Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville/Boyle County Predictions

Who will win this matchup? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this matchup?

    • Danville
      12%
    • Boyle County
      87%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I know what has been our kryptonite thus far....but I'm not telling. :D:D
Sam Harp is carrying a bag around with him this week, You know like the President carries the so "called nuclear football" in case WW III starts., it probably has the answer in it.:sssh::D
  • Replies 103
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just don't see Danville stopping Boyle's run game. The Rebels running game has been really good this year. Better than I think most people would have thought. Danville is still Danville and the Rebs will have to play a great game to win. I see the Rebels winning 38 to 14.

Here is the series history between the two schools:

 

Series history

(Danville leads 32-17-1)

1965 — Boyle County 0, Danville 0, tie

1966 — Boyle County 19, Danville 7

1967 — Danville 44, Boyle County 0

1968 — Danville 34, Boyle County 0

1969 — Boyle County 8, Danville 6

1970 — Danville 27, Boyle County 6

1971 — Danville 28, Boyle County 7

1972 — Danville 31, Boyle County 13

1973 — Danville 47, Boyle County 6

1974 — Danville 43, Boyle County 6

1975 — Boyle County 15, Danville 7

1976 — Danville 21, Boyle County 14

1977 — Boyle County 14, Danville 7

1978 — Danville 21, Boyle County 7

1979 — Boyle County 28, Danville 22

1980 — Danville 47, Boyle County 28

1981 — Danville 21, Boyle County 12

1982 — Danville 26, Boyle County 14

1983 — Danville 3, Boyle County 0

1984 — Danville 21, Boyle County 10

1985 — Danville 42, Boyle County 0

1986 — Danville 40, Boyle County 3

1987 — Danville 63, Boyle County 14

1988 — Danville 51, Boyle County 7

1989 — Danville 51, Boyle County 6

1990 — Danville 41, Boyle County 0

1991 — Danville 48, Boyle County 6

1992 — Danville 49, Boyle County 7

1993 — Danville 35, Boyle County 7

1994 — Danville 20, Boyle County 6

1994 — x-Danville 35, Boyle County 0

1995 — Danville 18, Boyle County 10

1995 — x-Danville 10, Boyle County 7

1996 — Danville 35, Boyle County 20

1996 — x-Boyle County 12, Danville 0

1997 — Boyle County 21, Danville 14

1998 — Danville 60, Boyle County 7

1999 — Boyle County 28, Danville 3

2000 — Boyle County 47, Danville 0

2001 — Boyle County 24, Danville 21

2002 — Danville 20, Boyle County 10

2003 — Boyle County 45, Danville 26

2004 — Boyle County 37, Danville 30

2005 — Boyle County 28, Danville 13

2006 — Danville 35, Boyle County 33

2007 — Danville 21, Boyle County 14

2008 — Boyle County 43, Danville 6

2009 — Boyle County 49, Danville 9

2010 –- Boyle County 28, Danville 7

2011 –- Boyle County 49, Danville 16

 

Some Key Games few talk about now

 

1966 - Boyle 19 Danville 0 Hard to believe but Boyle led this series 1-0-1 at the beginning. I watched the game film once and the Rebels dominated the line. Fullback John Young I believe scored all 19 points with 3 TD's and kicking the EP once. The year before ended in a 0-0 tie but Boyle was the better team on the film I saw. Donnie Coffman dominated on the Defensive Line. I think the '65 Boyle team won the District that season but lost to My Old KY Home in the Regional. My Old KY Home would lose in the Class A final to Lloyd Memorial.

 

1976 - Danville 21 Boyle 14 Danville finished the regular season 10-1 with their only loss to Henry Clay. Rebels finished 9-2 for the second straight year. Chris Jones returned a punt late in the game to set up short score for the win. Danville went on to be upset by Shelby County in AAA Regional while Boyle went to the CKC Bowl and defeated the same Henry Clay 28-27.

 

1982 - Danville 26 Boyle 14 Boyle was actually the favorite coming into that game. The Rebels would go on to upset Somerset (10-1) and win the District only to lose to Corbin in the AA Regional. Danville would lose in their District playoff. This game turned at halftime. If memory serves the Ads had a 13-7 Halftime lead. In that era both Marching Bands performed at halftime. But Coach Duffy argued that Boyle exceeded the Halftime Time Limit and the Refs threw a flag for 15 yards to start the 2nd half. Boyle received and with a high kick the Rebel returner was pinned at the 10, misplaying the kick and stepping out of bounds with it. Rebels soon turned it over deep. The Ads punched it in for a 20-7 lead. Boyle would cut it to 6 but run out of downs in the 4th. Then in the last minute, deep in their own territory, Boyle's Andy Baker threw a "pick 6" and the game was over.

  • Author

I'll always remember the 2006 game. Danville won 35-33. Boyle went for 2 while winning instead of kicking the XP and didn't get it and it ended up costing them the game. I'd love to see that game on film.

 

Josh Miller had 5 touches for 4 touchdowns. He was out of his mind that day.

:lol:

 

The back and forth you and I would have about Boyle and SK would be classic. :lol:

 

 

I only want Danville to win so it makes Highlands look bad!

  • Author
I only want Danville to win so it makes Highlands look bad!

 

I'd rather Highlands still look good.

I'd rather Highlands still look good.

 

 

We agree to disagree! :D

I'm just mad that I'll be out of town that night. :irked:

  • Author
I'm just mad that I'll be out of town that night. :irked:

 

No doubt. I feel you there.

Originally Posted by uk#1fan "I only want Danville to win so it makes Higjlands look bad".

