If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

theguru

If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

• Yes, it will be an upset
    • No, it will not be an upset

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity-41

St. X-6

Trinity-42

St. X-6

Trinity-62

Scott County-21

St. X scored 12 points in 8 quarters against Trinity. Scott County scored 21 in 4 quarters.

As I said, I think an argument(key word is argument) can be made that Scott County may be better than St. X based off of last year's results.

Please don't take this a a shot at Highlands because it's not meant as such. I have a huge amount of respect for their program and really admire the fact that they are willing to scrimmage Trinity. That said I really felt like this Highlands team made some very uncharacteristic mistakes and didn't seem as fundamentally sound as they have been in the past. Scott will give them fits just with their athletes. Highlands will be better coached and if they do get behind won't panic or bag it.

All that said if Scott wins it's an upset in my book because Scoot doesn't have a great history against the elites of KY and Highlands is definitely one of the elites.

Trinity-41

St. X-6

Trinity-42

St. X-6

Trinity-62

Scott County-21

St. X scored 12 points in 8 quarters against Trinity. Scott County scored 21 in 4 quarters.

As I said, I think an argument(key word is argument) can be made that Scott County may be better than St. X based off of last year's results.

Did you check those links? And you're not mentioning the fact that Scott gave up 62 points. Can you imagine the point differential if they played twice.

Highlands will have to get an extra man in the box on Friday, or hope for turnovers like they got this past Friday night. They could not force three and outs until Boyle was behind and had to abandon the wishbone (which they did of their choice??? after that fateful first possession of the second half) and had to pass. If Scott Co. makes their living between the tackles, they have a chance to control the flow of the game.

Question is will Highlands stick with have 3 LB's...the middle backer was what helped them stop the run on Friday night in the 2nd half.

My answer to this thread is NO.

Scott Co is a rising program and has earned the respect of the state. Their pure size and strength in numbers presents a lot of problems for the Birds.

Dale made this schedule out for a reason.....Number 6 in a row !!! But the Birds expect to win...you can bet on that.