Xavier has expelled Dez Wells

HammerTime

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanCBS

Xavier has expelled Dez Wells, per statement. Brutal blow to Chris Mack and Musketeers.

That's gonna leave a mark.

Is he one of the players that was involved in the big fight with UC last year?

Wells is a NBA talent on the wing and he was going to be the face of the program for 2-3 years, so any way you slice it this is a huge blow for X. Their recruiting class is solid, but the ranking was more about having one very good player in Semaj Christon and some decent talent to go along with him. It is going to be a rough year in Norwood.

As for the expulsion, X didn't really have a choice as a University. They are under federal investigation for covering up sex crimes on campus, and letting a high profile basketball player slide in a similar situation was not going to be in their best interest even if no charges were filed...

Wells is a NBA talent on the wing and he was going to be the face of the program for 2-3 years, so any way you slice it this is a huge blow for X. Their recruiting class is solid, but the ranking was more about having one very good player in Semaj Christon and some decent talent to go along with him. It is going to be a rough year in Norwood.

As for the expulsion, X didn't really have a choice as a University. They are under federal investigation for covering up sex crimes on campus, and letting a high profile basketball player slide in a similar situation was not going to be in their best interest even if no charges were filed...

I obviously know way less about this story than you and you didn't divulge too much info. However, it's a shame that someone can get kicked off of a team and out of a school if no criminal charges are filed. I'm not saying this is the case here, but there are a lot of times a girl cries assault when that wasn't the case. I also realize there are a lot of times an assault is covered up and probably way more times an assault isn't even reported. I don't want to sound like I'm blaming the possible victim here it's just a shame if in fact he did nothing wrong that the University covering up stuff in the past may have cost him. Of course if he did anything wrong it's a much bigger shame charges weren't filed.