Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset? 78 members have voted

  1. 1. If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

    • Yes, it will be an upset
      60%
    • No, it will not be an upset
      39%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I voted no.

 

Scott County is Manstown and this is the weakest Highlands team I have seen in years. I would go as far to say Scott County is a favorite in this game.

 

Upset or not if Scott County wins the game? Why?

  • Replies 82
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't say it would be an upset.

It shouldn't be an upset but it will be considered one simply because of the names on their chests.

 

 

If Highlands wins I can hear the 'stick with basketball comments' coming from the Fort.

 

You say Scott County is the favorite. If Highlands wins is it an upset?

I voted yes only because I think it will be considered an upset by the masses. I don't think it should be considered an upset when Scott County wins.

  • Author
Highlands is the favorite against any KY school not named St. X or Trinity. I'll have that mindset until Highlands loses.

 

Is that a mindset or a reality?

Highlands is the favorite against any KY school not named St. X or Trinity. I'll have that mindset until Highlands loses.

 

Aw, come on Thrillville!! Don't do it. Stay strong! Stay strong!!!!!

This is a VERY INTERESTING match up! The 4A title holder vs the 6A runner up. Anybody know what Scott has coming back? I'd rate this matchup as a toss up!

I voted Yes simply because Ryle has been the only team to beat Highlands (it seems like in the last 5 to 6 years). For Highland to lose IMO is an upset.

  • Author
I voted Yes simply because Ryle has been the only team to beat Highlands (it seems like in the last 5 to 6 years). For Highland to lose IMO is an upset.

 

That sounds like perception Reb. And when Ryle beat them Highlands didn't go all out to win the game...

How so Ru? Did they have starters benched? Did they not run their QB?

Highlands is the favorite against any KY school not named St. X or Trinity. I'll have that mindset until Highlands loses.

 

Agreed! Hard to go against them, even if they are finding themselves right now. But they have had two great tests the last two weeks. I'm not sure what they were able to figure out against Trinity, because it's tough to analyze anything when you are completely dominated. But I'm sure they took something from that and I'm sure the Boyle game provided plenty of opportunities to improve against a proven opponent.

 

Come on, how do you expect us to compete against the big 6A school? We're just tiny lil Ft Thomas with our tiny little population...Just getting this out of the way and creating an excuse if we lose! Ha ha.

In reading the BGP preview of Scott County, it seems that Scott County has been a program that gets better as the season progresses. If this holds true for this year, and with the game being at Highlands, I'd kinda have to think Highlands would either be the favorite or it would be a toss-up.

 

It sounds like Highlands was pretty shaky for the first half of the Boyle County game, but keep in mind that Boyle County was ranked either 3rd or 4th in 4A coming into the season. Also, Highlands managed to put up 50+ points and won by a margin (21 points) that was exactly the same as the margin of Highlands' win against Boyle County last year. So, if Highlands is considered to be down from last year (which is what the guru claimed, saying it was the weakest HHS squad he's seen in awhile), then I guess Boyle County must be equally down from last year, right???

 

The biggest predictor of future outcomes is previous outcomes, and with that in mind, I agree with the other poster who said that at this point in time, Highlands should be considered the "favorite" against any KY team not named Trinity or St. X when playing at home.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.