22ft Academy?

BBW, no one is getting on 22ft, it's just we have seen others like them who don't do things the correct way, not saying 22ft is in that boat, which is why all the questions being asked. A few of us personally know of others who were happy with the way others treated incoming players. I had to make some calls to find out about the coach, all good I might add, but most don't know a thing about him, besides Wireman meeting him.

Maybe one day I'll head down and see what they are all about.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BBW, no one is getting on 22ft, it's just we have seen others like them who don't do things the correct way, not saying 22ft is in that boat, which is why all the questions being asked. A few of us personally know of others who were happy with the way others treated incoming players. I had to make some calls to find out about the coach, all good I might add, but most don't know a thing about him, besides Wireman meeting him.

Maybe one day I'll head down and see what they are all about.

I would recommend going to Jackson to watch them tomorrow night. Orlando Antigua might be there to watch McIntosh.

The kids play tonight in oakdale. I think alot of whats been discussed needs to be looked at. These kids are not the problem, its the khsaa and kde who seem to be kicking up a stink.

Its a shame they are drawing negative press as they just want to get an education and play ball

The kids play tonight in oakdale. I think alot of whats been discussed needs to be looked at. These kids are not the problem, its the khsaa and kde who seem to be kicking up a stink.

Its a shame they are drawing negative press as they just want to get an education and play ball

These poor orphans just want an education and a chance to play a little ball.

The Oakdale gym is small. I'm not sure they even have a regulation size floor. Oakdale used to be in the KHSAA back in the '60's because our high school played them a couple of time a year. It's a Christian based school.

It is a small gym so go early if you go. They have maybe 4-5 rows of bleachers on one side of the court.

Could you explain about the KHSAA and KDE issues?

Theoldguy, different state high school athletic organizations have different rules. For instance, I coach an independent, non-association based varsity high school team out of my church. We have a high school sized gym, and we play as many as 30+games a year, mostly against teams from the two KY Christian confrences (KCAA and KCSAA) as well as other independents. However, we also have played tournaments in IN and OH against public teams from those states. Those two states have far different rules on who they are allowed to play, as well as different rules governing other aspects of the game as well. For instance, middle schoolers are not allowed to play varsity level basketball in Indiana, no matter how good the kid might be or how small the school is. To top that off, the kids varsity clock as far as eligibility is concerned starts ticking when he enters 7th grade, yet they can't play till they are freshman. Crazy huh? Had an IN varsity coach explain that one to me during a holiday tournament we played in over there this season. So not always comparing apples to apples when talking about different hs athletic associations.

Ok they aren't a prep school but I still wonder where do they live? I assume their parents are not with them so do they have guardians? Do they pay tuition at BCHS? Seems very odd.
Staying at the Jackson Inn....playing in Lees College gym....paying a very large sum of tuition to attend Breathitt County High School...

From 22ft's horrible website: "The coaching staff at the academy will encompass a head coach who has coached at the NBA level. He has also coached at the FIBA level for the past twelve years. He has implemented successful basketball programs in Europe and the NCAA."

Who are the coaches? Why no names? Who is this glorified NBA coach? What colleges did he "implement successful basketball programs?" Making these claims and names? The Euro site shows nice dorms, is this why there is no website for the KY team? Don't want to show motel rooms?