Corbin in 06'???

I'll be the first to say Corbin 2006 10-0 going into the playoffs. Mark it down.

That's a lot of Crow to eat.

Corbin will not go 10-0, there are a lot of quality team's on their schedule this year that are more then capable of beating them.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin is having a good spring numbers are good kids are stronger more talent but for them to go 10-0 well thats not going to happen they will have a good year be better towards nov. and make a good run and there coach's will agree with that they have a very tough non district but will only help them I think south whitley willamsburg and north will all have very good seasons.

If the numbers stay up this high and the kids improve as they should, I think it is possible for Corbin to go 10-0. It's highly unlikely that it will happen but they should have the talent to accomplish such a feat. I think that realistically they will go 7-3 or 8-2.

I look for Rock, Bell, and Middlesboro to be the toughest opponents and in that order. Corbin should beat Oldham, Laurel Co, Lexington Christian, Pulaski, and the 3 district teams. Is the offense going to be changing any from last year? More passing, more running, balanced? Either way, I'm confident that the staff will do whatever is best and work to their strengths.

My only knock on Corbin is to get rid of those red pants with the away uniforms.:laugh: Maybe wear them with the red tops for Pigskin or playoffs but there is no classier uniform that the silver, white, silver combo.

Sean Nolan hurts his knee thursday at spring practice and Kim Cleary think he just strechted it, but I think there going up to lexington tuesday to get it checked out. Also Zach Woody and Anthony Miller missed practice friday because of injuries.

If the numbers stay up this high and the kids improve as they should, I think it is possible for Corbin to go 10-0. It's highly unlikely that it will happen but they should have the talent to accomplish such a feat. I think that realistically they will go 7-3 or 8-2.

I look for Rock, Bell, and Middlesboro to be the toughest opponents and in that order. Corbin should beat Oldham, Laurel Co, Lexington Christian, Pulaski, and the 3 district teams. Is the offense going to be changing any from last year? More passing, more running, balanced? Either way, I'm confident that the staff will do whatever is best and work to their strengths.

My only knock on Corbin is to get rid of those red pants with the away uniforms.:laugh: Maybe wear them with the red tops for Pigskin or playoffs but there is no classier uniform that the silver, white, silver combo.

Why do you think that Corbin should beat South? South Laurel is not going to just lay down because you guy's are Corbin. I guess you didn't see that from the last three meetings. Who ever think's that the South vs Corbin game will not be tough, then they need to open their eye's.

Why do you think that Corbin should beat South? South Laurel is not going to just lay down because you guy's are Corbin. I guess you didn't see that from the last three meetings. Who ever think's that the South vs Corbin game will not be tough, then they need to open their eye's.

You are right, South won't lay down because it's Corbin. They didn't the past 3 years. The first two years, Corbin was more than likely the better team but South came out ready to play and worked hard and got the wins. There is a lot of fight in those Cardinals. They proved that on that night, they were better. Last year, South was just better all around. This year, I think Corbin is the better team and should win. Will they? It's gonna be up to the players on that Friday night. Both teams will give their all, I guarentee that.

I have always thought south laurel could be very good every year even when they were Laurel county lot of kids that should have been playing was'nt I think you got very good athletes in the county that are playing now the middle school program is getting better and there little program is doing well and kids are wanting to play now that they can play and beat teams like corbin whitley and others they need to make the next step.but as for the corbin south game it will be a dandy corbin is a lot better this year and a lot new players the will help them have a good year brent jackson does a very good job with the middle school program so I think you will see good football games between these teams for years to come games are won or lost on the field by players not in words but that is what good fans are for words.:p