If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

theguru

If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

• Yes, it will be an upset
    • No, it will not be an upset

And furthermore, if Dale says he like this bunch then I'm pretty sure that he is qualified enough to feel that way. I am pretty sure he has earned the right for His assessments. I trust his opinion over any on here or elsewhere about HIS team.

Again, good luck to your boys and I hope they have a fantastic year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And furthermore, if Dale says he like this bunch then I'm pretty sure that he is qualified enough to feel that way. I am pretty sure he has earned the right for His assessments. I trust his opinion over any on here or elsewhere about HIS team.

Again, good luck to your boys and I hope they have a fantastic year.

Your's too, except this week! Ha Ha!

I think you have me pegged wrong. I'm not a fan of either of the teams mentioned. I was just giving my honest perspective from what I have seen and feel. I'm not a SC fan or Highlands. But I have respect for both programs.

got it!

I know you didn't say it. Just a lot of perception across these forums that HHS is not where they have been in the last 4-5 years. It was kind of a shot at them, not you.

I'm not saying the talent level is up or down, but I know it's early and Dale is very excited about this team for some reason. So I have to think he knows why. You don't see any of their names on any recruiting lists or top players, yet Dale thinks this team can be special. Being special may take time for a team without superstars to carry them early.

Time will tell regardless what happens this week.

I saw a website a couple weeks ago that had 6 HHS Juniors in the Top 40 of Greater Cincinnati in 2013...The junior class is extremely deep and talented.

I saw a website a couple weeks ago that had 6 HHS Juniors in the Top 40 of Greater Cincinnati in 2013...The junior class is extremely deep and talented.

Was that for the top 40 juniors or for all the kids this year too. I know the junior class is loaded. My point is no superstars this year (top 10) to carry us until the entire team catches up.

Was that for the top 40 juniors or for all the kids this year too. I know the junior class is loaded. My point is no superstars this year (top 10) to carry us until the entire team catches up.

Of the 21 state title teams , how many had superstars ? Sure their are years when Highlands had superstars, but more often than not, the state title teams consisted of a TEAM full of kids with one goal in mind and that was a state championship. I could name dozens of these so called "superstars" but I also remember the other players that made these players superstars.The ones that played in the NFL, and the ones going to big college programs are easiest to remember,but also remember the great high school players that didn't get the D1 scholly, and maybe didn't go to college at all. We all like to see the kids names on something as simple as a newspaper article or on BGP, it's great for everyone involved from the cheerleaders to the faculty.Just in recent history people were talking about a mediocre Highlands team, all they did was run the table and win a state trophy. Give me a team that will work hard and together as a team, and you can have your one or two superstars. If this team brings home another state title, ALL of these kids, like the others, will be superstars as well.

Of the 21 state title teams , how many had superstars ? Sure their are years when Highlands had superstars, but more often than not, the state title teams consisted of a TEAM full of kids with one goal in mind and that was a state championship. I could name dozens of these so called "superstars" but I also remember the other players that made these players superstars.The ones that played in the NFL, and the ones going to big college programs are easiest to remember,but also remember the great high school players that didn't get the D1 scholly, and maybe didn't go to college at all. We all like to see the kids names on something as simple as a newspaper article or on BGP, it's great for everyone involved from the cheerleaders to the faculty.Just in recent history people were talking about a mediocre Highlands team, all they did was run the table and win a state trophy. Give me a team that will work hard and together as a team, and you can have your one or two superstars. If this team brings home another state title, ALL of these kids, like the others, will be superstars as well.

I would say a lot of them had their version of superstars. Just on another thread, they were talking about when was the last time you didn't have a Highlands or Boyle player showing up on the top 25 list in the state. They couldn't really recall when that might have been.

Wasn't attacking the bluebird nation at all, I went there, have daughters there and am still a big fan. Just saying this team is full of good football players, but they don't have the "big" name that is expected to carry them like they have in the past. I'm sure 1, 2 or even 10 may jump out by year's end. Just saying that since they are platooning, it may take them a little longer to be where I'm sure they will end up. But in the past they have had some key players to put them on their shoulders and get them through the gelling process at the beginning of the year so slower starts weren't as noticeable. Not putting anyone down or saying the all suck. If you would look at one of my other posts, I think you'd see how much I admire the work ethic of every player that goes through the system. Have a ton of respect for every kid.

I would say a lot of them had their version of superstars. Just on another thread, they were talking about when was the last time you didn't have a Highlands or Boyle player showing up on the top 25 list in the state. They couldn't really recall when that might have been.

Wasn't attacking the bluebird nation at all, I went there, have daughters there and am still a big fan. Just saying this team is full of good football players, but they don't have the "big" name that is expected to carry them like they have in the past. I'm sure 1, 2 or even 10 may jump out by year's end. Just saying that since they are platooning, it may take them a little longer to be where I'm sure they will end up. But in the past they have had some key players to put them on their shoulders and get them through the gelling process at the beginning of the year so slower starts weren't as noticeable. Not putting anyone down or saying the all suck. If you would look at one of my other posts, I think you'd see how much I admire the work ethic of every player that goes through the system. Have a ton of respect for every kid.

I didn't take your post as an attack on highlands or it's football program. Just saying everyone on those state teams earned that trophy and they all should get equal recognition by their fans, friends and family. Obviously the more gifted or should I say fortunate ones that get a free ride in college for playing football have earned that because of their dedication and their god gifted talent and physical traits. I'm happy for the ones that get the free college ride and I'm also just as happy for the players hard work to bring home the state title.

Trotwood Madison had 8 or 9 legit D1 players a while back, Highlands beat them and that was before the platoon system at HHS.Just making a point of teamwork. Go Birds!!!!!

Love both teams in this game. Wish I was going to be there. But Scott Counties eventual victory over the Birds will not and should no be considered an upset. Two relatively even matched team. Should be a great Ball game.

The poll is pretty close and some of the posts suggest this game is even.

In the contest where money is on the line - the BGP year long contest - the current selection total HHS - 56 Scott Co - 8

I think that speaks volumes as to what posters really think - a Scott Co win would be a big upset.