If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

theguru

If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

• Yes, it will be an upset
    • No, it will not be an upset

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Yes simply because Ryle has been the only team to beat Highlands (it seems like in the last 5 to 6 years). For Highland to lose IMO is an upset.

That sounds like perception Reb. And when Ryle beat them Highlands didn't go all out to win the game...

Highlands is the favorite against any KY school not named St. X or Trinity. I'll have that mindset until Highlands loses.

Agreed! Hard to go against them, even if they are finding themselves right now. But they have had two great tests the last two weeks. I'm not sure what they were able to figure out against Trinity, because it's tough to analyze anything when you are completely dominated. But I'm sure they took something from that and I'm sure the Boyle game provided plenty of opportunities to improve against a proven opponent.

Come on, how do you expect us to compete against the big 6A school? We're just tiny lil Ft Thomas with our tiny little population...Just getting this out of the way and creating an excuse if we lose! Ha ha.

In reading the BGP preview of Scott County, it seems that Scott County has been a program that gets better as the season progresses. If this holds true for this year, and with the game being at Highlands, I'd kinda have to think Highlands would either be the favorite or it would be a toss-up.

It sounds like Highlands was pretty shaky for the first half of the Boyle County game, but keep in mind that Boyle County was ranked either 3rd or 4th in 4A coming into the season. Also, Highlands managed to put up 50+ points and won by a margin (21 points) that was exactly the same as the margin of Highlands' win against Boyle County last year. So, if Highlands is considered to be down from last year (which is what the guru claimed, saying it was the weakest HHS squad he's seen in awhile), then I guess Boyle County must be equally down from last year, right???

The biggest predictor of future outcomes is previous outcomes, and with that in mind, I agree with the other poster who said that at this point in time, Highlands should be considered the "favorite" against any KY team not named Trinity or St. X when playing at home.