Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier has expelled Dez Wells

Featured Replies

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS

 

Xavier has expelled Dez Wells, per statement. Brutal blow to Chris Mack and Musketeers.

 

 

 

That's gonna leave a mark.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS

 

Xavier has expelled Dez Wells, per statement. Brutal blow to Chris Mack and Musketeers.

 

 

That's gonna leave a mark.

 

 

 

Is he one of the players that was involved in the big fight with UC last year?

  • Author
Is he one of the players that was involved in the big fight with UC last year?

 

Yes, he was suspended 4 games I believe.

Color me shocked... NOT.

What the...?

Called a "serious violation of the University Code of Conduct" by the University Conduct Board.

 

They declined to get into any more specifics.

What the...?

 

I figured you would have the whole story.

Lyons out, Wells out, Holloway gone, Freese graduated. Yep, I'd pretty much say they're screwed.......

Lyons out, Wells out, Holloway gone, Freese graduated. Yep, I'd pretty much say they're screwed.......

 

I wouldn't go that far. They have a seemingly good class coming in and still keep a few of their main players.

I figured you would have the whole story.

 

I was out all day today. No time for updates.

Wells is a NBA talent on the wing and he was going to be the face of the program for 2-3 years, so any way you slice it this is a huge blow for X. Their recruiting class is solid, but the ranking was more about having one very good player in Semaj Christon and some decent talent to go along with him. It is going to be a rough year in Norwood.

 

As for the expulsion, X didn't really have a choice as a University. They are under federal investigation for covering up sex crimes on campus, and letting a high profile basketball player slide in a similar situation was not going to be in their best interest even if no charges were filed...

Wells is a NBA talent on the wing and he was going to be the face of the program for 2-3 years, so any way you slice it this is a huge blow for X. Their recruiting class is solid, but the ranking was more about having one very good player in Semaj Christon and some decent talent to go along with him. It is going to be a rough year in Norwood.

 

As for the expulsion, X didn't really have a choice as a University. They are under federal investigation for covering up sex crimes on campus, and letting a high profile basketball player slide in a similar situation was not going to be in their best interest even if no charges were filed...

 

I obviously know way less about this story than you and you didn't divulge too much info. However, it's a shame that someone can get kicked off of a team and out of a school if no criminal charges are filed. I'm not saying this is the case here, but there are a lot of times a girl cries assault when that wasn't the case. I also realize there are a lot of times an assault is covered up and probably way more times an assault isn't even reported. I don't want to sound like I'm blaming the possible victim here it's just a shame if in fact he did nothing wrong that the University covering up stuff in the past may have cost him. Of course if he did anything wrong it's a much bigger shame charges weren't filed.

Not really surprised at all.....they'll fill that void with another player that will get kicked off campus a little later on!!!!

Did Mack coach for Bobby Huggins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.