Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas A&M 83 Kentucky 71

Featured Replies

Wiltjer is the most disappointing. I kept thing to myself "he'll pull up and knock down a big shot right here..."

 

Unfortunately, not only did he not make a big shot, he didn't even ATTEMPT a big shot. Hard to play that kid if he doesn't try to score.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Big East is accepting new teams! :D

 

At this point, I don't know if this UK team could compete in the A10.

 

Too many selfish players. Noel is the only "winner" on this team. He's the only one out there that looks like he cares. Poythress, Goodwin, Mays and Wiltjer need to rethink what their role is. I'm fine with Cal benching Poythress and Wiltjer for the entire next game. Archie putting his head down and driving to the basket out of control is getting really old.

 

I have no confidence that this team will have a "NCAA Tournament Worthy" resume but I still think they get in because they are the defending champs and they wear the Kentucky jersey. At the end of the year I see this team with 12 or more in the loss column.

Hard to believe that a team with four NBA first rounders can't play better than this.

In reality they don't have 4 first rounders IMO. Noel and that's it. Oh, they'll probably go first round due to a so called "weak draft". But I predict years of D League for everyone other than Noel.

So are UK fans more disappointed in Calipari the Recuiter, who picked these pieces and recruited no depth or in Cal the Coach who can't seem to make his pieces fit?

Wiltjer is the most disappointing. I kept thing to myself "he'll pull up and knock down a big shot right here..."

 

Unfortunately, not only did he not make a big shot, he didn't even ATTEMPT a big shot. Hard to play that kid if he doesn't try to score.

 

They need to set him up shots within the offense, his teammates often do not get him the ball where he can catch and shoot. If he is going to play, and he really has to for UK to be effective against the zone, they have to get him 10-12 shots minimum per game. Since Noel and Stein seem to be the best passers on the team, maybe some inside-outside passing may be the key.

So are UK fans more disappointed in Calipari the Recuiter, who picked these pieces and recruited no depth or in Cal the Coach who can't seem to make his pieces fit?

 

Not upset with Cal at all. He's proven his "system" works. The players have not bought in for whatever reason.

I was in attendance when the Admiral dropped 45. I think this one was better.

 

I attended the Crispin brothers show in 2000 when they lit up UK.

So are UK fans more disappointed in Calipari the Recuiter, who picked these pieces and recruited no depth or in Cal the Coach who can't seem to make his pieces fit?

 

I don't know of any UK fans that are disappointed with Cal. Three out of four years teams were good. Granted it took year two until the end of the season. Most UK fans I know and encounter just say this is a bad team, no one is acting crazy like we have been labeled like. I'm starting to actually detect non UK fans getting upset because UK fans just agree with them that this team is bad and I'm talking about in my circle not BGP.

So are UK fans more disappointed in Calipari the Recuiter, who picked these pieces and recruited no depth or in Cal the Coach who can't seem to make his pieces fit?

 

As I have said before there is one simple flaw in the one and done, rebuild the team every year style and that is a bad recruiting class as a whole. There just wasn't the type of talent in this class to keep the ball rolling, and it is magnified with everyone leaving from the title team. Getting Shabazz or Anthony Bennett might have made things a little different, but overall the talent in the 2012 was way down and building a title contender with any 5 guys was near impossible in this class. Next year, different story...

I heard that Sandy Bell told Cal to back off Anthony Bennett due to academic concerns.

I heard that Sandy Bell told Cal to back off Anthony Bennett due to academic concerns.

 

That whole situation was a mess. Just saying those two guys are the only ones that might have improved the situation UK is in with this class...

 

As I have said before there is one simple flaw in the one and done, rebuild the team every year style and that is a bad recruiting class as a whole. There just wasn't the type of talent in this class to keep the ball rolling, and it is magnified with everyone leaving from the title team. Getting Shabazz or Anthony Bennett might have made things a little different, but overall the talent in the 2012 was way down and building a title contender with any 5 guys was near impossible in this class. Next year, different story...

 

Nailed it.... Cal misses Shabazz and it hurts. Sure we're spoiled but in his system that kinda miss hurts.

Turner put on a show yesterday, but did anyone else notice that he only hit 2 shots all day going to his left. He hit 1 floater in the lane that was awkward going to his left and one other shot were he dribbled with his left hand before shooting. Everything else is a jumper going right or a catch in shoot! Can't someone make him put it on the floor and go left one time??? Drives me nuts that i can see that during the game and they can't!!!

I think if you go back and look at the threads in year two, you will see similar comments. That team went to the Final Four after gelling late. Patience!!!

 

"I just want to thank God, man..." - Elston Turner

 

Always refreshing to hear a kid thank the right folks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.