

Somewhat. It may be because UL has Smith running the off guard the bulk of the time, but Jackson controlled the entire team. He was a load to deal with, even at the next level.

Has it been announced that Alex Poythress is returning?

 

Archie said he talked a little bit with Alex Poythress and Willie Cauley-Stein, both who decided to return to UK

 

Like a week ago.....

Russ would have to go if they win it all right? Heard Behanan rumors, that can't be true can it?

 

People who think that Russ can't play at the next level are nuts.

Russ will do fine at the next level, his speed and athleticism will get him paid.

Florida's Patric Young will return for his senior season, sources told CBSSports.

 

@GoodmanCBS

Russ would have to go if they win it all right? Heard Behanan rumors, that can't be true can it?

 

People who think that Russ can't play at the next level are nuts.

 

He should be able to stick around but I don't see him being a big time impact player at the next level.

Russ would have to go if they win it all right? Heard Behanan rumors, that can't be true can it?

 

People who think that Russ can't play at the next level are nuts.

 

Anyone who mentions NBA and Behanan to me, I would laugh in their face. Absolutely no chance he goes to the NBA now, or in a year or two. He is a good college player, though GT will disagree with me there. But even I know he has no chance in the NBA.

Behanan is an explosive player, but I think he needs to develop more on the

offensive end. He can get to the rim and dunk, but he needs to work on a jump shot.

 

Dieng has good size, but I dont see him being a good pro player. I've watched alot of

L'villes games this season and it seems as someone is constantly going right around him.

 

I think this might be the best move for Archie, with the weak draft class and recruits coming in

next season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.