Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys Top 20 (1-10-13)

Featured Replies

Did you guys know that Butler just got beat by Doss and they are still ranked 7?

  • Replies 87
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I have no idea. Only giving my opinion. Really Holmes has overachieved to date. I don't think even Walter thought they'd play quite as well as they have. Personally I've seen most of the teams in the top 20. I haven't seen Holmes. I have seen NewCath and all of the teams in the top 10. While I don't disagree that Holmes could crack the top 20, their schedule is not very good. It's not really debatable. Seems it's the same argument every year with a team from the 9th that has a stellar record and folks think they are top 10. Then reality comes and it's evident they're not. I'm not saying Holmes is in that setting. I think they're very solid personally and well coached. Again, looking at the teams at the bottom of the top 20, who do you remove? In a one game situation, I think Holmes could beat any of the teams 15-20 with a reasonable rate, maybe not the majority of the time but certainly on occasion.

 

Here's a question for oldguy, since we are calling them like we see em, have you seen Pulaski? Any? Ever?

The top six look like the best six to me. It's a crapshoot to try & rank the rest.

  • Author

[TABLE=class: team_score_table]

[TR=class: schedule-even]

[TD=width: 10%]Jan 11, 13

[/TD]

[TD]Cooper[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]home[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-odd]

[TD=width: 10%]Jan 15, 13[/TD]

[TD]Mason County[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]away[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-even]

[TD=width: 10%]Jan 17, 13[/TD]

[TD]Scott[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]home[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-odd]

[TD=width: 10%]Jan 22, 13[/TD]

[TD]Ryle[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]away[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-even]

[TD=width: 10%]Jan 25, 13[/TD]

[TD]Beechwood[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]home[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-odd]

[TD=width: 10%]Jan 29, 13[/TD]

[TD]Dixie Heights[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]home[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-even]

[TD=width: 10%]Feb 1, 13[/TD]

[TD]Highlands[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]home[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-odd]

[TD=width: 10%]Feb 5, 13[/TD]

[TD]Boone County[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]away[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-even]

[TD=width: 10%]Feb 8, 13[/TD]

[TD]Newport Central Catholic[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]home[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-odd]

[TD=width: 10%]Feb 12, 13[/TD]

[TD]Conner[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]home[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[TD=class: team_score_comments][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: schedule-even]

[TD=width: 10%]Feb 14, 13[/TD]

[TD]George Rogers Clark[/TD]

[TD=class: schedule-loc]away[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 10%]7:30 PM[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

  • Author

Tests vs. Conner and NewCath, but not the rest. Scheduled the worst GRC team in a decade.

I saw Shannon Fraley and Billy Bob play for Pulaski......

I have no idea. Only giving my opinion. Really Holmes has overachieved to date. I don't think even Walter thought they'd play quite as well as they have. Personally I've seen most of the teams in the top 20. I haven't seen Holmes. I have seen NewCath and all of the teams in the top 10. While I don't disagree that Holmes could crack the top 20, their schedule is not very good. It's not really debatable. Seems it's the same argument every year with a team from the 9th that has a stellar record and folks think they are top 10. Then reality comes and it's evident they're not. I'm not saying Holmes is in that setting. I think they're very solid personally and well coached. Again, looking at the teams at the bottom of the top 20, who do you remove? In a one game situation, I think Holmes could beat any of the teams 15-20 with a reasonable rate, maybe not the majority of the time but certainly on occasion.

 

Here's a question for oldguy, since we are calling them like we see em, have you seen Pulaski? Any? Ever?

 

Fair assessment and I have no idea who even votes on this poll. I haven't seen many of these teams play so, therefore, I really have no idea and just lookat comparisons that I can with like opponents. Not very scientific. It has only been the last three years on the 9th. Holmes in the mid - late 2000's, CCH in the early 2000's and Highlands in the mid 90's were all Top 10 level teams. So i don't think it is every year. They really haven't had any elite players in the region since Ricardo Johnson and Pittman. They have one coming in Bolden and if Thad Moss returns from WV, he will be in that class of elite. Some will say Hatton is.but he has very little around him that can take the pressure off of him.

Tests vs. Conner and NewCath, but not the rest. Scheduled the worst GRC team in a decade.

 

You may have meant Cooper although Conner is no slouch.

  • Author

No, I meant Conner. Cooper is tomorrow, correct? My point is that there aren't any really significant wins and not alot of resistance left on that schedule. No disrespect at all, just saying.

Doss beat #7 Butler. Seneca & Moore both beat Doss. So should all of those teams be included too?

 

That six degrees of separation stuff can get a person in trouble. I've been guilty of it myself from time to time.

Montgomery seems high at 9 with their losses.

Tests vs. Conner and NewCath, but not the rest. Scheduled the worst GRC team in a decade.

 

A month away and you are already making your excuses for GRC!! JK Love this site. Keep up the good work. Top 5 no doubt and then as said before a crapshoot.

Montgomery seems high at 9 with their losses.

 

At this point I agree! We will see what we look like at the end of this month after the Toyota Classic and the Joe B Hall prep.

Lets see St. X (#12) defeated CovCath by I believe three at St. X, yet Holmes who beat CovCath at CovCath by eleven gets no love.

 

My guess is this is being done to get more subscribers to join BGP's away from NKy, by proving to those outside of NKy that BGP's isn't just a NKy business, at the expense of Holmes!

 

Just calling it as I see it! :idunno:

 

I seem to notice an anti-NKy bias in both the girls and boys polls. Could they be compensating for bias in the football polls?

So the best team Holmes has played is CovCath who hasn't been ranked in any BGP poll? That's a valid argument.:rolleyes:

 

And miss me with all that 'they must hate NKY' noise. I guarantee when the poll is being put together geography doesn't come into the equation. As has been mentioned after the top 6-8 it's a crapshoot.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.