If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

theguru

If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If Scott County beats Highlands will it be considered an upset?

• Yes, it will be an upset
    • No, it will not be an upset

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reading the BGP preview of Scott County, it seems that Scott County has been a program that gets better as the season progresses. If this holds true for this year, and with the game being at Highlands, I'd kinda have to think Highlands would either be the favorite or it would be a toss-up.

It sounds like Highlands was pretty shaky for the first half of the Boyle County game, but keep in mind that Boyle County was ranked either 3rd or 4th in 4A coming into the season. Also, Highlands managed to put up 50+ points and won by a margin (21 points) that was exactly the same as the margin of Highlands' win against Boyle County last year. So, if Highlands is considered to be down from last year (which is what the guru claimed, saying it was the weakest HHS squad he's seen in awhile), then I guess Boyle County must be equally down from last year, right???

The biggest predictor of future outcomes is previous outcomes, and with that in mind, I agree with the other poster who said that at this point in time, Highlands should be considered the "favorite" against any KY team not named Trinity or St. X when playing at home.

Boyle County is about as good as they were last year. Plus or minus a hair. I expect the season to play out similarly to last year but I do think we have a better opportunity to go further this year. LexCath has become my 4A favorite to win state after seeing Highlands last Friday.

Boyle County was officially done once the score became 35-24 Highlands. I told RunToState it was over when the score was 28-24 Highlands. You could see it and feel it. Highlands was much better looking at this point last year and I expected to see a much better Highlands team and was not expecting to see Boyle spank Highlands the way they did for a half. A better team than Boyle(Scott County) will beat Highlands.

In reading the BGP preview of Scott County, it seems that Scott County has been a program that gets better as the season progresses. If this holds true for this year, and with the game being at Highlands, I'd kinda have to think Highlands would either be the favorite or it would be a toss-up.

It sounds like Highlands was pretty shaky for the first half of the Boyle County game, but keep in mind that Boyle County was ranked either 3rd or 4th in 4A coming into the season. Also, Highlands managed to put up 50+ points and won by a margin (21 points) that was exactly the same as the margin of Highlands' win against Boyle County last year. So, if Highlands is considered to be down from last year (which is what the guru claimed, saying it was the weakest HHS squad he's seen in awhile), then I guess Boyle County must be equally down from last year, right???

The biggest predictor of future outcomes is previous outcomes, and with that in mind, I agree with the other poster who said that at this point in time, Highlands should be considered the "favorite" against any KY team not named Trinity or St. X when playing at home.

T is lightyears ahead of everyone else. Scott however, may be closer to X than given credit for.

Now I just know you're throwing that out there to get generate some arguments! Highlands always goes all out to win a game.

We can agree to disagree in this one case. I don't want to derail the thread and probably shouldn't have revealed that here.

I say if Scott County wins it will be an upset. HHS expects to win every game and yes Trinity proves that we have plenty of room for improvement. Dale and company will have the boys ready. Certainly the program hates to lose but by playoff time they will be ready! Just look at the HHS vs blue boys part two last season. Quite a coach and staff they have. FTJFL gets them ready but HHS takes those boys to a different level. I told my boy that soon you can see why Pops mentions that the master motivator is coming you will be mesmerized so much that you will sit front row and try and catch spit lol.

I say if Scott County wins it will be an upset. HHS expects to win every game and yes Trinity proves that we have plenty of room for improvement. Dale and company will have the boys ready. Certainly the program hates to lose but by playoff time they will be ready! Just look at the HHS vs blue boys part two last season. Quite a coach and staff they have. FTJFL gets them ready but HHS takes those boys to a different level. I told my boy that soon you can see why Pops mentions that the master motivator is coming you will be mesmerized so much that you will sit front row and try and catch spit lol.

So somehow Highlands expects to win every game more than Scott County and therefore it would be an upset!?

So somehow Highlands expects to win every game more than Scott County and therefore it would be an upset!?

I say STATE CHAMP until proven otherwise! I am sure this is going to be close and HHS has work to do. But to be the man you have to beat the man.

I say STATE CHAMP until proven otherwise! I am sure this is going to be close and HHS has work to do. But to be the man you have to beat the man.

I guess no one in Fort Thomas will be the man then because the man will be in Tennessee Friday night.

RU, I think all good teams expect to win when they take the field and execute their game plan. Highlands will make adjustments to their game plan to win. Scott County would also fall into that category, when those helmets go on they expect to win.

Friday will be a great test for both teams. They will see where they stand against a really good team & where they need to improve. The ultimate goal for Highlands and I assume Scott County is State Champs.

Highlands will have to get an extra man in the box on Friday, or hope for turnovers like they got this past Friday night. They could not force three and outs until Boyle was behind and had to abandon the wishbone (which they did of their choice??? after that fateful first possession of the second half) and had to pass. If Scott Co. makes their living between the tackles, they have a chance to control the flow of the game.

RU, I think all good teams expect to win when they take the field and execute their game plan. Highlands will make adjustments to their game plan to win. Scott County would also fall into that category, when those helmets go on they expect to win.

Friday will be a great test for both teams. They will see where they stand against a really good team & where they need to improve. The ultimate goal for Highlands and I assume Scott County is State Champs.

I agree KYHoss. After reading Bird Bath's post it appeared maybe he was suggesting somehow that Highlands expects to win the game more than does Scott County.