Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiltjer to Gonzaga?

Featured Replies

Kyle needs to red shirt and hit the gym to get stronger and get some agility work to get quicker.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching a game of UK's from last season and Wiltjer came off the bench and played some good minutes. About what you would expect from a Freshman. I know he is never going to be super quick, but from my vantage he did not work much on his strength, speed, or quickness during the off season. I could be totally off base with that remark. It could be because he was on the court with 4 other first rounders :lol2:

I was watching a game of UK's from last season and Wiltjer came off the bench and played some good minutes. About what you would expect from a Freshman. I know he is never going to be super quick, but from my vantage he did not work much on his strength, speed, or quickness during the off season. I could be totally off base with that remark. It could be because he was on the court with 4 other first rounders :lol2:

 

With all the talent around him he was getting wide open looks. He had to create his shots this year and it just didn't happen. Needs a lot of work to play on this team next year.

The only advantage for Wiltjer returning to UK would be a shot at another ring. He'll play limited minutes, probably less than he did last season.

A student tweeted yesterday that he overheard Wilt say that he's returning to UK next season. That kid has class with him and their teacher had asked Wilt what he was gonna do.

It just depends if he wants to play more or just be a role player and play about what Hood played this year if that. If he wants to do that then Cal will keep him. But I don't see him playing more that 5 to 7 minutes a game unless its a blowout.

I think Wiltjer is still physically maturing. He is a pretty good offensive player right now. I think he got caught up in the general malaise affeciting the team last year and didn't try as hard as he should have. If he really works hard during the off season, coupled wih developing maturity, he can contribute significantly next year as a seasoned junior. It should be easier next year to put him in situations where he can be successful, including hiding his defensive deficiencies.

I still think the surrounding talent next year will result in a similar role to '11-'12 (spot up shooter that can assist, with no pressure; and less defensive responsibility), which was pretty good as I recall? He's staying!!

The only knock I have on Wilt is like many say he doesn't like to take bumps.

The only knock I have on Wilt is like many say he doesn't like to take bumps.

 

And couldn't guard my Moma either.

And couldn't guard my Moma either.

 

Your momma would beat him in a game of horse.LOL!!

Kyle Wiltjer ‏@kwiltj

 

This summer, I'm going to work hard to come back next season better and stronger to help my team fight for #9!

Details

 

Kyle Wiltjer ‏@kwiltj

 

After talking with coach and the staff I understand what I need to do. I want to be a part of another chip..

Details

Just read those myself. Thought it would be awfully weird to see a kid that contributed as a freshmen on a national championship team leave after his sophomore year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.