Clyde's NKY Top 10 After Week 4

Clyde

You are way off base there my friend but at least you have given up on saying your Pioneers would beat the team they keep avoiding.

I have seen Cooper and CovCath play. SK has to much size and depth and would win by 2 touchdowns against both.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that Boone has a lot of talent, Casey Boston is a beast, unfortunatley he broke his ankle in yesterday's game in 3 places and is out for the year. he is such a great talent too, i would of been using him as their tailback myself, but that's just me. As far as Moss, I think too many on here are giving his name the credit and I think he may be one of the most overrated players discussed on here. He isn't very good, his hands are not good at all ( i've known him for years and my son has played with him for years. ) in the cooper game alone he had 3 drops right in his hands before he made his first catch. He's never been known for good hands, but his size is perfect for a blocking TE. Boone unfortunatley is stuck in the same offense they ran for decades and you are right, they really need to adapt to the players they have instead of forcing the players to run the same style they have always run no matter what type of players they have.

I'm sorry to hear Casey is out for the year. My son was Casey's team mate two years ago on two different teams. He carried Casey off the field when he was injured in Louisville.

My son has competed against Moss since the days of the chargers and knights, then the mustangs and broncos. He has all the tools to be great.

If I were a Boone parent, given the state of the program today and the issues two years ago around the selection of starting qb, I would be severely tempted to publicly call for change at Boone. But I am not a Boone parent, so it is not my place.

Boone has a very rich and proud tradition that rivals that of even Highlands. They get tremendous talent almost every year. They do not perceive a need to commit to a down field pass offense. They just do not engage with the youth program. In order to develop a QB, you have to start at about grade 6.

If the status quo persists much longer, kids and coaches will leave.

In the updates thread you seemed to be impressed with CovCath's size though. Is SK that much bigger?

Yes. SK would dwarf Cov. Cath. and has almost as good team speed. Bir would be the difference maker this year. But next year, when we have the Sr. QB .......

I'm sorry to hear Casey is out for the year. My son was Casey's team mate two years ago on two different teams. He carried Casey off the field when he was injured in Louisville.

My son has competed against Moss since the days of the chargers and knights, then the mustangs and broncos. He has all the tools to be great.

If I were a Boone parent, given the state of the program today and the issues two years ago around the selection of starting qb, I would be severely tempted to publicly call for change at Boone. But I am not a Boone parent, so it is not my place.

Boone has a very rich and proud tradition that rivals that of even Highlands. They get tremendous talent almost every year. They do not perceive a need to commit to a down field pass offense. They just do not engage with the youth program. In order to develop a QB, you have to start at about grade 6.

If the status quo persists much longer, kids and coaches will leave.

You were in Louisville with me when he hurt his knee, if not for that i think we would of won the championship in that tournament. Casey getting hurt was horrible. He is such a great football player and once he gets going is the hardest runner i've known. We still played ok without him in that championship game, but casey would of put us over the edge

Isn't the young man a Frosh? Give him time to grow into that body of his. You couldn't handle what I am sure that young man has to carry around being the Son and the young brother of.

Just because I am not drinking the Kool Aid your severing, doesn't mean I hate Cooper, it just means I don't think they have reached that level yet! Enjoy your season and we will see come November.

BTW, some of my co-workers family kids play Basketball for Cooper and I consider a couple of the Baseball parents friends of mine and your Baseball Coach is a CovCath guy to boot.

Have said time after time your Baseball field could be the nicest in NKy if they are allowed to spend the money to improve it and maintain it!

First off i'm not selling any kool aide, and we probably know eachother...my son plays baseball for cooper also. I didn't say Moss couldnt be a great player, i said he isn't there yet. His hands aren't what i think people claim them to be, he can get there but his body is more of a lineman than a reciever right now but you are right he can get there he's got plenty of time.

The baseball field is really nice, you are right, except the outfiled needs some work. The football field is horrible but it is because they simply didn't have the money when the school was built to put much into the fields. The baseball field is basically maintained by parentsw and Coach Bieger, the school itself doesn't put much into the fields so whatever is done is usually by the parents and coaches themselves.

I have seen Cooper and CovCath play. SK has to much size and depth and would win by 2 touchdowns against both.

i've never gone into a game yet this year feeling overconfident about Cooper winning any of them so far, i like it that way, but if they played SK that would be the one game besides grant county that i wouldn't hesitate claiming a Cooper win. Like i said earlier, you may not put a lot of stock into 7 on 7's but it does give a nice indication of what the offenses can do against the other team and Cooper dominated them this year when they scrimmaged 7 on 7, wasn't even close. Cooper's D was too fast for SK and after seeing SK struggle against Beechwood there is no way i would even think for one second SK could beat Cooper or Cov Cath this year

i've never gone into a game yet this year feeling overconfident about Cooper winning any of them so far, i like it that way, but if they played SK that would be the one game besides grant county that i wouldn't hesitate claiming a Cooper win. Like i said earlier, you may not put a lot of stock into 7 on 7's but it does give a nice indication of what the offenses can do against the other team and Cooper dominated them this year when they scrimmaged 7 on 7, wasn't even close. Cooper's D was too fast for SK and after seeing SK struggle against Beechwood there is no way i would even think for one second SK could beat Cooper or Cov Cath this year

7 on 7 no contact really? Get real!!!

7 on 7 no contact really? Get real!!!

they couldn't come close to stopping Cooper at all tackle or no tackle, i also seen them play beechwood who everyone will admit is way down this year and Beechwood very easily could of won that game if not for 2 plays. I am not saying SK is bad, but they just aren't as good as I think you say they are. I hope they win state this year, like i've said before, any NKY team that wins state is awesome, but i also can only go by what i've seen in person and SK hasn't impressed me that much yet. Do they play Cov Cath this year? what other teams do they play, there could be some good matchups but i don't know their schedule.

I'm just saying what i've seen in person is all.

they couldn't come close to stopping Cooper at all tackle or no tackle, i also seen them play beechwood who everyone will admit is way down this year and Beechwood very easily could of won that game if not for 2 plays. I am not saying SK is bad, but they just aren't as good as I think you say they are. I hope they win state this year, like i've said before, any NKY team that wins state is awesome, but i also can only go by what i've seen in person and SK hasn't impressed me that much yet. Do they play Cov Cath this year? what other teams do they play, there could be some good matchups but i don't know their schedule.

I'm just saying what i've seen in person is all.

Cooper couldn't handle SK's size just like every team they play.

Cooper couldn't handle SK's size just like every team they play.

that may be true, but then again they have handled bigger teams in every game they've played so far. They've handled the size of Ryle (probably the biggest line in the area) they handled Campbell who was also much bigger and they handled Boone who was also much bigger. The only team that wasn't much bigger was HC, all others were much much bigger than Cooper but one thing size can't stop is speed and that is what Cooper has.

that may be true, but then again they have handled bigger teams in every game they've played so far. They've handled the size of Ryle (probably the biggest line in the area) they handled Campbell who was also much bigger and they handled Boone who was also much bigger. The only team that wasn't much bigger was HC, all others were much much bigger than Cooper but one thing size can't stop is speed and that is what Cooper has.

You have not seen SK. Ryle's line is small compared to SK.