Xavier has expelled Dez Wells

HammerTime

I Think Dez Wells was railroaded, no doubt about it. I really wish he were still there. I'm a huge X fan and Dez Well fan.

The problem with his law suit is this. He openly admitted to having consensual sex and drinking alcohol under age in the dorm. Both are violations of the Code of Conduct that he signed. Both violations (especially added together) are valid reasons for punishment including dismissal from the University. Since he agreed to that by signing the code of Conduct he is in a tenious position. This type of punishment has precedent both at Xavier as well as other Universities (BYU for example).

Where Xavier has a problem is that the accuser of the Sexual assault also admitted to violations of the Code of Conduct and she was not dismissed. However, she claims that the Sexual liasion was not consensual, so perhaps that is the difference. I am very curious to see if the accusor is also named in the lawsuit.

A) if it is proven that Xavier expelled him for, in your words, consensual sex in a dorm and underage drinking, the school will have 459 students next semester. Total.

B) he did agree to a code of conduct, however, the way this was handled was in sharp contrast to how the botched sexual assault case was handled a couple of years prior. That makes this situation look like a knee-jerk over-reaction (which it probably was).

C) She was not named in the suit at this point.

D) It will come out that Dez' attornies offered up a settlement four months ago and the school declined on the grounds they did nothing wrong. That, in my opinion, is going to make them look pig-headed and stubborn.

I think case will end very, very poorly for Xavier University, both in the court of public opinion (for sure) and the Federal Court it is tried in (if it makes it to trial).

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic