Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiltjer to Gonzaga?

Featured Replies

Honestly, I don't think Wiltjer is a fit at Gonzaga. They play fast. Wiltjer isn't fast. As others are saying, scholarship issues will not be the reason why Wiltjer leaves, if he does. His scholarship is safer than Harrow's and Polson's. I like Polson and think he has earned a scholarship but he was brought in as a walk on and Wiltjer was promised his scholarship. So if you decide between those two, Wiltjer keeps his scholarship IMO.

 

Polson is just on scholarship because it has been available.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No scholarship issues. I count 10 scholarship players. Subtract Mays, Beckham, Hood, and Noel. You are down to 6. You could take Polson's and down to 5. The numbers will work itself out.

 

Current:

Hood

Polson

Harrow

Wiltjer

Noel

Goodwin

Cauley-Stein

Poythress

 

Commits:

Randle

Johnson

Lee

Young

Harrison

Harrison

Willis

 

Thats 15 to start. As others have said, Polson is the first off that list. He goes back to walk-on status. So that puts you at 14.

 

Count Noel as gone, and that puts you at 13 which is the limit.

 

Not sure why you're subtracting Hood. He's got one more year of eligibility and he's always been a scholarship guy.

 

I know Cal will make room for Wiggins if he wants to come, but that does mean one more player leaving (to the NBA or transfer).

If he, Hood and Polson want to play next year, they'll leave.

 

If they want to stay and be part of something special, yet not get the clock, then stay.

 

But, right now...none of them will see the court next year with what's returning and because of what's coming in.

 

On the flip side of that, Wiltier was a money ball guy on the National Championship team last year. Hung out around the 3 line, waited for the kick out; then he ripped the nets up when he got a chance. Hood is capable of doing the same thing.

 

Granted, if these new kids can get to the rack, then the need for the above becomes smaller and smaller. If Poythress comes back like he is saying, he might just become the man child that everybody knows he can become.

I believe Harrow and Wilt are gone and add Hawkins, but I don't think Wilt is being forced out.

I was told by a good source about 3 weeks ago that Wiltjer was thinking of going to the west coast. Ironically thats when his game really tapered off. I won't say its for sure going to happen but I firmly believe there is some interest there.

I think Wilt stays, he knows what's in store for him.

I would hate to see Wiltjer leave but if he is more worried about minutes or shots than wins he may need to leave. Harrow on the other hand I will pay for the moving truck if he wants to take his game elsewhere.

I 100% don't think that Cal will force Wiltjer out, but if he decides that something is better for him then I wish him the best. I don't want to see him go, but he'd be nothing more than a 7th man off the bench next year. I hope he stays, but can't blame him for wanting to find something better for him.

I was told by a good source about 3 weeks ago that Wiltjer was thinking of going to the west coast. Ironically thats when his game really tapered off. I won't say its for sure going to happen but I firmly believe there is some interest there.

 

That is a bad source his parents and his girlfriend now live in Lexington and he is not going anywhere!

That is a bad source his parents and his girlfriend now live in Lexington and he is not going anywhere!

 

No it isn't a bad source. He may not want to leave but there was interest there, if nothing else, from the other side. And yes, I know that his dad is looking for a job and his sister wants to play volleyball in this area.

I don't have any issues with him as a role player but he proved he isn't anywhere close to being a guy you can count on as a leader. He's still young but in short bursts he's proven he can be effective. Hopefully he spends more time in the gym this offseason, I don't want to see anymore WBA videos.

No it isn't a bad source. He may not want to leave but there was interest there, if nothing else, from the other side. And yes, I know that his dad is looking for a job and his sister wants to play volleyball in this area.

 

Yep, Gonzaga folks are the ones putting out the "interest". It's a disservice to the guy to run with as saying it "could happen". He'll be back next year.

Heard last night his family just moved to Ky. He has a sister that is 6'-6". No info on where she is going to go but if all this is true then I don't see him leaving UK

Wiltjer needs to transfer to a school that better fits his abilities. He does not fit in Cals system. This year should be proof of that. With next years class coming in he will spend more time on the bench. I will say with this class he may be able to play the way he did last year benefiting from the drives and kick outs. He is a spot shooter. UK has no scholarship worries. I am not convinced that Poythress, Goodin, and definitely Stein are back next year. I dont even think Cal wants them back.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.