Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Email to Matt Jones

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'm still a little confused as to why you posted your e-mail on here.

 

Let me ask you this? Do you honestly feel Matt feels the way he does, or is it possible he just does it because he knows exactly what it takes to get huge traffic to his site, and tons of callers to his show. You've already shown how smart he is. IMO he's just a smart businessman that uses the rabid UK fan base to make lots of money.

 

The former. A lot of smart people can't be smart when it comes to their team. He shows that on Twitter.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
1. Your WAG was only off by about 20 or so.

 

2. So technically it was and upset yet Jones was hung up on the technicality of it being not being called an upset. Hey, Clyde you might not want to call him out on logical debate.:lol:

 

3. Whose thoughts do you use as a basis for anything? Do you have a direct line to the players and coaches? All of us are fans of something or someone to some degree, even you I would assume.

 

1. My WAG being off reflects my level of listening to his show. Again, congrats to him.

 

2. My argument is quite logical if you heard the interview and had 1/2 a brain to understand the point being made. Matt (and apparently your) argument is that is you're #1 any time you get beat it's an upset. Technically, true. In reality, there are a lot of good teams that can beat the #1 team at home and it not be a shocker (ie upset) to those with intelligence.

 

3. If I used the avg fan or avg BGPer as my mentor to understanding sports I would be fortunate to put sentences together and one foot in front of the other. They're fans. As to your question, I use my own well-developed brain.

Edited by gold sunrise

  • Author

To me he seems pretty much as is. I think he and I are polar opposites when it comes to personalities but I have great admiration for what he has built. Acctually I'm a bit jealous, he is making a living off UK sports. Living the dream.

 

 

My email said the same. I respect the biz he's built EVEN if it's at the expense of many who are not able to think independently.

Logic and reason do not prevail on radio talk show.....

or on BGP.....

Clyde you are too much of a thinking man for this audience. :popcorn:

  • Author
Logic and reason do not prevail on radio talk show.....

or on BGP.....

Clyde you are too much of a thinking man for this audience. :popcorn:

 

My criticism , to be clear, is of people as "fans" and their ability to be rational as opposed to their overall intelligence (except for LRCW:D).

I think it's an upset IU perspective, no more, no less.

The fact that you mention UK fans disliking Bob Knight as a sign of them being irrational, throws any other argument you have out the window.

 

There is ZERO doubt Knight hates Kentucky. The man wouldn't say Kentucky or Anthony Davis on air for a huge part of the season. If you can't accept that as anti-UK bias, then you're as blind as anyone.

 

Is Jones over the top? Sure, but so what?

 

People get so caught up in not being the "crazy fan" or "18%" that they go too far the other way.

I listen to Matt whenever I can. I think he's entertaining and usually has some good UK bb scoop. As long as he's on IHeart radio which is how I listen, no telling how many people are listening.

  • Author
The fact that you mention UK fans disliking Bob Knight as a sign of them being irrational, throws any other argument you have out the window.

 

There is ZERO doubt Knight hates Kentucky. .

 

Who the hell cares?

My criticism , to be clear, is of people as "fans" and their ability to be rational as opposed to their overall intelligence (except for LRCW:D).

 

 

I don't care who hates Kentucky. My intelligence level however has always been questioned. :lol:

  • Author
I don't care who hates Kentucky. My intelligence level however has always been questioned. :lol:

 

I did have to wait in quite a long line to participate.

Logic and reason do not prevail on radio talk show.....

or on BGP.....

Clyde you are too much of a thinking man for this audience. :popcorn:

 

The difference on BGP is it is a fair fight among everyone and you have to back up your position. To me, while entertaining, talk radio is such a lesser medium for serious debate.

So the guy with the "well developed brain" wants Matt Jones to have a talk show that goes against every logical/intelligent format. Please tell me one talk show that doesn't appeal to the over zealous. Hannity, Rush, the quacks on Air America, name any of them.

 

I still don't get that IU beating UK was technically an upset but really wasn't an upset. ESPN and every sports outlet in a America refered to it as an upset. I understand how someone could find Jones to be an annoyance but I still find the show to be very entertaining.

The fact that you mention UK fans disliking Bob Knight as a sign of them being irrational, throws any other argument you have out the window.

 

There is ZERO doubt Knight hates Kentucky. The man wouldn't say Kentucky or Anthony Davis on air for a huge part of the season. If you can't accept that as anti-UK bias, then you're as blind as anyone.

 

Is Jones over the top? Sure, but so what?

 

People get so caught up in not being the "crazy fan" or "18%" that they go too far the other way.

And KSR blatantly made up stories to fuel this...and then when called out for the error, did nothing to retract it.

Indiana beating Kentucky might have looked like an upset on paper but I was there and I'm telling you, I knew how good Kentucky really was when they still almost won.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.