Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Danville/Boyle County Predictions

Who will win this matchup? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this matchup?

    • Danville
      12%
    • Boyle County
      87%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This could be the year Danville beats Boyle. Boyle has had there way for a while and have had good teams, but it hasn't always been that way, you never know when the tide will swing. BC does have a dominate edge the last 10 years or so but don't forget the DHS streak from 1980-1998 when Danville won evry meeting including playoff games. Just had to throw that in to make me feel better. :D I think BC should be favored. I do agree DHS will have to be without turnovers or no more than 2, but it seems BC has had turnover problems of their own so far. I feel a little better about DHS chances this year because I just don't see as dominate of players and defense BC has had in the past. Also, Danvile is showing more balance between run and pass about 50/50 yardage wise in the last game. If Danville can give Alcorn time I think he will complete some passes and Ace Ray did some big damage with big runs after the catch last week. I hope this will open up the running game. I know Danville has the ability to win, they just have to stay calm and focus. I'll take Danville 31 BC 28 with Danville's kicker winning it in the 4th Qtr with a long field goal. By the way, unless he just misses the ball on a kick off BC will be starting their drives from the 20 friday night.

 

You should feel great about that streak. Because it's longer than it actually was.

 

It was 19 games I believe but from '80 to '96 when Boyle ended it in the Regional Final that season.

 

They played in the playoffs three times in '94, '95 and '96. The Rebels have been in the driver's seat of this series since that '96 meeting with Danville winning consecutive years only once ('06 and '07) since then. Longest streak for Boyle is the current four game ride since French arrived.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope he does kick it into the endzone. That'd be fine with me.

 

I think the Boyle defense will surprise you. I'm not trying to diss Danville but there is no way their offense is better than Highlands or Collins. Both of those teams are better at the offensive skill positions. Not saying this week will be a breeze for the Boyle defense but Danville will not be as challenging as these last two teams were.

I would agree about the DHS offense not being as strong as Highlands, But Collins I'm not sure about them, I haven't seen them play. Have you seen Danville play in a game this year? Their offense may surprise you! And I have seen the points being put on BC, past Boyle defenses would not have allowed those numbers, even from Highlands.

:

You should feel great about that streak. Because it's longer than it actually was.

 

It was 19 games I believe but from '80 to '96 when Boyle ended it in the Regional Final that season.

 

They played in the playoffs three times in '94, '95 and '96. The Rebels have been in the driver's seat of this series since that '96 meeting with Danville winning consecutive years only once ('06 and '07) since then. Longest streak for Boyle is the current four game ride since French arrived.

Hatz, the past and memories is all I can hang my hat on until Danville returns to glory, if ever.:D
I hope he does kick it into the endzone. That'd be fine with me.

 

I think the Boyle defense will surprise you. I'm not trying to diss Danville but there is no way their offense is better than Highlands or Collins. Both of those teams are better at the offensive skill positions. Not saying this week will be a breeze for the Boyle defense but Danville will not be as challenging as these last two teams were.

 

Maybe not, but if the Ads are half as good that gives them 3 TD's. I'll take 21 points against the Rebels and see where the chips fall. There are no surprises anymore between these two teams. Danville knows how good Boyle's defense is.

I had no idea Rhodes Bell didn't play. I just assumed he was out there. I'm late to the party on that one.

 

Lasure would have been a big help as well as Brand. I see what you are saying. I guess I expected more from Tryston, Marcus, Devante and that beefy O-Line.

 

I know the numbers are down for Danville. Does the attitude seem to be better than it was in 2010? Granted I am a whole lot closer to the BC program but in a small town you still hear all kinds of things. Was the 2010 attitude as toxic as it was made out to be and if so are things better now or is there still work to be done?

 

Funny what you hear in a small town huh? I would say that the attitude is where it should be two games into the season. A lot of youth outside of the linemen and QB. Let's hope senior leadership leads to big things.

I hope Danville beats Boyle!

 

Then that means SK could beat HHS. I get it!

If Boyle comes out with the power run, it will be over by the end of the 3rd.

 

Boyle 42

Danville 28

If Boyle comes out with the power run, it will be over by the end of the 3rd.

 

Boyle 42

Danville 28

I hope Boyle does come out and try to power it down Danville's throat. I think people will be surprised with DHS defense. What I like is they are showing more agression and attitude this year. If Boyle isn't able to throw the ball, I think BC is still favored but it won't be over in the 3rd qtr.:eyeonyou:
  • Author
Then that means SK could beat HHS. I get it!

 

For a half anyways....

  • Author
I would agree about the DHS offense not being as strong as Highlands, But Collins I'm not sure about them, I haven't seen them play. Have you seen Danville play in a game this year? Their offense may surprise you! And I have seen the points being put on BC, past Boyle defenses would not have allowed those numbers, even from Highlands.

 

 

I hope it does. We've been waiting 2 years to see Devante spread his wings and play the way we have expected him to play.

  • Author
I hope Boyle does come out and try to power it down Danville's throat. I think people will be surprised with DHS defense. What I like is they are showing more agression and attitude this year. If Boyle isn't able to throw the ball, I think BC is still favored but it won't be over in the 3rd qtr.:eyeonyou:

 

 

Fair enough. If Highlands and Collins can't stop us from running then why will Danville?

I hope it does. We've been waiting 2 years to see Devante spread his wings and play the way we have expected him to play.
He is playing better, he still tries to do too much at times, but he is really strong with the ball. If he has time and decent protection he is a lot more accurate than last year and gains confidence as the game progresses. I think anyone would agree that Boyle should win this game, But what about their defense and the number of points they have given up so far as I mentioned in my previous post?
  • Author
He is playing better, he still tries to do too much at times, but he is really strong with the ball. If he has time and decent protection he is a lot more accurate than last year and gains confidence as the game progresses. I think anyone would agree that Boyle should win this game, But what about their defense and the number of points they have given up so far as I mentioned in my previous post?

 

 

I know what has been our kryptonite thus far....but I'm not telling. :D:D

Fair enough. If Highlands and Collins can't stop us from running then why will Danville?
I never said Danville would stop Boyle from running, But I don't think it will be over at the end of the 3rd Qtr., because Boyle is going to run over Danville.
  • Author
I never said Danville would stop Boyle from running, But I don't think it will be over at the end of the 3rd Qtr., because Boyle is going to run over Danville.

 

Gotcha.

 

I hope it goes down to the wire. Our depth worries me and I'd like to see how they perform in a tight game late in the 4th quarter when they are gassed.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.