Clyde's NKY Top 10 After Week 4

Clyde

SK is way overrated. Looking at their terrible schedule....what have they accomplished? The opponents they've beaten are a combined 7-6, they've played a 2A and 1A team along with a bad 5A team and a beaten up an injury laden Holmes team where the game was called at halftime. I am not impressed with their body of work at all. This team will come crashing down to earth in just a couple of weeks. Rude awakening. The rankings are going to change alot over the next 6 weeks. Fool's Gold.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SK is way overrated. Looking at their terrible schedule....what have they accomplished? The opponents they've beaten are a combined 7-6, they've played a 2A and 1A team along with a bad 5A team and a beaten up an injury laden Holmes team where the game was called at halftime. I am not impressed with their body of work at all. This team will come crashing down to earth in just a couple of weeks. Rude awakening. The rankings are going to change alot over the next 6 weeks. Fool's Gold.

Good thing Dixie doesn't play Conner again this week! :D

Look at the teams Conner beat and their combined record is 2-9! :D

Look at the teams Conner beat and their combined record is 2-9! :D

SK is so lucky they don't play Conner this week. They would get crushed, crushed like a bag of garbage in a Rumpke truck. Can't wait to see Boone, Ryle, Dixie and Campbell crush SK. Your posturing on here will make it so much sweeter. Can't wait!

Oh, I forgot..............:D:D:D:D:D

I still think if you doubt Moss' hands you've missed a lot of his play. They are as good as anyone's around and better than most. That might not show right now with the issues (freshman plaing varsity, not in the best shape, home, etc.) he's facing but it will over time.

I agree with your assessment about body type, at least to this degree,..............more like a tight end than a receiver. That body is evolving rapidly from what was a lineman's body but is certainly at the TE/DE stage now. He will never look like Randy but his uncle Eric was one fine HS TE at 6-5, 270#. Thad could get to that size but even at his current size will continue to develop and improve. He has really good feet as well as hands and may also develop at DE.

I suspect some people do tire of a freshman being mentioned ahead of players who have been around longer but that's not his fault. He just wants to play and be judged on what he does. Tough to be the child of a name athlete but I expect Thad to handle it as well as his sister did.

His sister was so fun to watch playing BBall. I hope Thad really turns into something special, I just don't think he is as good as some think he is right now. That is all, I think it's more his name right now than the player. If he didn't have the name he has he wouldn't even be playing Varsity right now. He has the potential to be a very good player so don't think I'm dissing on the kid, I'm not. I just know he is not quite there yet is all I'm saying.

I hear SK begged the officials to call the game at halftime because they were so afraid of losing the lead the second half of the game. They were terrified of Holmes and bribed everyone they could bribe to call the game. :isurrender:

I hear SK begged the officials to call the game at halftime because they were so afraid of losing the lead the second half of the game. They were terrified of Holmes and bribed everyone they could bribe to call the game. :isurrender:

Are you trying to convince me that Holmes is a good team? Not buyin.

His sister was so fun to watch playing BBall. I hope Thad really turns into something special, I just don't think he is as good as some think he is right now. That is all, I think it's more his name right now than the player. If he didn't have the name he has he wouldn't even be playing Varsity right now. He has the potential to be a very good player so don't think I'm dissing on the kid, I'm not. I just know he is not quite there yet is all I'm saying.

He is a freshman so he will get better. Regardless of how good he is, the fact that he is playing varsity end should be embarrassing for Boone County. He can hold his own on varsity and is getting playing time because he has the body that can do it. A 6A school like Boone County should have an upperclassman with a couple years in the weight room out there playing end. Having to dip down to the freshman level is a bad sign.

I can't understand the Holmes hate. Alot on here are saying Scott should be in the Top 10 and they lost to Holmes. Then noone questions Beechwood in the Top 10 and Holmes absolutely crushed them. Sure, they got hammered by SK in a 2 qtr game, but, rather than give SK credit, they say Holmes was a beat up team. Then say Holmes was crushed by SK is the reason they don't belong and say , well, Beechwood had alot of injuries when they played Holmes.

Sounds to me like there's alot of talking out of both sides of the mouth going on. As an outsider looking in, what I see, basically, is

1) Noone wants to give SK credit for anything and look for every excuse in the world to downgrade there accomplishments.

2) Beechwood gets the benefit of the doubt because of injuries and Holmes doesn't.

3) Highlands will never be #2 in any NKy poll, regardless of what happens and CCath will always be #2, regardless of how good anyone else in the area may be.

4) NCC has to be hammered at least 3-4 times before they fall out of a NKy Top 10.

5) There are some teams that's always gonna get the love(NCC, BWood, Cooper, FTH, CCAth, Ryle) and others that's always gonna have to prove something (SKenton, Holmes, Campbell Co).

He is a freshman so he will get better. Regardless of how good he is, the fact that he is playing varsity end should be embarrassing for Boone County. He can hold his own on varsity and is getting playing time because he has the body that can do it. A 6A school like Boone County should have an upperclassman with a couple years in the weight room out there playing end. Having to dip down to the freshman level is a bad sign.

You hit the nail on the head.

But with that said, how much of a factor is his playing time due to his name rather than an upperclassman being better? You know as well as I know that many times at this level there are players who may be better at a certain position never get to play at that position due to the lack of their own coaches knowledge about the player.

I wonder how much of his playing time is contributed to his name and how much is contributed to his actual talent at this age.