Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Email to Matt Jones

Featured Replies

You're reinforcing the image that UK fans are too concerned about what others think of them. It's unbecoming. It makes us look petty and childish. "He doesn't like me, mommy."

 

UK fans are too concerned, so thats why the national media all reported on it?

 

You have a point, but you're totally ruining it by being equally or more irrational than the people you're complaining about.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Well... umm... YOU?

 

You did email Matt Jones, right? And then start a thread on BGP, right? And Bobby Knight was included, right?

 

 

Correct. And you are Example #1 of who I'm talking about. You get your feelings hurt because some talking head doesn't like UK. As I asked - who the hell cares? Matt Jones is playing to YOU because he knows you are an easy touch. That's my point.

  • Author
UK fans are too concerned, so thats why the national media all reported on it?

 

You have a point, but you're totally ruining it by being equally or more irrational than the people you're complaining about.

 

The national media reported on it. Why? Because it tore up Twitter and the blogosphere? Why did it do that? Because people like you got their feelings hurt and went online to say how unfair it was even though it has ZERO bearing on anything UK. When Bob is able to somehow keep UK out of the tournament call me. You'll finally have a valid reason. The rest of this is embarrassing.

Correct. And you are Example #1 of who I'm talking about. You get your feelings hurt because some talking head doesn't like UK. As I asked - who the hell cares? Matt Jones is playing to YOU because he knows you are an easy touch. That's my point.

 

:lol:

 

You got me. I'm totally the emotional and irrational person in this thread.

The national media reported on it. Why? Because it tore up Twitter and the blogosphere? Why did it do that? Because people like you got their feelings hurt and went online to say how unfair it was even though it has ZERO bearing on anything UK.

 

You're on a roll! Everything is a Matt Jones conspiracy!

This is what you've got? I'm fairly certain the truth is in the middle here. Bobby listed some "top teams" in college basketball and didn't mention the #1 (or maybe #2 at the time?) school in Kentucky. So no, he didn't give a "top 5", but he did leave out UK.

 

If this was a single incident with Knight, then sure, chalk it up to a meaningless omission. However, he clearly proved he was unwilling to even mention Kentucky on air. So while KSR's assertion wasn't 100% correct, they were absolutely correct that Knight was intentionally trying to ignore Kentucky. When he's being paid to be one of ESPN's top on air analysts, this is a problem, and unprecedented among real media.

 

And this was sort of national news, not just some KSR witch hunt.

 

Bob Knight refused to say

ESPN's Bob Knight won't refer to Kentucky by name

Bobby Knight Still Won’t Talk About Kentucky, Not Even When You Try Him on His Cell Phone | The Big Lead

Bob Knight dislikes Kentucky -- it's transparent - CBSSports.com

Bobby Knight refuses to say the word "Kentucky" - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News

Bobby Knight Refuses to Say ‘Kentucky’ | WebProNews

Bob Knight won't say 'Kentucky'

It's going to be awkward for ESPN and Bob Knight if Kentucky wins the NCAA Tournament

 

Not to mention Knight 100% lied about UK players not attending 2nd semester classes at a luncheon in Indiana. If you're such a stickler for getting the facts right, why don't you have a beef with Bobby?

 

Bob Knight falsely blasts Kentucky’s 2009-10 Elite Eight team - The Dagger - NCAAB*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Bob Knight apologizes to Kentucky for saying players did not attend class - ESPN

Bob Knight says Kentucky starters didn't go to class in spring of 2010 | Basketball: Men | Kentucky.com

First of all you have WAYYYY too much time on your hands and thank you for proving Clyde's point.

 

Second of all, the blatantly made up a headline, falsified a story and then when called out on it, never changed or owned up to it.

 

Credibility, lost. Forever. Make up one story just to pander to your gullible readers to egg them on and get them riled up when it's obviously not true, you lose any and all credibility you ever hoped to have to anyone who is not a blind sheep following your every word.

CATFIGHT!!!!!!!!:scared::scared::scared::scared:

 

 

:lol::lol:

 

:popcorn:

This thread is crazy. People on here really think that UK Super fans get upset about this stuff and call us (me) the 18%'ers or whatever...........are you serious?? I LOVE people that HATE UK Basketball. I am not kidding one bit. Flat out LOVE THEM. Most times they are misinformed, not factual, emotional, jealous and just plain wannabe's. They make me laugh. I don't get upset, I laugh at them. There will always be haters when you are on top, ALWAYS. BGP is a great place to start. Lots of Haters here. I cross paths with them all the time and I love it. Folks just need to relax. UK fans are a special breed. Haters keep hatin. Lately, Cal is bringin out the best of the haters. It's been fun.

You think Richie will go for 30 tonight? I'll hang up and listen to what you have to say.

You think Richie will go for 30 tonight? I'll hang up and listen to what you have to say.

 

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

First of all you have WAYYYY too much time on your hands and thank you for proving Clyde's point.

 

Second of all, the blatantly made up a headline, falsified a story and then when called out on it, never changed or owned up to it.

 

Credibility, lost. Forever. Make up one story just to pander to your gullible readers to egg them on and get them riled up when it's obviously not true, you lose any and all credibility you ever hoped to have to anyone who is not a blind sheep following your every word.

 

:lol: You guys are awesome. I present evidence, and the fact that I took the time to do it proves your point? :lol:

 

And by the way, those articles are all first page google results for "bob knight won't say kentucky" I didn't spend hours scouring the web for them.

You think Richie will go for 30 tonight? I'll hang up and listen to what you have to say.

 

Those calls are legendary. :lol:

:lol: You guys are awesome. I present evidence, and the fact that I took the time to do it proves your point? :lol:

 

And by the way, those articles are all first page google results for "bob knight won't say kentucky" I didn't spend hours scouring the web for them.

Ok you win. Go big blue!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.