March 18, 201313 yr It's so much more fun when you guys are good and then lose. When you guys suck you guys are no fun. I almost feel sorry for you then I remember that Duke beat you guys when you still had a glimmer of hope for the year and then I start laughing. :lol2::thumb:
March 18, 201313 yr Debating whether I want to request a media credential or not. 6-hour drive...will be a unique experience, but I'm not sure.
March 18, 201313 yr Debating whether I want to request a media credential or not. 6-hour drive...will be a unique experience, but I'm not sure. How would that drive back be if they lose? That may make up your mind.
March 18, 201313 yr How would that drive back be if they lose? That may make up your mind. I'm normally all about a unique experience no matter how things turn out but I'm on the bubble (no pun intended) on this one.
March 18, 201313 yr The Robert Morris gym had only one level (plus-the Ram sausage dogs are delicious ). Raceland concessions are second to none. Their food is AWESOME!!
March 18, 201313 yr If I can snag a ticket, I'm definitely making the drive just for the environment.
March 18, 201313 yr Author Gold, I want to see the look on the peoples face when they hear the ticket request from Big Blue Nation :scared:. Raceland-Worthington High School has a fairly new facility and everyone/team that has been there like it. I feel certain that it will seat more. Plus, they showed a pic/video of the gym they play in and it looked like one level and all seating was bleacher style. Raceland's gym has seats with backs on all the lower level plus the roll out type bleachers on the 2nd level. The Robert Morris gym had only one level (plus-the Ram sausage dogs are delicious ). I really don't see alot going. Small gym, NIT. I may be wrong.....we will see.
March 18, 201313 yr On a side note Coach Cal grew up blocks away from Robert Morris according to a sports analyst................
March 18, 201313 yr Author On a side note Coach Cal grew up blocks away from Robert Morris according to a sports analyst................ Ten things to know about Robert Morris Posted on March 17, 2013 10:30 pm by John Clay Ten things to know about UK's first NIT opponent, Robert Morris. 1. Tuesday's game will be played at Sewall Center, which is located in Moon Township, a suburb of Pittsburgh. UK coach John Calipari was born in Moon Township. 2. Robert Morris went 23-10 overall and 14-4 in the Northeast Conference in the regular season. 3. The Colonials are ranked No. 124 in the RPI and No. 141 by Ken Pomeroy. 4. Robert Morris lost 69-61 to Mount St. Mary's in the conference tournament semifinals. 5. LIU-Brooklyn, which won the Northeast Conference tournament, lost to Kentucky 104-75 at Rupp Arena. 6. Robert Morris lost 61-59 at Xavier on November 17 and 79-74 at Arkansas on December 20. 7. Head coach Andrew Toole is just 32 years old and was associate head coach under Mike Rice at RMU before Rice left three years ago to become head coach at Rutgers. 8. Robert Morris last played in the NCAA Tournament in 2010, losing to No. 2 seed Villanova 73-70 in overtime in the first round. 9. One of RMU's top players, Velton Jones, made just two of 17 shots in the team's conference tournament loss. 10. During the regular season, RMU got 36.5 percent of its points via three-pointers, but made just five of 19 in tourney loss to Mount St. Mary's. http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2013/03/17/ten-things-to-know-about-robert-morris/#
March 18, 201313 yr Robert Morris had loses to Savannah State, Bryant, St. Francis Brooklyn, and Quinnipac (to name a few). I hate to "nitpick" but I think Kentucky can win this one.
March 18, 201313 yr For reasons I don't understand, I think you play elsewhere if your place is booked. In Dayton's last two trips to the NIT, they couldn't play their first round game at home due to UD Arena being the host of the NCAA Opening Round games. The Flyers opened up the tournament on the road despite being the higher seed. I don't know why they couldn't or were otherwise unable to play at the Nutter Center. I could be completely wrong on the reasoning, but that's what happened to UD. I was told that a NCAA host city is not allowed to host an NIT game the same week. I guess the NCAA thinks casual fans won't pay to go to the NCAA games and their team's game. I don't know if that's the whole truth, just what I was told.
March 18, 201313 yr @UKCoachCalipari this team needs to prove it wants to continue to play before our fans pay for tickets.
March 19, 201313 yr It has been easy to be a Kentucky fan over the past three seasons. The band wagon was full-up last year. I'm not so sure that qualifying for the NCAA tournament and getting drubbed in a first round (or play-in) game would be any worse than making a run in the NIT. There are worse things on TV than watching the CATS play in Madison Square Garden. Another attempt at some level of redemption.
March 19, 201313 yr It has been easy to be a Kentucky fan over the past three seasons. The band wagon was full-up last year. I'm not so sure that qualifying for the NCAA tournament and getting drubbed in a first round (or play-in) game would be any worse than making a run in the NIT. There are worse things on TV than watching the CATS play in Madison Square Garden. Another attempt at some level of redemption. Agree 100%
March 19, 201313 yr Whay exactly happened with Xavier and why are they not in any post season tourney?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.