Let's talk bats!

arent those both composite bats? im curious what everyone is using and liking for those super cold night?

Didn't you ask about composite bats?

The Xeno is probably the hottest bat going right now. The Demarini's are always a good bat. Pretty much if you are willing to pay $250 or $300 for a bat they will be pretty good. As far as a cold night use an old bat, any one you have laying around will work. Shouldn't be playing in a real meaningful game in cold weather.

arent those both composite bats? im curious what everyone is using and liking for those super cold night?

thought they were two separate questions... as far as the latter is concerned, I keep an old Catalyst in the bag to pull out when its cold.

YEs, I asked about both, because out here in the county, our early season games (all meaningful games:) LOL) the evenings usually dip into the 40s. So for half the season you just use an old bat? Seems strange to me, that's why I'm asking:) Hanna pitched in many JV march/april games last season where we froze, literally. Maybe this spring will be warmer than last, just wanted to get her a cold weather bat...all she has is composite right now:(

YEs, I asked about both, because out here in the county, our early season games (all meaningful games:) LOL) the evenings usually dip into the 40s. So for half the season you just use an old bat? Seems strange to me, that's why I'm asking:) Hanna pitched in many JV march/april games last season where we froze, literally. Maybe this spring will be warmer than last, just wanted to get her a cold weather bat...all she has is composite right now:(

I'm like you, hopefully it'll be warmer this season too! Like an earlier poster said, Demarini makes some nice bats as well.

Are you allowed to keep the bats in a blanket to keep them warm in High School?

I don't know, but I can tell you I'LL be wrapped up and in blanket:) LOL Is that the only trick with a composite...just keep it warm somehow? I guess that's what the stupid sleeves are for, huh?:ohbrother:

I don't know, but I can tell you I'LL be wrapped up and in blanket:) LOL Is that the only trick with a composite...just keep it warm somehow? I guess that's what the stupid sleeves are for, huh?:ohbrother:

It is my understanding that composite bats are not effected by temperature change but that the balls are harder when it gets cold. This is where the danger of cracking comes from.