Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville/Boyle County Predictions

Who will win this matchup? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this matchup?

    • Danville
      12%
    • Boyle County
      87%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I hope Danville beats Boyle!

  • Replies 103
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boyle Co wins this one. When was the last time Danville beat Boyle?

 

2007 I believe.

 

Since 1996 Boyle has won 12 of the 16 I believe.

The team that makes the least amount of mistakes will win this one.Danville will have to play almost mistake free to come out on top...

 

Last year the halftime score was Boyle 14 Danville 8 I believe. Then the floodgates opened in the 2nd half.

Boyle Co. 28-21.

It's still early, but both teams have yet to play their A game this season. Boyle doesn't have as much to overcome as Danville and can probably survive a couple of turnovers. The Ads hopes are a near perfect game and catching the Rebels being a little to careless with the football. Otherwise the outcome will most likely be same as in recent meetings between the two. I personally look for a great battle in the trenches.

That may be true but I'll always believe the last two Danville teams underachieved.

 

Definately so in 2010. Three key players off that team did not return last season. 2011 could have turned out quite different if those three had returned for their senior season.

  • Author

I think it has the chance to be the best game since that 2007 game. If it's close in the 4th I think anything goes.

  • Author
Definately so in 2010. Three key players off that team did not return last season. 2011 could have turned out quite different if those three had returned for their senior season.

 

That is true. I know one is Pepe. Who were the other two? Max Ray?

That is true. I know one is Pepe. Who were the other two? Max Ray?

 

Patrick Brand (as you mentioned), Rhodes Bell, and Andrew Lasure. Actually Andrew did not play his Junior season either. Brand did not return, Rhodes decided to concentrate on Wrestling (now at Lindsey Wilson) and Lasure focused on baseball (East Tennessee State).

 

This is what can make it difficult for Danville football. There are great athletes that wrestle, play soccer or baseball, that used to play football in Danville Youth or even middle school. These kids often pursue a sport that they feel better suits their skills (and rightfully so). Unfortunately the loss of these kids from the gridiron can be hard to overcome when the numbers are already low to begin with.

  • Author
I hope Danville beats Boyle!

 

:lol:

 

The back and forth you and I would have about Boyle and SK would be classic. :lol:

:lol:

 

The back and forth you and I would have about Boyle and SK would be classic. :lol:

 

BGP would break. :lol:

  • Author
Patrick Brand (as you mentioned), Rhodes Bell, and Andrew Lasure. Actually Andrew did not play his Junior season either. Brand did not return, Rhodes decided to concentrate on Wrestling (now at Lindsey Wilson) and Lasure focused on baseball (East Tennessee State).

 

This is what can make it difficult for Danville football. There are great athletes that wrestle, play soccer or baseball, that used to play football in Danville Youth or even middle school. These kids often pursue a sport that they feel better suits their skills (and rightfully so). Unfortunately the loss of these kids from the gridiron can be hard to overcome when the numbers are already low to begin with.

 

I had no idea Rhodes Bell didn't play. I just assumed he was out there. I'm late to the party on that one.

 

Lasure would have been a big help as well as Brand. I see what you are saying. I guess I expected more from Tryston, Marcus, Devante and that beefy O-Line.

 

I know the numbers are down for Danville. Does the attitude seem to be better than it was in 2010? Granted I am a whole lot closer to the BC program but in a small town you still hear all kinds of things. Was the 2010 attitude as toxic as it was made out to be and if so are things better now or is there still work to be done?

This could be the year Danville beats Boyle. Boyle has had there way for a while and have had good teams, but it hasn't always been that way, you never know when the tide will swing. BC does have a dominate edge the last 10 years or so but don't forget the DHS streak from 1980-1998 when Danville won evry meeting including playoff games. Just had to throw that in to make me feel better. :D I think BC should be favored. I do agree DHS will have to be without turnovers or no more than 2, but it seems BC has had turnover problems of their own so far. I feel a little better about DHS chances this year because I just don't see as dominate of players and defense BC has had in the past. Also, Danvile is showing more balance between run and pass about 50/50 yardage wise in the last game. If Danville can give Alcorn time I think he will complete some passes and Ace Ray did some big damage with big runs after the catch last week. I hope this will open up the running game. I know Danville has the ability to win, they just have to stay calm and focus. I'll take Danville 31 BC 28 with Danville's kicker winning it in the 4th Qtr with a long field goal. By the way, unless he just misses the ball on a kick off BC will be starting their drives from the 20 friday night.

Boyle by 3 TD's. I think it will be showtime for the rebels this friday night.

  • Author
This could be the year Danville beats Boyle. Boyle has had there way for a while and have had good teams, but it hasn't always been that way, you never know when the tide will swing. BC does have a dominate edge the last 10 years or so but don't forget the DHS streak from 1980-1998 when Danville won evry meeting including playoff games. Just had to throw that in to make me feel better. :D I think BC should be favored. I do agree DHS will have to be without turnovers or no more than 2, but it seems BC has had turnover problems of their own so far. I feel a little better about DHS chances this year because I just don't see as dominate of players and defense BC has had in the past. Also, Danvile is showing more balance between run and pass about 50/50 yardage wise in the last game. If Danville can give Alcorn time I think he will complete some passes and Ace Ray did some big damage with big runs after the catch last week. I hope this will open up the running game. I know Danville has the ability to win, they just have to stay calm and focus. I'll take Danville 31 BC 28 with Danville's kicker winning it in the 4th Qtr with a long field goal. By the way, unless he just misses the ball on a kick off BC will be starting their drives from the 20 friday night.

 

I hope he does kick it into the endzone. That'd be fine with me.

 

I think the Boyle defense will surprise you. I'm not trying to diss Danville but there is no way their offense is better than Highlands or Collins. Both of those teams are better at the offensive skill positions. Not saying this week will be a breeze for the Boyle defense but Danville will not be as challenging as these last two teams were.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.