Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

22ft Academy?

Featured Replies

My contention is what if they are trying to do the right thing? I understand the connection with international basketball. But why rake Wireman over the coals like he's hiding something? Is it not possible that these folks are trying to do the best by these kids. As for Huntington Prep, do you think it's always been smooth sailing for them? I can tell you first hand that there have been tough decisions with regard to their educations. I also understand with the history of WV Prep and that debacle also comes skepticism. But I don't know what "timely" means for some. Perhaps those answers aren't as easy as picking up a phone or via text. And maybe this outfit is another WV Prep.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My contention is what if they are trying to do the right thing? I understand the connection with international basketball. But why rake Wireman over the coals like he's hiding something? Is it not possible that these folks are trying to do the best by these kids. As for Huntington Prep, do you think it's always been smooth sailing for them? I can tell you first hand that there have been tough decisions with regard to their educations. I also understand with the history of WV Prep and that debacle also comes skepticism. But I don't know what "timely" means for some. Perhaps those answers aren't as easy as picking up a phone or via text. And maybe this outfit is another WV Prep.

 

I"ll be honest, March is just a very busy month for me. But, I'm heading over to Jackson tomorrow night and I plan to speak with Coach Schmidt after the game. I'm not involved with 22 Feet Academy other than having a relationship with the coach and doing anything I can to help out his kids.

Not according to my sources, and the kids are still being told they will soon be attend Wolfe.
Why are you so mad?
  • Author
Why are you so mad?

 

I am not. But I, along with others are concerned about these kids. Parents and players being lied to, and they start out at Scott Co, then move to Breathitt Co, withdrew from Breathitt Co and being told they will soon be going to Wolfe Co and end up at Oakdale. If you were a parent and were told they would attend a school half a world a way, and then your kid is attending a new school wouldn't you want to know why they moved schools? And in this case they moved at least twice.

 

I have international kids asking me about this place, as they and their parents are not getting the answers to simple questions. I would love to have something like Huntington Prep in the area, but this smells too much like WV Prep, and they are not doing anything about the smell. But, it doesn't matter now, they soon will be responding to a higher power.

I am not. But I, along with others are concerned about these kids. Parents and players being lied to, and they start out at Scott Co, then move to Breathitt Co, withdrew from Breathitt Co and being told they will soon be going to Wolfe Co and end up at Oakdale. If you were a parent and were told they would attend a school half a world a way, and then your kid is attending a new school wouldn't you want to know why they moved schools? And in this case they moved at least twice.

 

I have international kids asking me about this place, as they and their parents are not getting the answers to simple questions. I would love to have something like Huntington Prep in the area, but this smells too much like WV Prep, and they are not doing anything about the smell. But, it doesn't matter now, they soon will be responding to a higher power.

 

Can you explain?

I'm going to watch them Friday night in Jackson. Perhaps you guys should come out and check them out, talk to the coach.

 

I"m going to work on my interview after the game. So we'll go from there :thumb:

 

Well, you got anything?

Well, you got anything?

 

Yes, Alabama associate head coach Dan Hipsher was there to watch 2013 star MiKyle McIntosh last night:

 

alabama with mcintosh.jpg

I am not. But I, along with others are concerned about these kids. Parents and players being lied to, and they start out at Scott Co, then move to Breathitt Co, withdrew from Breathitt Co and being told they will soon be going to Wolfe Co and end up at Oakdale. If you were a parent and were told they would attend a school half a world a way, and then your kid is attending a new school wouldn't you want to know why they moved schools? And in this case they moved at least twice.

 

I have international kids asking me about this place, as they and their parents are not getting the answers to simple questions. I would love to have something like Huntington Prep in the area, but this smells too much like WV Prep, and they are not doing anything about the smell. But, it doesn't matter now, they soon will be responding to a higher power.

 

 

Maybe it's just me but if I send my kid halfway around the world to pursue a future in basketball and I stay home then I get what I deserve. I wouldn't let my kid go to Paul Dunbar without me being in Lexington let alone halfway across the world.

