Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys Top 20 (1-10-13)

Featured Replies

In all my years of reading polls I have never heard the poll poster say they made a mistake. I wish I could see the teams to the south because I know they are powerful quality teams but Holmes should be in there even if they were near the bottom. To rank NCC, who I think is a solid team, with no love to Holmes is just not sound logic. Who from NKY, who has watched these northern teams play weighed in on the poll prior to putting it down on BGP's for our enjoyment?

 

And for the record, the reason I hate polls is it is near impossible to do one because of the distance from and number of teams considered.

  • Replies 87
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes plays at Mason County Tuesday night...hopefully MCPapa and some of the other down state posters will be there and get their first look at Holmes then. Not sure if I will make the trip or not. Living out in Union now, that is a VERY LONG drive from my house.

Holmes plays at Mason County Tuesday night...hopefully MCPapa and some of the other down state posters will be there and get their first look at Holmes then. Not sure if I will make the trip or not. Living out in Union now, that is a VERY LONG drive from my house.

 

Just being at the MC gym is worth the drive. Show some dedication Walter.

Seriously Tiger, take the time to look at the schedules of the top several teams. See if you think Holmes schedule stacks up. There's really no bias against Holmes here, only saying the same things that Walter and others have said. Holmes may win that region, and I readily admit I haven't seen them (yet) but I would venture an educated guess that they are not the overwhelming favorites. Perhaps they are the best team in the region, but there's no way anyone would be surprised if someone else went to Rupp from the 9th.

 

I agree, Spin. I think Holmes is the best team in the region and has proved it to date but it's hard to judge how they compare with the rest of the top 20 since they don't play them. The only thing you can really do is compare scores against common opponents. (Which I personally hate to do, but....)

 

Holmes 71 Covcath 60

St. X 87 Covcath 78

 

Holmes 84 New Rochelle, NY 69

Knott Co 86 New Rochelle, NY 71

 

Holmes 66 Simon Kenton 57

Knott Co 65 Simon Kenton 47

Scott Co 83 Simon Kenton 45

 

Holmes 71 Breathitt Co 37

Knott Co 70 Breathitt Co 40

 

Holmes 78 Pendleton Co 50

Montgomery Co 92 Pendleton Co 77

 

Holmes 68 Holy Cross 65 (Led by 25 at the half before having 2nd half meltdown)

Scott Co 90 Holy Cross 72

Madison Central 72 Holy Cross 53

 

 

Obviously the above means nothing since high school is all about match ups, but just showing that Holmes has had similar results against the same teams that some of the "big boys" have played. Outside of Scott Co, I don't think there's a team I listed above that Holmes couldn't beat.

 

Again, I have no problem with your rankings and Holmes not being included, but I do think they are better than being given credit for.

Just being at the MC gym is worth the drive. Show some dedication Walter.

 

I'm actually off work that day so I may make the trip. Not sure yet. Went down there Johnson Brothers/Pittman's senior year and the fieldhouse is indeed worth the drive.

 

You drive and I'll make the trip with ya. :lol:

I'm actually off work that day so I may make the trip. Not sure yet. Went down there Johnson Brothers/Pittman's senior year and the fieldhouse is indeed worth the drive.

 

You drive and I'll make the trip with ya. :lol:

 

While THAT would seem a lot longer of a ride for Panda:D Union to Maysville is only about 10 more minutes than it from Covington.

I'm actually off work that day so I may make the trip. Not sure yet. Went down there Johnson Brothers/Pittman's senior year and the fieldhouse is indeed worth the drive.

 

You drive and I'll make the trip with ya. :lol:

 

 

I would if I thought it would be a decent game, so I will save myself the 4 hours of driving and hearing about how good Holmes is because I'm already a believer.

I would if I thought it would be a decent game, so I will save myself the 4 hours of driving and hearing about how good Holmes is because I'm already a believer.

 

I'm thinking the same. Nothing against MC but I expect Holmes to win, therefor I'll probably just setlle for getting updates from AllSport71.

While THAT would seem a lot longer of a ride for Panda:D Union to Maysville is only about 10 more minutes than it from Covington.

 

I guess it depends if you take 75n to 275 to AA all the way down or take 25 down to 14 and go across that way.

I guess it depends if you take 75n to 275 to AA all the way down or take 25 down to 14 and go across that way.

 

People really seem to be in the "argue with Clyde" mode.

Seriously Tiger, take the time to look at the schedules of the top several teams. See if you think Holmes schedule stacks up. There's really no bias against Holmes here, only saying the same things that Walter and others have said. Holmes may win that region, and I readily admit I haven't seen them (yet) but I would venture an educated guess that they are not the overwhelming favorites. Perhaps they are the best team in the region, but there's no way anyone would be surprised if someone else went to Rupp from the 9th.

 

It's all good spindoc. My only point is that Holmes has played some good teams and are the only undefeated team in the state plus with Holmes past reputation that they should garner at least somewhere in the top 20.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.