Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clyde's NKY Top 10 After Week 4

Featured Replies

If size was so important HHS wouldn't even be that good, how fast are these teams? Not just position players but line wise as well, speed has gotten the Kobe done for highlands in recent years, obviously.

  • Replies 128
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If size was so important HHS wouldn't even be that good, how fast are these teams? Not just position players but line wise as well, speed has gotten the Kobe done for highlands in recent years, obviously.

 

my point exactly

Some of Cooper's biggest linemen don't even play, size is not the answer.

i have too, i was at the SK beechwood game. Again, size doesn't = winning. If that were the case with Ryle's OL they wold be undefeated and Boone would have a couple wins already.

 

It depends on how well conditioned and how agile the size is!

and again, what does size have to do with anything? does SK have a bigger line than Beechwood? then why did Beechwood dominate that game?

Dominate may be too big of a word to use, both teams looked pretty bad that game but i think you get my point. Again every team but HC was much bigger than Cooper so again, what does size have to do with anything? If size was the determining factor then Cooper would of lost to Ryle, Boone, Campbell county....how did those turn out?

 

Beechwood did not dominate that game. It was also the 2nd game of the season both teams where working out the bugs.

It depends on how well conditioned and how agile the size is!

 

Every kid that starts for SK is in great shape.

and again, what does size have to do with anything? does SK have a bigger line than Beechwood? then why did Beechwood dominate that game?

Dominate may be too big of a word to use, both teams looked pretty bad that game but i think you get my point. Again every team but HC was much bigger than Cooper so again, what does size have to do with anything? If size was the determining factor then Cooper would of lost to Ryle, Boone, Campbell county....how did those turn out?

 

 

SK had 173 yards rushing Beechwood did not dominate.

SK had 173 yards rushing Beechwood did not dominate.

 

I looked at your schedule, beat Campbell and then we'll talk. I think Campbell will be your first loss....if you lose before you play them then the discussion about SK being #2 behind Highlands can be tossed out the window.

If size was so important HHS wouldn't even be that good, how fast are these teams? Not just position players but line wise as well, speed has gotten the Kobe done for highlands in recent years, obviously.

 

 

I read where Highlands starts 2 kids that around 290 pounds.

Cooper's line has just as much size if not more than any team in NKY. It's in their hearts. These boys play both ways and every down with the exception of special teams(maybe). They just keep getting up and playing and they still haven't been over matched and if they were you would have never known it. I enjoy watching these boys compete because they are true football players and will be successfull no matter who is in front of them even the GIANTS at SK.

Edited by Jester313

I looked at your schedule, beat Campbell and then we'll talk. I think Campbell will be your first loss....if you lose before you play them then the discussion about SK being #2 behind Highlands can be tossed out the window.

 

 

Buddy I hate to tell you but SK will not lose a regular season game this year!

I'm sorry to hear Casey is out for the year. My son was Casey's team mate two years ago on two different teams. He carried Casey off the field when he was injured in Louisville.

 

My son has competed against Moss since the days of the chargers and knights, then the mustangs and broncos. He has all the tools to be great.

 

If I were a Boone parent, given the state of the program today and the issues two years ago around the selection of starting qb, I would be severely tempted to publicly call for change at Boone. But I am not a Boone parent, so it is not my place.

 

Boone has a very rich and proud tradition that rivals that of even Highlands. They get tremendous talent almost every year. They do not perceive a need to commit to a down field pass offense. They just do not engage with the youth program. In order to develop a QB, you have to start at about grade 6.

 

If the status quo persists much longer, kids and coaches will leave.

 

I will not send my sons to play for them. I am currently in the house hunting process, and BCHS district is not an option. It is sad as I am very proud of my days there, but the program is not evolving, and if your not moving forward, your moving backwards.

I will not send my sons to play for them. I am currently in the house hunting process, and BCHS district is not an option. It is sad as I am very proud of my days there, but the program is not evolving, and if your not moving forward, your moving backwards.

Cooper area has a lot of nice homes for sale:clap:

Buddy I hate to tell you but SK will not lose a regular season game this year!

 

Hope you are right, I love NKKY teams to do great in the playoffs....but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I'm sorry to hear Casey is out for the year. My son was Casey's team mate two years ago on two different teams. He carried Casey off the field when he was injured in Louisville.

 

My son has competed against Moss since the days of the chargers and knights, then the mustangs and broncos. He has all the tools to be great.

 

If I were a Boone parent, given the state of the program today and the issues two years ago around the selection of starting qb, I would be severely tempted to publicly call for change at Boone. But I am not a Boone parent, so it is not my place.

 

Boone has a very rich and proud tradition that rivals that of even Highlands. They get tremendous talent almost every year. They do not perceive a need to commit to a down field pass offense. They just do not engage with the youth program. In order to develop a QB, you have to start at about grade 6.

 

If the status quo persists much longer, kids and coaches will leave.

 

Are you related to uk#1fan? That's some crazy talk right there..:lol:

I read where Highlands starts 2 kids that around 290 pounds.

Shoot, that should make Highlands the #1 team in the country then shoulnd't it? Oops, can't be right, SK has the biggest kids so they should be #1 in the country.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.