22ft Academy?

Why has this becomes Wireman's responsibility anyway? If you want to know that bad find out for yourself.

It is in no way his responsibility but he did tell us all more than once that he would get us some answers and for whatever reason or reasons that has yet to happen.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I drove by Oakdale Christian yesterday on my way to Jackson and noticed that they have expanded their campus quite a bit. They've added several new facilities, maybe dormitories. I wonder if they may someday get back into the KHSAA as a member school? They were last a member in the late 1960's, I believe. Talk about a powerhouse, if they chose to bring in basketball talent. They have the setup to do it. I'm sure there's numerous talented Christian athletes around the U.S. that could be enticed to attend there.

I'm sure that's not their main priority. Just saying...

I drove by Oakdale Christian yesterday on my way to Jackson and noticed that they have expanded their campus quite a bit. They've added several new facilities, maybe dormitories. I wonder if they may someday get back into the KHSAA as a member school? They were last a member in the late 1960's, I believe. Talk about a powerhouse, if they chose to bring in basketball talent. They have the setup to do it. I'm sure there's numerous talented Christian athletes around the U.S. that could be enticed to attend there.

I'm sure that's not their main priority. Just saying...

We played them when I was in high school. I graduated in 1970 and they were then.

Yeah, that's right around the time they got out of their KHSAA membership. We used to open up with them most years. Their school is about 20 miles from ours.

Do they still have the old "airplane hanger" gym with the concrete floors? I will never forget those floors.

Do they still have the old "airplane hanger" gym with the concrete floors? I will never

forget those floors.

I don't know for sure. Maybe Wireman may know. I think he's been there recently. It does appear they have several additional buildings on the campus.

Riverside Christian, which is also in Breathitt County, also use to have a concrete floor in their gym. But I think they have some type of rubberized floor now. I think water gets up in their gym during floods which meant they couldn't have wood floors.

I don't know for sure. Maybe Wireman may know. I think he's been there recently. It does appear they have several additional buildings on the campus.

Riverside Christian, which is also in Breathitt County, also use to have a concrete floor in their gym. But I think they have some type of rubberized floor now. I think water gets up in their gym during floods which meant they couldn't have wood floors.

They have a small gym on their campus. It isn't concrete floors. It looks like wood but it isn't real wood. Not sure what that material is exactly..

• 3 weeks later...

I found a Facebook page for 22 foot academy that had a link to a local TV news report. The report was pretty much just fluff and didn't answer any of my questions. I would still like to know more about them.

I have a question if anyone could answer. The 22 feet academy is playing in an aau type tournament at the KBA. It is not sanctioned so it does not apply here, but will they be able to play in say the aau state tournament which is sanctioned? I know the aau and ncaa events have limits on the number of cross boundry athletes and go as far as to say that the states must be adjoining. How does that apply to out of the country athletes who may be from several different countries.