What Do You Do With Ludwick in 2013?

Clyde

What does Rolen's money have to do with it? Tons of guys are getting raises next year that will be eating that money.

Nothing. Which is why I didn't say give him Rolen's money.

I was just saying that I wouldn't pay him more than what Rolen currently makes. That's his value, IMO.

Call it confidence,call it the GABP, call it whatever you want, but if Ludwick keeps putting up these kinds of numbers in September and October, this guy is playing himself into maybe a 3-4 contract with someone. They've already mentioned on Reds broadcasts how well he hits at Wrigley and Coors Field, I could see the Cubs or Rockies giving him the money and years if the Reds don't, I cetainly would take him over Soriano if I were Chicago

Call it confidence,call it the GABP, call it whatever you want, but if Ludwick keeps putting up these kinds of numbers in September and October, this guy is playing himself into maybe a 3-4 contract with someone. They've already mentioned on Reds broadcasts how well he hits at Wrigley and Coors Field, I could see the Cubs or Rockies giving him the money and years if the Reds don't, I cetainly would take him over Soriano if I were Chicago

All the more reason to try to lock him up for a couple of years before he gets time to think about that. The way they have talked was that he was grateful for the chance to come here and prove last year was a fluke but then there is the vulture that handles his contracts to worry about.