July 31, 201214 yr What about UofL talking about throwing out Chick-Fil-A? Should a state run university be picking sides here in a religous debate?
July 31, 201214 yr What about UofL talking about throwing out Chick-Fil-A? Should a state run university be picking sides here in a religous debate? I think that falls under "slippery slope."
July 31, 201214 yr No question supporters are rolling out. That doesn't mean the poll is invalid. Invalid? No. Skewed? Absolutely. Let's see what it is in 3 months, 6 months and a year. Polls right now have no bearing on long term results. My guess is it will have little effect after 90 days, if that long.
July 31, 201214 yr Invalid? No. Skewed? Absolutely. Let's see what it is in 3 months, 6 months and a year. Polls right now have no bearing on long term results. My guess is it will have little effect after 90 days, if that long. It will be interesting to follow. IMO those who are rallying by showing up are much more short-term than those who are truly offended. We'll see.
July 31, 201214 yr What about UofL talking about throwing out Chick-Fil-A? Should a state run university be picking sides here in a religous debate? I wonder what the reaction would be if a state university's leadership said they were going to attempt to revoke the lease of a store owned by openly gay people?
July 31, 201214 yr It will be interesting to follow. IMO those who are rallying by showing up are much more short-term than those who are truly offended. We'll see. I don't think there are all that many truly offended. It makes for a good show though.
July 31, 201214 yr It will be interesting to follow. IMO those who are rallying by showing up are much more short-term than those who are truly offended. We'll see. I think both are going to end up being equally short term.
August 1, 201214 yr I don't think there are all that many truly offended. It makes for a good show though. You don't think the gay community is offended?
August 1, 201214 yr I'll be glad when people stop supporting Chick-Fil-A -- this drive-thru line is ridiculous.
August 1, 201214 yr Author I wonder what the reaction would be if a state university's leadership said they were going to attempt to revoke the lease of a store owned by openly gay people? Great question. I think we all know the answer.
August 1, 201214 yr Nope. Seriously? The gay community has been fighting for the right to marry for years. Why would you think they're not opposed to this guy's stance and will stop supporting his business?
August 1, 201214 yr I wonder what the reaction would be if a state university's leadership said they were going to attempt to revoke the lease of a store owned by openly gay people?Did that happen?
August 1, 201214 yr Boone County public libraries are awarding the kids who complete the summer reading program with a free Chik-Fil-A kids meal coupon. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.