Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton's Cam Racke kicked off of and then reinstated to the Simon Frosh Team

Featured Replies

I'm not sure how's Marksberrys daughter has anything to do with this since this situation isn't his decision.

 

Cameron has also shadowed a CCH student.

 

I believe Marksberry is the AD at SK so he does have a say in all this. Marksberry refused to shake Coach Rash's hand after the Beechwood game this year because some kids left SK for Beechwood. Now Marksberry is considering doing the same thing with his daughter? If true, this is the height of hypocrisy.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Marksberry is the AD at SK so he does have a say in all this. Marksberry refused to shake Coach Rash's hand after the Beechwood game this year because some kids left SK for Beechwood. Now Marksberry is considering doing the same thing with his daughter? If true, this is the height of hypocrisy.

 

How are they the same? He lives in Covington, he has a female daughter, I don't think he's obligated to send his child to SK.

How are they the same? He lives in Covington, he has a female daughter, I don't think he's obligated to send his child to SK.

 

He's not. No one is obligated to send their child to Simon Kenton. And it doesn't matter where you live. This is a free society and you can choose whatever school you feel is best for your child.

...he has a female daughter..

That's the best kind! :lol:

That's the best kind! :lol:

 

Oops.

If it is ok for coach Marksberry to take his daughter to NDA open house then why is it not ok with the Racke's going to CCH open house. I don't think the family has ever said that Cameron was not going to SK. I would be willing to bet that they just wanted to see what the school was like since Cameron plays basketball with Cole VonHandorf. If I were a betting man I would say Cameron will wear SK blue for the next 4 years.

 

I know this not to be true.

He's not. No one is obligated to send their child to Simon Kenton. And it doesn't matter where you live. This is a free society and you can choose whatever school you feel is best for your child.

 

I don't know the whole story regarding the "handshake" but from what I have heard it's probably a little deeper than kids just leaving for another school.

From what I gather young Cameron is not only a top athlete but also a top student.

 

CCH would love to have him.

It is not only about taking the spot, it is about taking quality minutes away from another player.

 

Do you really think -- there is no difference in a middle schooler playing up to a high school team at which he may well never attend - versus- a freshmen playing up at the school he is already attending ?

 

I think they are completely different issues.

 

Nope. If you lose that spot to a middle schooler someone was going to take that spot from you eventually.

Nope. If you lose that spot to a middle schooler someone was going to take that spot from you eventually.

 

Not necessarily. Kids develop at different rates at different times in puberty.

Nope. If you lose that spot to a middle schooler someone was going to take that spot from you eventually.

I say then let it happen on its own time. Plenty of kids only play a sport their frosh and maybe soph year, then they get cut. But they still got that once in a lifetime experience that you can only get in high school.

I believe Marksberry is the AD at SK so he does have a say in all this. Marksberry refused to shake Coach Rash's hand after the Beechwood game this year because some kids left SK for Beechwood. Now Marksberry is considering doing the same thing with his daughter? If true, this is the height of hypocrisy.

 

You are also not considering that SK is no longer open enrollment. Even staff members are having difficulty getting their kids in. Overcrowding at SK is getting serious. Starting to cause some staff turnover.

I heard Marksberry was shadowing Ruthsatz so he could get a job on his staff and not have to travel far to pick up his daughter after school!

I heard Marksberry was shadowing Ruthsatz so he could get a job on his staff and not have to travel far to pick up his daughter after school!

 

:)) LOL!

Good for SK. Seems to me that he does not have to worry about SK next year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.