Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Hated College Basketball Player of the Last 30 Years

Featured Replies

'Cause he whipped UK in the tourney and then poked fun of them.

All of Hatz is like that (beat UK) except for Dale Brown who all I remember him for is choking away huge leads.

 

Interesting. How did he poke fun?

  • Replies 63
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'Cause he whipped UK in the tourney and then poked fun of them.

All of Hatz is like that (beat UK) except for Dale Brown who all I remember him for is choking away huge leads.

 

Actually Kent Benson lost to UK in the NCAA in '75 and again in the season of '77. No sour grapes there. He was a thug who elbowed and pushed his way to prominence. Bill Laimbeer without a shot.

 

Ernie Grunfeld, 1976. Took four free throws from lesser shooters in the game vs. UK. Film showed him talk to the individuals fouled and then he went to the line and took the Free Throws, hitting all 4. UK lost in OT by 2 or 4, I forget which. He stretched rules every chance he got in the way he played. For all his success vs. KY - the Vols never made it past the first round in the NCAA those seasons.

 

Michael Graham was a thug. He was the enforcer for the Hoyas and a constant instigator of the physical play/rough-house tactics in their '84 run. It wasn't just UK. Ask any fan of Syracuse or St Johns in that era and they would say the same. He was gone after that one year.

 

Anyone who watched Rasheed Wallace in College or the Pros knows why he would be disliked. Pure punk. As great as his talent was, his stupid antics cost the Heels just as much. The foul on Riddick and subsequent scrum was something every ACC watcher had been accustomed to.

 

Corey Beck was punk IMO who was blessed to be surrounded by talented players that made him look better. He constantly mouthed and when he was beaten he couldn't acknowledge it. I remember in '93 the Cats beat the Hogs in the SEC tourney and he talked about how "We almost had them." Then when the Hogs folded in the '95 SEC Tourney he boldly decried the loss, "Everybody knows we're better than KY." For the record Beck was about break even vs. the Cats.

 

 

 

Dale Brown was a horse's arse when LSU was a mediocre program. But how do you count the ways:

 

*1976 he gets ticked at the officiating and offers his coat to the referee. After being "T-ed" up he threw his coat on the KY State outline at Center Court.

 

*1978 he calls UK brutal and rough. When asked his team was "pure" he asked the reporter if he ever masturbated before.

 

*1979 LSU wins the SEC for the first time in his career. Calls timeout vs. Alabama with seconds left and a comfortable lead so he could Unveil the SEC Championship Banner.

 

*1992 Shaq is DQ'ed in the SEC tourney and Brown runs onto the court and shoves a TN player. At the presser he denies he ever did such a thing, even with video evidence showing the contrary.

 

I picked a list over the players I saw play. Never had a problem with Laettner. Even after the shot or the stomp. If it was about just players that beat KY I'd hate: 1) John Kuester, UNC, 1977 NCAA Four Corner guy 2) Bernard King, UT 3) Johakim Noah, Florida 4) Patrick Ewing, Georgetown 5) Dwayne Wade, Marquette :thumb:

Interesting. How did he poke fun?

 

He talked a lot of trash when UK fell apart in the 2nd half. Wasn't really talking it in the First Half when KY was up by 12. Sports Illustrated did a great article once on "Trash Talking" and Bret Bearup offered some antedotes that included one of Michael Graham in that game but I can't recall the story now.

 

My problem was his demeanor was better suited for a MLB in the NFL than on the Basketball Court.

Honestly being hated by everyone is one of the main reasons I love being a Duke fan.

Is Diego Garcia in the tournament? He is the only college player I can think of who really irritated me.

6th man Matt Walsh, UF.

 

Good call. I had forgotten about him. Never could stand him even though he had a horrible record vs. UK.

Good call. I had forgotten about him. Never could stand him even though he had a horrible record vs. UK.

Other than having bad hair and getting dominated often times, he was never that bad to me. I can't remember acting like a punk but I could be mistaken.

I think a good question to me......who is YOUR least favorite player (hate would be a stretch), on YOUR favorite team?

 

* - William Avery

* - Corey Maggette

I ll throw my most hated 5 out .

Christian Laetner

Michael Graham

Ron Slay

Latrell Spreewell

I would almost have to put Henderson from Ole Miss this season (pure Punk is putting it nicely .)

I think a good question to me......who is YOUR least favorite player (hate would be a stretch), on YOUR favorite team?

 

* - William Avery

* - Corey Maggette

 

Josh McRoberts. Done.

I think a good question to me......who is YOUR least favorite player (hate would be a stretch), on YOUR favorite team?

 

* - William Avery

* - Corey Maggette

Tie here also Gimel Martinez and Saul Smith

Josh McRoberts. Done.
He could've been legendary.....lol
Tie here also Gimel Martinez and Saul Smith

Carruth, Jason Parker

Diego Guevara fom Charlotte.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.