Clyde's NKY Top 10 After Week 4

Clyde

Just did a little research and found a number of 6A teams (not so many in NKY) with frosh players listed on their rosters. And a few of those are playing enough minutes to be showing up in the stats. So perhaps Moss playing isn't totally unusual. Perhaps these other schools also have cases where a younger player is the best option for them at a particular position.

And that raises a reversal of the question being asked in this thread. Would all this discussion about Thad be going on if his name (and relationship) wasn't what it is? I would guess that it wouldn't. Food for thought.

First, thoughts and prayers to you.

As to the freshman issue, in my opinion no school 4A or above should ever have a freshman getting significant playing time. Of course, there are exceptions and those are usually where speed gets the freshman on the field - wide receiver, defensive back perhaps. Any school 4A or above playing a freshman needs to work harder on developing their players. It is just a fact that any junior/senior kid working hard in the weight room is going to be superior in strength to a freshman and will have more experience in the system.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did a little research and found a number of 6A teams (not so many in NKY) with frosh players listed on their rosters. And a few of those are playing enough minutes to be showing up in the stats. So perhaps Moss playing isn't totally unusual. Perhaps these other schools also have cases where a younger player is the best option for them at a particular position.

And that raises a reversal of the question being asked in this thread. Would all this discussion about Thad be going on if his name (and relationship) wasn't what it is? I would guess that it wouldn't. Food for thought.

Not on my part it wouldn't. I only spoke about it because I know Thad and know what kind of player he is. I don't know any of the other freshman players playing Varsity, I only speak about what I know first hand. It was a good question to pose though, but like I said as far as me, his name wasn't the reason i talked about it. IT had more to do with I personally knowing him as a player and is why i raised the question how much his name had to do with his getting the opportunity to play at that level. As UK#1 Fan mentioned, we've seen him play, he's a good player but not at the Varsity level just yet. In my opinion.

Fair enough. Gotta excuse me having a bit of an edge since I'm at home in hospice care, defiantly cheating the grim reaper and trying to whip him. This message board is a way to keep myself involved since I can't be there to see Thad play.

In my prayers too Sir. Whip the reaper's butt then come watch your grandson play some ball this Fall.

Fair enough. Gotta excuse me having a bit of an edge since I'm at home in hospice care, defiantly cheating the grim reaper and trying to whip him. This message board is a way to keep myself involved since I can't be there to see Thad play.

Frank sorry to hear this, always enjoyed our conversations at the NewCath/Boone girls games. You will be in my prayers.

I read where Highlands starts 2 kids that around 290 pounds.

Don't know about two of them. Richie Whitford is closest and is an absolute beast of a lineman. He will be(is IMO) one of the most dominate lineman in NKY this year and should see plenty of statewide "All Star" teams. But that really gets you no where now does it. I do think he has the ability and obvious the size to play next level possibly major D1. The other lineman you speak of must be Swietzer. He's probably closer to 265ish and is a Junior. Next year as a Senior, he will garner lots of attention from D1 schools as he is also a very good lineman.

Highlands fans don't even know about their own team! :D

Richie Whitford 6'3 295

Scott Turner 6'5 290

As others have pointed out, Scott Turner doesn't start. Richie does and I mentioned him. I have been to all HHS's games and I don't recall Turner starting on Varsity level. He probably would on every other team in NKY, but not this years HHS's team. Now if you want to include him in your mis-informed post, then have at it. But you are mistaken.

Ahhhh, I feel much better!

Go Birds!