Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wiltjer to Gonzaga?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 42
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's rumored that Kyle Wiltjer may be transferring. A heated rumor is he maybe moving back closer to home back to the west coast.

 

 

Kyle Wiltjer to Gonzaga? - Kentucky Wildcats Basketball - Nation of Blue - The Home to UK Fans Worldwide - Nation of Blue

 

Maybe he has been told his scholarship will not be there next year? Seems like there is some pressure to free up some scholarships for the incoming class as well to retain this years bunch that is not quite NBA ready.

This is the part I hate. You recruit a player and then decide well, see you later. And KY does not own the market on this. Happens all over college basketball. See the UCLA roster (or should I say West Coast North Carolina Tar Heel team this year).

This is the part I hate. You recruit a player and then decide well, see you later. And KY does not own the market on this. Happens all over college basketball. See the UCLA roster (or should I say West Coast North Carolina Tar Heel team this year).

 

Who's saying "see you later"? :confused:

Matt Jones stated on KSR yesterday that he didn't believe this would happen.

 

I'm not sure what I think. I'm kind of like gold, in that I'll believe it when I see it. At the same time, I certainly can't see an increase in minutes for Wiltjer. I really like the kid and hope he stays.

Who's saying "see you later"? :confused:

 

IF his scholarship gets cut. Should have been more clear about saying that I hate to see kids in general (not specifically this scenario) lose scholarships after they have been recruited. This is in reference to jolmstead talking about his scholarship not being there for next year.

KY is not telling him to look elsewhere. It would be his choice. A redshirt year would do him some good to build strength, but I think he's better served redshirting and practicing w the talent KY has coming in.

 

No scholarship issues. I count 10 scholarship players. Subtract Mays, Beckham, Hood, and Noel. You are down to 6. You could take Polson's and down to 5. The numbers will work itself out.

IF his scholarship gets cut. Should have been more clear about saying that I hate to see kids in general (not specifically this scenario) lose scholarships after they have been recruited. This is in reference to jolmstead talking about his scholarship not being there for next year.

 

Still room for him and to add Wiggins.

For now I am just chalking this up to convenient speculation because of where he is from. UK is loaded in the front court next season and people are questioning how much he will play; thus, the rumor has evolved.

KY is not telling him to look elsewhere. It would be his choice. A redshirt year would do him some good to build strength, but I think he's better served redshirting and practicing w the talent KY has coming in.

 

No scholarship issues. I count 10 scholarship players. Subtract Mays, Beckham, Hood, and Noel. You are down to 6. You could take Polson's and down to 5. The numbers will work itself out.

 

:thumb:

KY is not telling him to look elsewhere. It would be his choice. A redshirt year would do him some good to build strength, but I think he's better served redshirting and practicing w the talent KY has coming in.

 

No scholarship issues. I count 10 scholarship players. Subtract Mays, Beckham, Hood, and Noel. You are down to 6. You could take Polson's and down to 5. The numbers will work itself out.

I could see a redshirt possibility. Talk about putting a guy in a pickle.

I like Wiltjer his scholly is not at risk, but at some point his slowness and lack of athleticism hurts him. How can he even keep up with anyone in practice next year?

I like Wiltjer his scholly is not at risk, but at some point his slowness and lack of athleticism hurts him. How can he even keep up with anyone in practice next year?

 

Hopefully they will make him better.

Honestly, I don't think Wiltjer is a fit at Gonzaga. They play fast. Wiltjer isn't fast. As others are saying, scholarship issues will not be the reason why Wiltjer leaves, if he does. His scholarship is safer than Harrow's and Polson's. I like Polson and think he has earned a scholarship but he was brought in as a walk on and Wiltjer was promised his scholarship. So if you decide between those two, Wiltjer keeps his scholarship IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.