August 31, 201214 yr Not sure how big the check is when players arrive at UK. Haven't heard any complaints about how big the checks are when they finish at UK and move on to the next level. Even Jorts got paid. :thumb: :thumb:
August 31, 201214 yr I'd assume that had Dez decided to commit he would have been taken by Cal. True. I'm just confused as to how his classes and the drop date come into play. Seems weird.
August 31, 201214 yr Deferred payments issue was a big hangup. Heard they couldn't get the color Mercedes he wanted...
August 31, 201214 yr Heard they couldn't get the color Mercedes he wanted... Heard he wanted Xavier blue. Having a hard time letting go.....
August 31, 201214 yr Heard he wanted Xavier blue. Having a hard time letting go..... Nah. All the ones at Xavier come in the same color...
September 10, 201214 yr Things might be getting worse for X...heard Jaylen Reynolds and Myles Davis are ineligible...Clyde?
September 15, 201214 yr Things might be getting worse for X...heard Jaylen Reynolds and Myles Davis are ineligible...Clyde? Now official. Odd situation for Davis. NCAA denies eligibility to Myles Davis and Sam Cassell's kid - CBSSports.com
November 8, 201213 yr Dez has been ruled eligible for this season at Maryland. This is huge for Maryland and he will likely play vs the Cats thus week.
August 21, 201313 yr Dez has filed suit against X. Dez Wells files lawsuit against Xavier, demands apology - ESPN
August 21, 201313 yr ........Good for Dez, Xavier is going to be crushed in Federal Court (and the public's eye) and they deserve every ounce of it. As much as I do root for their Men's Basketball Team, this case was obviously handled so poorly, and Xavier's responses have been so filled with prideful stubbornness, I'm thrilled he is going to get the chance to clear his name, get his pound of flesh, and probably a bucket-ful of "damages" as well.
August 21, 201313 yr I Think Dez Wells was railroaded, no doubt about it. I really wish he were still there. I'm a huge X fan and Dez Well fan. The problem with his law suit is this. He openly admitted to having consensual sex and drinking alcohol under age in the dorm. Both are violations of the Code of Conduct that he signed. Both violations (especially added together) are valid reasons for punishment including dismissal from the University. Since he agreed to that by signing the code of Conduct he is in a tenious position. This type of punishment has precedent both at Xavier as well as other Universities (BYU for example). Where Xavier has a problem is that the accuser of the Sexual assault also admitted to violations of the Code of Conduct and she was not dismissed. However, she claims that the Sexual liasion was not consensual, so perhaps that is the difference. I am very curious to see if the accusor is also named in the lawsuit.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.