I'd rather Highlands still look good.

 

I'd prefer that you both look bad. (Just playin)

I only want Danville to win so it makes Highlands look bad!

 

Don't you mean because it makes Simon Kenton look good?

The Rebels should win.

Here is the series history between the two schools:

 

Series history

(Danville leads 32-17-1)

1965 — Boyle County 0, Danville 0, tie

1966 — Boyle County 19, Danville 7

1967 — Danville 44, Boyle County 0

1968 — Danville 34, Boyle County 0

1969 — Boyle County 8, Danville 6

1970 — Danville 27, Boyle County 6

1971 — Danville 28, Boyle County 7

1972 — Danville 31, Boyle County 13

1973 — Danville 47, Boyle County 6

1974 — Danville 43, Boyle County 6

1975 — Boyle County 15, Danville 7

1976 — Danville 21, Boyle County 14

1977 — Boyle County 14, Danville 7

1978 — Danville 21, Boyle County 7

1979 — Boyle County 28, Danville 22

1980 — Danville 47, Boyle County 28

1981 — Danville 21, Boyle County 12

1982 — Danville 26, Boyle County 14

1983 — Danville 3, Boyle County 0

1984 — Danville 21, Boyle County 10

1985 — Danville 42, Boyle County 0

1986 — Danville 40, Boyle County 3

1987 — Danville 63, Boyle County 14

1988 — Danville 51, Boyle County 7

1989 — Danville 51, Boyle County 6

1990 — Danville 41, Boyle County 0

1991 — Danville 48, Boyle County 6

1992 — Danville 49, Boyle County 7

1993 — Danville 35, Boyle County 7

1994 — Danville 20, Boyle County 6

1994 — x-Danville 35, Boyle County 0

1995 — Danville 18, Boyle County 10

1995 — x-Danville 10, Boyle County 7

1996 — Danville 35, Boyle County 20

1996 — x-Boyle County 12, Danville 0

1997 — Boyle County 21, Danville 14

1998 — Danville 60, Boyle County 7

1999 — Boyle County 28, Danville 3

2000 — Boyle County 47, Danville 0

2001 — Boyle County 24, Danville 21

2002 — Danville 20, Boyle County 10

2003 — Boyle County 45, Danville 26

2004 — Boyle County 37, Danville 30

2005 — Boyle County 28, Danville 13

2006 — Danville 35, Boyle County 33

2007 — Danville 21, Boyle County 14

2008 — Boyle County 43, Danville 6

2009 — Boyle County 49, Danville 9

2010 –- Boyle County 28, Danville 7

2011 –- Boyle County 49, Danville 16

 

Some Key Games few talk about now

 

1966 - Boyle 19 Danville 0 Hard to believe but Boyle led this series 1-0-1 at the beginning. I watched the game film once and the Rebels dominated the line. Fullback John Young I believe scored all 19 points with 3 TD's and kicking the EP once. The year before ended in a 0-0 tie but Boyle was the better team on the film I saw. Donnie Coffman dominated on the Defensive Line. I think the '65 Boyle team won the District that season but lost to My Old KY Home in the Regional. My Old KY Home would lose in the Class A final to Lloyd Memorial.

 

1976 - Danville 21 Boyle 14 Danville finished the regular season 10-1 with their only loss to Henry Clay. Rebels finished 9-2 for the second straight year. Chris Jones returned a punt late in the game to set up short score for the win. Danville went on to be upset by Shelby County in AAA Regional while Boyle went to the CKC Bowl and defeated the same Henry Clay 28-27.

 

1982 - Danville 26 Boyle 14 Boyle was actually the favorite coming into that game. The Rebels would go on to upset Somerset (10-1) and win the District only to lose to Corbin in the AA Regional. Danville would lose in their District playoff. This game turned at halftime. If memory serves the Ads had a 13-7 Halftime lead. In that era both Marching Bands performed at halftime. But Coach Duffy argued that Boyle exceeded the Halftime Time Limit and the Refs threw a flag for 15 yards to start the 2nd half. Boyle received and with a high kick the Rebel returner was pinned at the 10, misplaying the kick and stepping out of bounds with it. Rebels soon turned it over deep. The Ads punched it in for a 20-7 lead. Boyle would cut it to 6 but run out of downs in the 4th. Then in the last minute, deep in their own territory, Boyle's Andy Baker threw a "pick 6" and the game was over.

 

1969 Boyle blocked a punt in Danville's endzone to win the game played on Centre College's field. Boyle had not won a game in 1967 or 1968. That was a great night and a great win. I was 4 years old. I don't remember alot of details, but I do remember being at the game and sitting on the visitor's side. And, I do remember the end of the game when the Rebels won. I am biased but I think the Boyle - Danville game is the best rivalry in the state.

  • Author
1969 Boyle blocked a punt in Danville's endzone to win the game played on Centre College's field. Boyle had not won a game in 1967 or 1968. That was a great night and a great win. I was 4 years old. I don't remember alot of details, but I do remember being at the game and sitting on the visitor's side. And, I do remember the end of the game when the Rebels won. I am biased but I think the Boyle - Danville game is the best rivalry in the state.

 

 

Easily the most intense rivalry I have been associated with and it extends beyond sports.

 

One wrongly worded post and this thread could go from 0-120-closed faster than we could blink. :lol:

Easily the most intense rivalry I have been associated with and it extends beyond sports.

 

One wrongly worded post and this thread could go from 0-120-closed faster than we could blink. :lol:

 

We're halfway there now.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.