Clyde's NKY Top 10 After Week 4

Clyde

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hear Casey is out for the year. My son was Casey's team mate two years ago on two different teams. He carried Casey off the field when he was injured in Louisville.

My son has competed against Moss since the days of the chargers and knights, then the mustangs and broncos. He has all the tools to be great.

If I were a Boone parent, given the state of the program today and the issues two years ago around the selection of starting qb, I would be severely tempted to publicly call for change at Boone. But I am not a Boone parent, so it is not my place.

Boone has a very rich and proud tradition that rivals that of even Highlands. They get tremendous talent almost every year. They do not perceive a need to commit to a down field pass offense. They just do not engage with the youth program. In order to develop a QB, you have to start at about grade 6.

If the status quo persists much longer, kids and coaches will leave.

Boone has a tradition that rivals Highlands??? Huh???

SK has to earn its shot at the birds. Let us see if SK wins its district and region, then we will talk!

Until (unless) Highlands loses, I would leave them atop NKY ratings regardless of what everyone else does.

The point I was trying to make is UK#1fan's omission of the Birds in the list of teams that S.K. would beat is a bit more temperate of an observation than we have come to expect...(and enjoy). :D

SK is ranked 11th, Cooper 13th and CovCath 10th in the state on Maxpreps.

Max Preps is a great way to rank teams, much better than even the coaches poll's from coaches in the area that actually watch the teams play. Yep, we should go with max preps and allow them to rank the teams because they are nationwide and have always been in tune with the local teams over the ones who actually watch them play :laugh:

Ryle has a small line compared to SK.

and again, what does size have to do with anything? does SK have a bigger line than Beechwood? then why did Beechwood dominate that game?

Dominate may be too big of a word to use, both teams looked pretty bad that game but i think you get my point. Again every team but HC was much bigger than Cooper so again, what does size have to do with anything? If size was the determining factor then Cooper would of lost to Ryle, Boone, Campbell county....how did those turn out?