Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

22ft Academy?

Featured Replies

  • Author
from what i have heard they have a good reputation for putting solid teams and prgrams together. they are organised and come with a large talent pool. got to speak to the ucla coach visiting and the morehead coach who was telling us that they are a new type of prep team. they are more a training institute whereby they get the players to go to school and do hard core training and advanced programs. its an elevated european program that crams basketball into players to quicken development. i saw a practice and some of the things these kids are doing is really high grade and NBA level. the coaches are hard on the kids and get the best out of them.....i was impressed that they could go that long.

 

they seem to have a pool of players that extends back as they got a 7ft 1 dutch kid coming and a 7ft 2 italian. the italian kid is just 17 and plays the 4 spot. it seems the guys at 22ft are open to talking as they want to develop regional centres in the usa.

 

Ok, I have to ask, as it is screaming to be asked. Well, I'll just put it this way, you must be associated with the team, Care to give us more details?

Edited by SportsGuy41017

  • Replies 135
  • Views 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I have to ask, as it is screaming to be asked. Well, I'll just put it this way, you must be associated with the team, Care to give us more details?

They have called many Independent schools in the state of Kentucky to play them. Some up North and South. I believe something fell through for alot of these boys and they were attending SC for school so they started playing there own schedule. There is a school in Tampa Florida called Tampa Bay International Academy who does a similar thing. They actually have a website. But yes the Scott County thing fell through.

  • Author
They have called many Independent schools in the state of Kentucky to play them. Some up North and South. I believe something fell through for alot of these boys and they were attending SC for school so they started playing there own schedule. There is a school in Tampa Florida called Tampa Bay International Academy who does a similar thing. They actually have a website. But yes the Scott County thing fell through.
Although I do not agree with it, I KY has a rule where all KHSAA schools cannot play a team that is not in the state Association in the state where the team is located. Since I don't think they belong to the KHSAA playing 22ft Academy would be a violation.

 

No offense to Jackson Co, but why locate the team there? One would figure a larger city, close to airports or major roadways to go to all of their away games, as well as make it easier for other teams from other states to play them.

Although I do not agree with it, I KY has a rule where all KHSAA schools cannot play a team that is not in the state Association in the state where the team is located. Since I don't think they belong to the KHSAA playing 22ft Academy would be a violation.

 

No offense to Jackson Co, but why locate the team there? One would figure a larger city, close to airports or major roadways to go to all of their away games, as well as make it easier for other teams from other states to play them.

 

 

^ It is actually in Breathitt Co, city of Jackson. However, I understand what you are staying bout locating in a small city like Jackson.

^ It is actually in Breathitt Co, city of Jackson. However, I understand what you are staying bout locating in a small city like Jackson.

 

I believe certain school systems have rules that allow such a program in their system and Breathitt County happened to be one of those places.

I get a very bad feeling about this. What kind of education are these boys getting? Why were they asked to leave Scott Co and Breathitt Co? Where are they living and who is paying for this? According to previous post, the coach is hard on them and gets the most out of them and evidently they practice many hours. Is anyone looking out for the players best interest? I have personal knowledge of some very very bad situations at prep "schools" and am very leary of them.

I get a very bad feeling about this. What kind of education are these boys getting? Why were they asked to leave Scott Co and Breathitt Co? Where are they living and who is paying for this? According to previous post, the coach is hard on them and gets the most out of them and evidently they practice many hours. Is anyone looking out for the players best interest? I have personal knowledge of some very very bad situations at prep "schools" and am very leary of them.

 

They are still attending classes at Breathitt County High School as far I know.

 

Also, they aren't a prep school. They are a club team (basketball academy) that still has amateur standing.

 

Ergas is still considered a high school sophomore (class of 2015), etc.

So this team is for kids that can't play HS ball due to eligibility issues so they are playing on a winter AAU team?

They are still attending classes at Breathitt County High School as far I know.

 

Also, they aren't a prep school. They are a club team (basketball academy) that still has amateur standing.

 

Ergas is still considered a high school sophomore (class of 2015), etc.

 

Ok they aren't a prep school but I still wonder where do they live? I assume their parents are not with them so do they have guardians? Do they pay tuition at BCHS? Seems very odd.

Sorry to disappoint but not attached to 22ft...:) but know them and took a bit of time to visit jackson and make calls. They picked jackson as the school has the right paperwork for them to attend and its far away from the outside world. It allows the kids to focus on playing ball getting an education.

 

So sorry to disappoint on the screaming question but feel free to ask and if i can help i will answer the questions i know

Yo mama.....instead of judging come down to jackson like the rest of us have done. Dont judge a book by its cover .i took the time to see these kids and what they have been through is a scarey story but these guys are now in good hands.....seen it first hand. I am not a fan of prep teams as most are in nc and dont educate or prepare the kids. 22ft does. They are all high school kids and studying which again is the point for being at a school. I heard NC is coming monday as is tennessee, davidson winston salem on monday as they play at a small gym in oakdale. Big rumour that louisville are planning a visit.....when will UK come....the place will be packed lol

  • Author

Care to explain the "scary" story part? Feel free to message me if you don't want it all open for hte public to see.

  • Author

I am involved with many Euro players as well, and I HATE how some people use them, lie to them, and leave them out in the cold at times, (such as WV Prep last year).

 

I also know about some of the tactics that "some" prep schools use to get them over here! Had one player from Serbia who came over to NC, towards the end of his first year there he and his friends called me for help, and he wanted to find another school. Well, the prep school didn't even have a transcript for him! Here they just had him sit in classes and he did not take one test, yet he was able to play the entire year? That school and coach screwed him beyond belief! There is one Euro in VA who wants out of his school, they keep lying to him, his parents and host family, he wants to find another school, somewhere, anywhere, for next year. So yeah, I know about some of the rough times they go through.

Yo mama.....instead of judging come down to jackson like the rest of us have done. Dont judge a book by its cover .i took the time to see these kids and what they have been through is a scarey story but these guys are now in good hands.....seen it first hand. I am not a fan of prep teams as most are in nc and dont educate or prepare the kids. 22ft does. They are all high school kids and studying which again is the point for being at a school. I heard NC is coming monday as is tennessee, davidson winston salem on monday as they play at a small gym in oakdale. Big rumour that louisville are planning a visit.....when will UK come....the place will be packed lol

 

 

I am not judging at all. Don't have enough info to judge. I am curious and a little concerned about the kids based on things I have seen happen to other international players. In my opinion it is a positve that they are attending a public school and are getting educated. I hope you are right and they are in good hands. Time will tell.

I believe certain school systems have rules that allow such a program in their system and Breathitt County happened to be one of those places.

 

Does the school system, get reimbursed out of the Commonwealth tax funds for the cost of educating these non residents?

 

How do they play anywhere if not a member of a high school association? Meaning from what I know, if you aren't a member, a member can't play you, or play in a tourney where a non member is playing? How does the second best HS in the State of Ohio who I can only assume plays under the OHSAA rules, play a team who doesn't belong to the KHSAA.

 

Me thinks the smell coming out of Breathitt is rather strong!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.