Maybe it's just me but if I send my kid halfway around the world to pursue a future in basketball and I stay home then I get what I deserve. I wouldn't let my kid go to Paul Dunbar without me being in Lexington let alone halfway across the world.

 

Totally different PP. I know Hanner Perea that plays at IU. He has been in the states since his 8th grade year. When he got here he spoke little to no English. He is getting the opportunity to get a college education by playing basketball. Something he couldn't do back in his home country. Peter J for IU the same way.

 

Now you know how much of a protective parent I am and I know where you are coming from. But my guess is these kids and their parents are only seeking a better education and opportunity for their sons. Usually this is through sports, in this case b-ball. Coming with them just isn't a option. Instead it is a sacrifice they are making. A huge one at that.

While it is nice to know that these boys are getting serious looks from colleges and may have the opportunity to get an education, there has still been no answers to any of the questions posed in this thread regarding this "academy". I too can not imagine sending my kid off to another country, however I don't think we can judge a parent for doing so when we have no idea of their circumstances. I agree with GS that some of these parents are making a huge sacrifice and are trying to give their sons a better life. That is why I feel so strongly that someone should be making sure that these kids are being taken care of and getting what they need both on and off the court.

Yes, Alabama associate head coach Dan Hipsher was there to watch 2013 star MiKyle McIntosh last night:

 

Lets face it folks, Wireman has no desire nor intentions of answering any of the questions posted in this thread and you can see by his response in this post, that Honestly and truthful Wireman is just pulling our chains. He has no desire nor will he answer any of the questions asked of 22 ft as I am guessing he and they don't want the truth of what is really going on to be known!

 

Again I ask the mods to close the thread, as it has just come to a point that this is just a advertisement thread for 22 ft Academy!

Lets face it folks, Wireman has no desire nor intentions of answering any of the questions posted in this thread and you can see by his response in this post, that Honestly and truthful Wireman is just pulling our chains. He has no desire nor will he answer any of the questions asked of 22 ft as I am guessing he and they don't want the truth of what is really going on to be known!

 

Again I ask the mods to close the thread, as it has just come to a point that this is just a advertisement thread for 22 ft Academy!

 

OR, it's possible that today was Wireman's daughter's 9th birthday party and then his grandmother collapsed and was rushed to the Saint Joseph ER and later admitted.

 

Chill out bro.

OR, it's possible that today was Wireman's daughter's 9th birthday party and then his grandmother collapsed and was rushed to the Saint Joseph ER and later admitted.

 

Chill out bro.

 

Why has this becomes Wireman's responsibility anyway? If you want to know that bad find out for yourself.

Lets face it folks, Wireman has no desire nor intentions of answering any of the questions posted in this thread and you can see by his response in this post, that Honestly and truthful Wireman is just pulling our chains. He has no desire nor will he answer any of the questions asked of 22 ft as I am guessing he and they don't want the truth of what is really going on to be known!

 

Again I ask the mods to close the thread, as it has just come to a point that this is just a advertisement thread for 22 ft Academy!

 

Wireman didn't even start the thread and how is it an advertisement? They aren't asking for players in this thread. I'm glad you aren't a mod. I'd hate to have to follow YOUR rules.

Totally different PP. I know Hanner Perea that plays at IU. He has been in the states since his 8th grade year. When he got here he spoke little to no English. He is getting the opportunity to get a college education by playing basketball. Something he couldn't do back in his home country. Peter J for IU the same way.

 

Now you know how much of a protective parent I am and I know where you are coming from. But my guess is these kids and their parents are only seeking a better education and opportunity for their sons. Usually this is through sports, in this case b-ball. Coming with them just isn't a option. Instead it is a sacrifice they are making. A huge one at that.

 

Good point. And being in the states and knowing just how shady the basketball world can be I guess my perspective has a lot less naïveté that the parents across the world may have. It's much easier for me to see what they have no way of seeing or knowing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.